Magnavox 557, 537, 535, 533, 515, 513, 2160A, 2160, 2080 & Philips 3576, 3575 - Page 528 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #15811 of 25901 Old 09-05-2011, 01:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimster58 View Post

hello, first time post so please go easy on me! I've had the 2160A for a little over a year now and am still learning all the ins and outs. I've read the entire thread but remain confused about the finalize process.
After dubbing to disc I find I must power off the unit before the finalize option is hilighted in the menu. Is this common with this unit? I have not yet installed the FW update. thanks.

Welcome.

In the 2160A's, if you have a pre-programmed recording scheduled within 1 hour, the finalization option in the setup menu will be "grayed" out. To overcome this protective feature, change the start timing of the upcoming scheduled program, then reset the time after finalization has been completed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15812 of 25901 Old 09-05-2011, 01:45 PM

Liked: 10
I had zero programs scheduled on the timer. This has happened 2-3 times after dubbing off the HDD.
post #15813 of 25901 Old 09-05-2011, 01:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLely View Post

Comcast has completed its migration to total digital in my area. Since then the Maggie (straight cable, no DTA) has assigned 2 of my beloved PBS stations to the same channel (2.1 and 7.2, respectively) as the NBC affiliate and something called the ME channel. Surfing the channels brings up the PBS stations right AFTER its commercial station counterpart. This is livable except when I try to program the PBS stations; then, I get the commercial station recorded rather than the PBS station.

Any thoughts or solutions would be very appreciated.

Jim

This has been happening to me on Bright House with a personal favorite local since last spring. I've been unable to find any solution that doesn't involve using a cable box to do the tuning or a switch to OTA or satellite for that channel.

Here the problem is with a MyNetwork local that is available locally only in HD that Bright House converts to SD and IDs with the same garbage virtual channel PSIP info as the MyNetwork subchannel 2 (Cool TV) and with the MyNetwork HD main channel 1 from which the default SD is converted. The only way to reach the HD channel is to channel up to it from a lower channel number, or to channel down to it from a higher channel number. Even though the desired channel is reachable this way, it won't stay locked. It will randomly change to the channel below (38.1 SD, or the next SD digital below that), or to a black screen, even if it is currently being recorded at the time.

Trying to go straight to the HD channel through a timer or directly is impossible. Calls to support always result it offer to lease a converter box, blaming customer owned equipment, and/or suggesting to call the support dept. of the manufacturer of the customer owned equipment.

Before spring, the HD channel was ID'd using a 3 digit main number (110.xx IIRC), and the SD channel was ID'd with the same main number as broadcast (38.1). In spring the 110 part as ID for the HD channel was dropped, replaced by 38, and the trouble began. This awful behavior happens on both updated 2160A and 515.

Genuine HD via ATSC and BUD satellite DVB.
Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409
post #15814 of 25901 Old 09-05-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimster58 View Post

I had zero programs scheduled on the timer. This has happened 2-3 times after dubbing off the HDD.

To help us, would you please describe STEP by STEP the proceedures you use when burning a program on the HDD to a blank DVD. Also the make of blank media you use.

post #15815 of 25901 Old 09-05-2011, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:

Comcast has completed its migration to total digital in my area. Since then the Maggie (straight cable, no DTA) has assigned 2 of my beloved PBS stations to the same channel (2.1 and 7.2, respectively) as the NBC affiliate and something called the ME channel. Surfing the channels brings up the PBS stations right AFTER its commercial station counterpart. This is livable except when I try to program the PBS stations; then, I get the commercial station recorded rather than the PBS station.

Any thoughts or solutions would be very appreciated.

Jim

You could try removing the coax from the ANT IN connector and run auto channel preset to clear out the channel memory. After it finishes looking for channels re-connect the coax and run auto channel preset again.
post #15816 of 25901 Old 09-05-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfw515 View Post

LennyB,
During the various freezes, would it be correct to say that the analog tuner was being used when the freeze occurred? To elaborate, after you manually turned on the Magnavox 515 and began using it, you did not change it to a Digital channel (or to the Line 1 Input). Yes/No/Not Sure?
dfw515

I can't be 100% sure but I strongly believe in the three cases that I recall, I was tuned to analog channels.
post #15817 of 25901 Old 09-05-2011, 03:31 PM
Advanced Member

RE: the freeze issue. So if a person lives in an area with only low power analog channels (possibly Barstow California?) or lives in Canada and has cable where they encrypt all digital channels, then that person is s*** out of luck with avoiding the freezing?

How can we say "the digital transition is complete" when thousands of low power stations are still broadcasting in analog?
LOW POWER ANALOG NEEDS TO DIE NOW!!!
post #15818 of 25901 Old 09-05-2011, 04:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post

The 515H, when turned OFF (Standby Mode), will pass native resolution rf signals slightly boosted to the rf output.

When using the 515H tuner, the rf output will be in the resolution you specify in setup for Progressive On/Off, and the remote for HDMI resolution, or in 480i for other outputs. I haven't tested the component/progressive outputs. The coax audio will also pass DD 5.1 if you get that OTA.

Forgot to mention: it also has a QAM tuner. No free converter box should be needed unless you're picky about channel numbers. But if you get clear QAM HD channels and feed them to a S-VHS VCR the PQ is about the same. You will lose random access and DD5.1, but the picture is quite good. I equate that setup to my Sony DHG, since the Mitsu HD2000U is/was a classy unit. JVC also made an HD VCR. All have gone to heaven now.

You say the 515 will output in the resolution that you have set. But is that scaled up? It could be the ATSC tuner in it outputs 480p like the CECB, then it scales up via to the native resolution of your display.

I have no cable, just OTA, so no need for QAM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBoneit View Post

Only way to tell is see how DVDs look on your HDTV. If you don't like them, then you won't like the 515.

Also note that the 515 output looks best from HD channels

Yeah, strange, the 480i OTA channels seem to broadcast in as low quality as possible, much lower in quality than the HD channels through the CECB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.F View Post

It can look as good as any commercial DVD movie if you give it a good source. Many people don't realize that DVD movies are not HD.

DVD looks acceptable, but I know how 1080i source looks like from all the OTA channels.

Why can't they put scalers like HQV in any devices? I remember seeing a HQV demo back in something like 2003 of 480i scaled to 1080p vs a 1080p source, both A/B'd onto a 30 ft screen, with sitting position of 20-30ft. Nobody noticed a difference.
post #15819 of 25901 Old 09-05-2011, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Hawk View Post

RE: the freeze issue. So if a person lives in an area with only low power analog channels (possibly Barstow California?) or lives in Canada and has cable where they encrypt all digital channels, then that person is s*** out of luck with avoiding the freezing?

Assuming, first of all, that a person has a unit that freezes, they shouldn't despair yet since this sounds more and more like the old "analog interference" issue that some units have exhibited in the past on certain cable systems, even before the 513 and 515. If so, that means as long as the unit has both analog and digitals in memory, there could be a problem. And it could be just one or two digitals interfering with one or two analogs.

If a person is lucky enough to have only analog channels they'd like to record, do an Auto Channel Preset > Cable (Analog/Digital) and remove the coax after analog ch. 123 or so (don't let any digitals tune at all). You can experiment later with adding some important digital channels using Manual Channel Preset and see what happens.

If you decide to try adding channels after a single-tuner scan, here's some info on Cable Tuning Interference just in case you get a non-freezing channel conflict where a single channel won't tune cuz it's got duplicate info, screwed up info, or whatever.

Vice versa for anyone lucky enough to have only digitals they're interested in.

This is worth a try until something more promising appears?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
post #15820 of 25901 Old 09-05-2011, 04:13 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by LennyB View Post

I can't be 100% sure but I strongly believe in the three cases that I recall, I was tuned to analog channels.

I thought that analog channels might have something to do with your freezes.
Please try the 3 Temporary Solutions at the bottom of this post

I think there is a very good chance that it will keep your unit from locking up.

dfw515

post #15821 of 25901 Old 09-05-2011, 04:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwang View Post

You say the 515 will output in the resolution that you have set. But is that scaled up? It could be the ATSC tuner in it outputs 480p like the CECB, then it scales up via to the native resolution of your display.

The internal tuner in all these DVDRs is SD. That means that anything the tuner recovers was processed at 480 lines. Any higher resolution was created by upscaling. Personally, I see no benefit from such upscalling. My TVs all have to be able to convert 480 lines to native resolution. I see no reason to expect any external unit to do it better than the TV. For my Vizio VX32L, native resolution is 1024x768. I believe it would be silly to have the DVDR upscale to 720 or 1080 and then have the Vizio rescale to 768. I have to believe a single rescaling is going to be more accurate than 2 steps. I have that TV connected to my Philips DVDR3575 using HDMI set to 480P.

The discussion about HD OTA signal merely refer to the fact that the DVDR antenna out has not been "processed" by the DVDR. It appears that the entire antenna spectrum signal has just been amplified slightly. The DVDR TUNER never did anything to it.

My largest screen is on my Philips 42PF7320 42" Plasma TV. It is my impression that when I feed it from the DVDR3576 Component Out or the 2160A HDMI at 480P, from a good OTA signal, the image looks very similar in quality to a commercial DVD, played on an cheap DVD player connected to the TV using Component Out.

Obviously, all my opinions are subjective, and I am sure many disagree with me.
post #15822 of 25901 Old 09-05-2011, 05:23 PM

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by wajo View Post

Assuming, first of all, that a person has a unit that freezes, they shouldn't despair yet since this sounds more and more like the old "analog interference" issue that some units have exhibited in the past on certain cable systems, even before the 513 and 515. If so, that means as long as the unit has both analog and digitals in memory, there could be a problem. And it could be just one or two digitals interfering with one or two analogs.

I agree on the CableCo analog interference. I have two 2160A's that were flawless until I upgraded the firmware which forced me to do a channel rescan. My CableCo (Cox KS) had rearranged/added/deleted channels since I'd had to rescan and they changed something the 2160A's didn't like. I had the 24 hour clock/freezing/locking up problem until I went through and set my channel lineup the way it was before I had to rescan and they have been flawless since.

I haven't had to do a rescan on my 2160 and 3576 so I don't know if they would react badly to the CableCo's changes.
post #15823 of 25901 Old 09-05-2011, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas_Tom View Post

I agree on the CableCo analog interference. I have two 2160A's that were flawless until I upgraded the firmware which forced me to do a channel rescan. My CableCo (Cox KS) had rearranged/added/deleted channels since I'd had to rescan and they changed something the 2160A's didn't like. I had the 24 hour clock/freezing/locking up problem until I went through and set my channel lineup the way it was before I had to rescan and they have been flawless since.

I haven't had to do a rescan on my 2160 and 3576 so I don't know if they would react badly to the CableCo's changes.

This just jogged my long-term memory of the times I was testing for The 11:57 Procedure. I tried LOTS of Manual channels in the Auto Clock menu and, when I tried a local-access analog cable channel (ch. 2), cuz it had a clock in it , my 3575 froze solid. I tried again and it froze again.

(Hmmm, I wonder if analog ch. 2 is used by other cablecos and it has a recorder-destruct signal in it... they wouldn't do that on purpose, would they?)

So, it might be interesting to see how many people with freezes have Auto Clock set to ON, or a local access channel in the Manual box?

All units up until the late-513 and 515 have Auto Clock set to ON as default.

In this cable-tuning environment, I don't think you want your Auto Clock scanning all the channels actively searching for ANY embedded signal content... passive reception is all you need? If you can find a good time signal with The 11:57 Procedure, that's the only way to go for an SAFE auto clock setting.

|
|
|
post #15824 of 25901 Old 09-05-2011, 07:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 18
As I have posted a couple of times now, I have used the "temporary solutions" for about two months now and have had no freezes or clock issues.

I thinking that the temporary solutions might have to be permanent ones. I can live with it.

Quote:

I thought that analog channels might have something to do with your freezes.
Please try the 3 Temporary Solutions at the bottom of this post

I think there is a very good chance that it will keep your unit from locking up.

dfw515

post #15825 of 25901 Old 09-05-2011, 08:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by stapler1234 View Post

Joe, as a matter of interest, does your 2150A referenced above still have the original firmware or did you update the FW to the H2160MW9A [E2S00UD] per Funai's Firmware Update File HD6A26972AH1E.ZIP?

(Personally, I have never encountered the 24 hour clock display problem on any of my three 2160A's.)

Thanks

I did the update. It seemed to have no effect on the clock but I then could put a virgin DVD in the drive without a problem. I don't know why the clock went to 24 hour display and since the pm indicator was displayed, I don't think it was designed to do that. I have never used the autoclock ability since it finds my PBS station at midnight and reads the same wrong time each night (mon - fri). I'm going to look back on my old posts for the dates when this happened.
post #15826 of 25901 Old 09-05-2011, 08:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwang View Post

I have no cable, just OTA, so no need for QAM.

Yeah, strange, the 480i OTA channels seem to broadcast in as low quality as possible, much lower in quality than the HD channels through the CECB.

DVD looks acceptable, but I know how 1080i source looks like from all the OTA channels.

Why can't they put scalers like HQV in any devices? I remember seeing a HQV demo back in something like 2003 of 480i scaled to 1080p vs a 1080p source, both A/B'd onto a 30 ft screen, with sitting position of 20-30ft. Nobody noticed a difference.

Why do you use a converter box?

On the 515H, I set the output for the HDD or DVD or tuner. Should I be watching a 1080i channel with the 515H tuner, I can watch it at 1080p or 480i to my TV via HDMI which always displays 1080p. I turn the 515H to standby and I can whatever comes from the cable feed without alteration. I receive cable at 480i analog & digital, 480p ED, and 720p/1080i HD. I never watch NTSC channels, since all of them are also sent as SD or HD.

Resolution matters for aspect ratio, since I have my TV set to make SD digital 480i display as full screen but a 720p, 1080i/p signal display at 16:9 if that is what the content contains. My local HD stations have been gradually moving their in-house content to 16:9, but they are not finished. Imagine a 1080i signal being shrunk to 4:3 then having that reduced because of a storm warning or school closing. Not a pretty sight.

I have several HD tuners. Anything you want to know?
post #15827 of 25901 Old 09-05-2011, 10:43 PM

Liked: 11
I am hoping there is a quick solution to my problem.

I have my Magnovox 513 connected to my Samsung HDTV via HDMI and have them paired where if I turn on the 513, it will turn on automatically my Samsung TV.

My problem is that if I have the 513 in DVD mode and have a pending recording timer for the HDD, it will automatically turn on my TV, even though I am not at home. This problem doesn't occur if it's in HDD mode.

Is there a known fix for this issue?
post #15828 of 25901 Old 09-06-2011, 06:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyJeffSD View Post

I am hoping there is a quick solution to my problem.

I have my Magnovox 513 connected to my Samsung HDTV via HDMI and have them paired where if I turn on the 513, it will turn on automatically my Samsung TV.

My problem is that if I have the 513 in DVD mode and have a pending recording timer, it will automatically turn on my TV, even though I am not at home. This problem doesn't occur if it's in HDD mode.

Is there a known fix for this issue?

That is the most interesting problem I have heard of in months. I don't have even a guess as to how you can prevent it. I never use CEC with the 515, TV or AVR since there is an option to not use it. Personal preference only, and about as important to me as .....

It does demonstrate that the percentage of people who record to DVD directly is most likely very low.
post #15829 of 25901 Old 09-06-2011, 06:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I did some testing with my 515 and think that I have determined one method to "force" a Magnavox MDR515H/F7 to freeze by doing the following. It worked 5 out of 6 times. Not sure what I did differently the one time it did not freeze.
Step#1 -- changed the 515 to an analog channel. Step#2 -- Powered off for one minute. Step#3 -- Turned power on and left the unit on the analog tuner. Step#4 -- Within a few seconds the analog tuner began cutting out (for a few seconds at a time to a "black screen" with a very brief audio static sound in between). Step#5 -- Waited a few minutes for the TV screen to go completely black (but with the channel's audio still on). Voila, I forced an "Analog Channel Freeze".

Comments/thoughts?
dfw515

First, I followed your steps. No problems. I have had both my 515H and 2160A parked on NTSC 10 or 2, recording short analog titles for over a week. I check every day. No clock or lockup problems. I wish I could do more.

Second, except for some clock testing, I have never used the analog part of the tuner on either my 2160A or 515H.

Finally, my two pennies. The NTSC part of the tuner doesn't get a lot of work to do as a percentage of installed units. Even the box has "digital tuner" in large letters. If there was a small fault with the manufacturing (not design) of the tuner (may not even be made by Funai), it would not affect everyone. Same issue with the 24 hour front panel display. I want to restate: it's a front panel display issue. No reports have ever been made of any display of 24 hour time except for the front panel. The DVDR is more like a computer than a toaster. It will have bugs. Like: make 20 titles, schedule 6, watch two, power up on a Sunday and a bit will get set that makes the clock display go to 24 hours. You get the idea. I wish you luck.

Given the option (like my Toshiba), I would disable the front panel display when in standby mode.
post #15830 of 25901 Old 09-06-2011, 06:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:

You could try removing the coax from the ANT IN connector and run auto channel preset to clear out the channel memory. After it finishes looking for channels re-connect the coax and run auto channel preset again.

Thanks. I tried your suggestion but it made no difference.

Jim
post #15831 of 25901 Old 09-06-2011, 06:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:

It does demonstrate that the percentage of people who record to DVD directly is most likely very low.

Dunno, for those with no HDs in their recorders likely it's close to 100%. Have you seen a recorder with HD in it in a local retail store lately?

Genuine HD via ATSC and BUD satellite DVB.
Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409
post #15832 of 25901 Old 09-06-2011, 07:02 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Time to try just a digital scan?

Do an Auto Channel Preset > Cable (Analog/Digital) with the coax off until the 1st DTV ch. appears or as it's switching so scan picks up only the digitals. If you miss a low-numbered digital ch. that you KNOW has programming, you can add it later with the Manual Preset menu.

If no joy, read this help file on Cable Tuning Interference and see if you might have some "interfering" channels.

|
|
|
post #15833 of 25901 Old 09-06-2011, 07:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmazda View Post

Dunno, for those with no HDs in their recorders likely it's close to 100%. Have you seen a recorder with HD in it in a local retail store lately?

Sorry, I should have made it clear I was only testing and posting about the 2160A and/or the 515H.

I have a Panasonic EZ28 (two) that records to DVD at about 100% success rate. I also have a Toshiba DVD (three) recorder with a 90% failure rate. Both record (DVD-RAM) from external HD tuners and both are back in their boxes since I can't give them away.

Funny though, since you mentioned it. I haven't been in the CE department of a retail store in 10 years at least. All those TV sets on Vivid brightness makes my eyes water.
post #15834 of 25901 Old 09-06-2011, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm looking a the SiliconDust channels page for Naples/Comcast. The only troublemaker channel that I can see is WBBH-HD. It's carried on physical channel 18 but PSIP *should* assign that one to virtual channel 2.1. The data shown for that station at SiliconDust is incomplete so that is probably the one mucking up your channel assignments.

DTV 18 carries the following stations:
18.1 WBBH-HD 2.1
18.2 WZVN-HD 7.1
18.3 NBC W+ 2.2
18.4 WZVN Me 7.2

Can you directly tune channels 18.1, 18.2, 18.3 or 18.4 with the remote?
post #15835 of 25901 Old 09-06-2011, 01:44 PM

The following message is posted in AMAZON's MDR515 question area:
Quote:

SHEPPY says:
my mdr-515 f7 keeps locking up when using the dvd player ,
and when it does there is no eject . . . no operation of any
front panel buttons , its totaly locked up. funai has no
upgrade for the 515 only for the 513 . . .?

I hope Funai is giving this "freeze" problem a lot of priority.

post #15836 of 25901 Old 09-06-2011, 06:31 PM
Advanced Member

[quote=wajo;20911711]Time to try just a digital scan?

Do an Auto Channel Preset > Cable (Analog/Digital) with the coax off until the 1st DTV ch. appears or as it's switching so scan picks up only the digitals. If you miss a low-numbered digital ch. that you KNOW has programming, you can add it later with the Manual Preset menu.

QUOTE]

Hi Wajo,

Thanks, I tried but no joy.

Jim
post #15837 of 25901 Old 09-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I'm looking a the SiliconDust channels page for Naples/Comcast. The only troublemaker channel that I can see is WBBH-HD. It's carried on physical channel 18 but PSIP *should* assign that one to virtual channel 2.1. The data shown for that station at SiliconDust is incomplete so that is probably the one mucking up your channel assignments.

DTV 18 carries the following stations:
18.1 WBBH-HD 2.1
18.2 WZVN-HD 7.1
18.3 NBC W+ 2.2
18.4 WZVN Me 7.2

Can you directly tune channels 18.1, 18.2, 18.3 or 18.4 with the remote?

Ken,

Thanks for your help.

I've looked at SiliconDust's site for Naples and the problems involve NBC W+ and WGCU HD (PBS), both coming in on virtual 2.2. The other problem involves WZVN Me and World (PBS), both coming in on virtual 7.2.
When I surf the channels, just before World appears on 7.2, a momentary 20. (nothing to the right of the decimal point) appears just before it rapidly changes to 7.2.

When I directly key in 18.1, 18.3 and 18.4, they all immediately change to 2.1 (WBBH HD); 18.2 immediately changes to 2.2 (NBC W+).
post #15838 of 25901 Old 09-06-2011, 08:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ken,

Thanks for your help.

I've looked at SiliconDust's site for Naples and the problems involve NBC W+ and WGCU HD (PBS), both coming in on virtual 2.2. The other problem involves WZVN Me and World (PBS), both coming in on virtual 7.2.
When I surf the channels, just before World appears on 7.2, a momentary 20. (nothing to the right of the decimal point) appears just before it rapidly changes to 7.2.

When I directly key in 18.1, 18.3 and 18.4, they all immediately change to 2.1 (WBBH HD); 18.2 immediately changes to 2.2 (NBC W+).

You could try running auto channel preset with the cable off again to clear the channels, then run auto channel preset once more with the cable still off. When it gets to DTV 19 connect the cable again. Hopefully you can get the cable connected again before auto channel preset passes DTV 20 because that's where your PBS channels are. When it is finished programming the channels check for your PBS stations. You should be able to directly tune them on virtual 2.2 and 7.2. If you can tune them in you might be able to use manual channel preset to add DTV 18 again. Hopefully the manual channel preset will recognize 2.2 and 7.2 are already taken by the PBS stations and assign Me and W+ to some other virtual channel numbers.
post #15839 of 25901 Old 09-06-2011, 10:26 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

That is the most interesting problem I have heard of in months. I don't have even a guess as to how you can prevent it. I never use CEC with the 515, TV or AVR since there is an option to not use it. Personal preference only, and about as important to me as .....

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I don't record to DVD, I actually have it to record to HDD, but if I have a DVD disc in the tray--because I was watching a DVD movie and I turned it off for the day. And if I leave it in DVD mode, it will turn on my TV when I have a recording pending for HDD. My only workaround to avoid this is to make sure I leave it in HDD mode after I finish watching a DVD movie. But children are very forgetful, so I am hoping there is a better plan to avoid this or perhaps something that an update in the firmware could fix in the near future.
post #15840 of 25901 Old 09-07-2011, 01:47 AM

Liked: 15
We are using Funai original format to protect illigal copy.

Quote:

Must be just a windows/NTFS problem. As for a popular defined file system, perhaps 234 could let us know if it's proprietary or not.

Since the 515H and its older relatives are continuously recording the viewed content a background defrag doesn't seem likely. But I could be wrong. They could have the buffering and horsepower to do it.

Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

Tags
Magnavox Mdr515h 500gb Hdd And Dvd R With Digital Tuner
Gear in this thread - Mdr515h by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page