Magnavox 557, 537, 535, 533, 515, 513, 2160A, 2160, 2080 & Philips 3576, 3575 - Page 874 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #26191 of 26195 Old Yesterday, 07:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 139
It doesn't matter, but the bottom crawl is Nasdaq, not S&P. The HD feed on CNBC can have blurring of the crawls during commercials. Don't use it as a benchmark for clarity. The bottom crawl is sometimes slower. Yeah, I watch CNBC all the time. Sometimes the SD version is easier to watch.

Last edited by JoeKustra; Yesterday at 10:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #26192 of 26195 Old Yesterday, 09:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 664 Post(s)
Liked: 513
I order to have frame accurate editing, the unit has to have capability for local recoding around the cut point. Real-time burning will do that because it recodes the entire video during the output. Unless the HSD has local recoding built in it will make cuts at an I-frame. It would be surprising to see that capability in one of these units.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #26193 of 26195 Old Yesterday, 07:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmazda View Post
I don't know if it flows into how these newer models enable advantages of VR mode, but in video mode used by most Funais your edits can miss your mark by up to 14 frames, leaving bits of commercial at start, end or middle, that you thought you edited out, playing after you've dubbed to a DVD. VR mode at least in theory is accurate to the frame, while DVDs using it may not be playable on the player you want to play it on.
So between "Video" mode and "VR" mode, "Video" mode is the one you'd want so's to assure it'll play on a standard DVD player?
post #26194 of 26195 Old Yesterday, 07:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by gastrof View Post
... can someone tell me where the manual specifically says you can set the aspect ratio for a DVD you're burning? What page is that on?

The only possible sign of it (that I've found) is on page 101, bottom part of the "Recording" section. It also seems to suggest this can only be done in "Video" mode. Again, wondering what that's all about.
Does anyone with the 557 have any experience in burning a DVD in anamorphic widescreen?

If we misunderstood this all along and the 557 can't do it anyway, then that's a reason to not bother with it if you've got several of the earlier models.
post #26195 of 26195 Old Today, 03:33 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I have a Magnavox 513 that I got around less than 3 years ago and it has been a great machine but I just had a problem.It all of a sudden can not erase or record on any RW DVD.When I try, for about 14 seconds it seems like normal but then I get an error message.

Recording Error
Can Not record on this disc
E 4 54043e02

It can play what was on the RW DVD.Also I have tested and it seems to play all DVDS and it can record on -R and +R.So the only issue seems to be with RW DVD's.

I use RW DVDs a lot so loosing this feature hurts my normal recording a lot.

I was wondering if I could get some advice on what I should do or try.
Thanks so much
post #26196 of 26195 Old Today, 06:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 271 Post(s)
Liked: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepeluso View Post
Hi, I have a Magnavox 513 that I got around less than 3 years ago and it has been a great machine but I just had a problem.It all of a sudden can not erase or record on any RW DVD.When I try, for about 14 seconds it seems like normal but then I get an error message.

Recording Error
Can Not record on this disc
E 4 54043e02

It can play what was on the RW DVD.Also I have tested and it seems to play all DVDS and it can record on -R and +R.So the only issue seems to be with RW DVD's.

I use RW DVDs a lot so loosing this feature hurts my normal recording a lot.

I was wondering if I could get some advice on what I should do or try.
Thanks so much
If you are having trouble with DVD+RW discs try switching to DVD-RW. My 513 and 515 both do the same thing yours does with all of the discs from a 10 pack of cheap Memorex DVD+RW discs that I have. The recorders work just fine with all of the other disc types and brands that I have (Sony+R and -R, TY-JVC -R, and Memorex +R, -R and -RW). Both of my Magnavox recorders are heavily used so it's possible the spindle clamp is just getting dirty and can't get a grip on those discs. The same +RWs play in the Magnavox recorders and they read and write fine in my computers so I don't think there is anything wrong with the recording area.
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

Tags
Magnavox Mdr515h 500gb Hdd And Dvd R With Digital Tuner
Gear in this thread - Mdr515h by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page