Magnavox 557, 537, 535, 533, 515, 513, 2160A, 2160, 2080 & Philips 3576, 3575 - Page 883 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #26461 of 26461 Old Today, 01:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
New 557 or used 535/537?

I have had an mdr535 for a couple years. I use the hdd almost every day mostly for time-shifting, from which I occasionally burn dvds. I haven't had any problems with it and I am looking to buy a second unit. I note from previous posts here that there are apparently significant differences between my 535 and the latest 557 model. Do those differences (some of which I do not fully understand) reduce the basic functionality of the unit? Is the new model "cheaped down" in any sense? Should I buy a new 557, or would I have better luck with a used or refurbed 535/537 on Ebay?

Also, is there a way to transfer contents of the hdd to an external hdd? (I don't mean removing and replacing the internal drive, I mean plugging in a cable and pressing buttons, as you would with a PC.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

Tags
Magnavox Mdr515h 500gb Hdd And Dvd R With Digital Tuner
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page