Magnavox 557, 537, 535, 533, 515, 513, 2160A, 2160, 2080 & Philips 3576, 3575 - Page 912 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 135Likes

post #27331 of 27332 Old Yesterday, 09:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
INFO: TDS cable in Alamogordo, NM has been warning customers for several months about losing analog service, but did not begin to drop channels until July (at least for what we watch/record with Mag 557). About half are now gone from lineup, I expect the remaining ones to go before long. Anyway, TDS offered settop box(es) for free for the first six months, with 3.50/month fee thereafter. We have been experimenting with the box, provided to TDS by "Evolution Digital", which has one analog (ch 3-4) out and one HDMI out. It is quite small, about 5" x 5" x 1", powered with external wall wart. According to the book the remote has both IR and RF link, because it refers to setting up the remote to control a box which does not have line of sight. We have not tried the RF link, since the boxes are not in the same room. So far we are able to run the TV on the HDMI out and the Mag 557 on the Ch3 analog out simultaneously (with both receiving the same channel, of course). I was surprised because the instructions indicated only one output could be used at a time, as some have indicated on the forum for other cable providers. We may end up using both boxes where the main TV is, to watch one channel whilst recording another when all analog goes away so the RF control capability will be handy for that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #27332 of 27332 Old Today, 05:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wajo View Post
rrgg, the 53x series don't have easily replaceable fuses (they switched to soldered in that series), so I emailed Funai Service to see if they can be of any help. Might know something tomorrow or ??? (I have an old link in my help files, so I'm also testing that link.)
OK. So you think it's more likely a fuse than power supply?

I haven't unscrewed the DVR case, but I wonder if I can visibly tell whether the fuse is burnt out. (Haven't done any soldering in many years but would up for it if that does the trick.) Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

Tags
Magnavox Mdr515h 500gb Hdd And Dvd R With Digital Tuner

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page