Magnavox 557, 537, 535, 533, 515, 513, 2160A, 2160, 2080 & Philips 3576, 3575 - Page 913 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 135Likes
post #27361 of 27363 Unread Today, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #27362 of 27363 Unread Today, 11:36 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've been doing the Soft Resets and still have the same problem. Should I do a Hard Reset?
post #27363 of 27363 Unread Today, 11:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 38
[OT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gastrof View Post
One of my Monoprice HDMI to composite/s-video converters is starting to go belly up... I think.

Very slight horizontal lines thru the screen. (Not there on a direct HDMI feed.) The one in my living room is still working fine, but not the bedroom machine's converter.

Could this be another power supply issue? I don't want to change the power supply for a new one only to have the same thing happen. Was wondering if anyone's seen their Monoprice converter develop this symptom.
Swapping the wall warts between BR & LR ought to tell you if it's a PS problem, if they're both 5V 1.0A, which is typical for these.

I don't remember if any of my converters ever had symptoms like you see, but I have had multiple wall warts go belly up. I successfully fixed at least two, at least one of which did come from Monoprice. Those wall warts are made with junk brand caps that can be expected not to last in continuous use. I also bought a replacement wall wart from Mouser in December 2014 that still works. Caps for repair came from Mouser and/or Digi-Key. I used 470uF 16V 5mm or 470uF 16V 3.5mm from Mouser in at least two of those I fixed.

How I got them apart I don't remember any more. I may have found some instructions on badcaps.net. I used rubber bands to super glue them back together after testing to see the repairs worked, but tie wraps should work well enough too.

Genuine HD via ATSC and BUD satellite DVB.
Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

Tags
Magnavox Mdr515h 500gb Hdd And Dvd R With Digital Tuner
Gear in this thread