Magnavox 557, 537, 535, 533, 515, 513, 2160A, 2160, 2080 & Philips 3576, 3575 - Page 914 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 137Likes

post #27391 of 27397 Old Yesterday, 02:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello everybody,

I own DVDR3575h/58 and after some DVDR failure (hung up/power off) it have stuck at STARTING at boot (on LCD panel) forever.

I have communicated DVDR machine via rs232 service port and at least diagnostic mode enters and Nucleus 100 gives response TEST OK
Nucleus 503 according to datasheet indicates Bootcode OK, Diagnostics OK , Download OK .. BUT ... Application checksum FAILS!.

System`s HDD formatting stucks forefer at FMT KEY (lcd panel) Also any forced firmware update gives ERROR DL and firmware I have downloaded exactly 3575h/58 from philips site (so I believe it is not firmware problem at all).

So as I understand now I need HDD dump (image) or at least some copy via hex editor from healthy disk so I could write correct information back to HDD to bring it back to live.
I`ve seen in russian forums also such HDD dumps/images exists. It is 160Gb machine, but in fact any HDD dump from 35xxh machine should work .

So basicly I am asking for help, now. Could somebody bring me copy of healthy (compressed) disk image ? Clean HDD`s image without any recordings, and compressed should not take more than few tens of Mbytes I believe. But any help/advice or hex file with some good amount of first HDD sectors might help me. Or please point me to right forums place (search does not help much)

Somehow I loved this machine and would be nice to bring it back to life. Thank you in advance and sorry for my not so brilliant english, as it is not my native language.

S.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #27392 of 27397 Old Yesterday, 05:59 AM - Thread Starter
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 178
electricat, your machine is not the same as the subject of this thread (North American DVDR3575H/37) so not sure if anyone here can help. Maybe you could look for a local forum for help?
post #27393 of 27397 Old Yesterday, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajo View Post
electricat, your machine is not the same as the subject of this thread (North American DVDR3575H/37) so not sure if anyone here can help. Maybe you could look for a local forum for help?
Thank you for response. At least I do not feel so lonely with this problem Internet is full of citations from service manual about HDD formatting and full of problem described exactly like I have, but I have not found solution. I found trough forums however, both parts firmware and HDD must be correct to "unbrick" device.

It is quite old machine and not widely spread in my location. So I have no any hopes in local forums. (I am not from Russia too)
As for my machine is 3575H/58 and incompatible to 3575H/37, you might be right. But it seems to me worth to try.

OR...

I also had idea compare for example H/37 HDD dump parts against philips firmware (for upgrading via USB. There comes *.bin file from philips site). and try to separate H/37 application and H/37 firmware parts so I can logically then compare and separate H/58 firmware and move to HDD application part extracted from H/58 firmware.
post #27394 of 27397 Old Yesterday, 02:45 PM

I managed to solve it.

As my DVD-R drive doors was faulty I completely dissassembled unit and prepared it without disk tray e.i. only motor spindle (I used some small flat ring magnet and aditional small CD to hold main CD with firmware in place).
Then using stencil I have imitated try door opening/closing (there is small plastic sensor near motor in front over top side PCB), so firmware update using power+REC+NEXT combination went OK. OPEN/INIT DISK/CHECKING BE etc etc /DOWNLOADING BE/DS etc.
At the end however there was note OPEN and after imediatelly ERROR DL , however after startup FMT KEY and FMT HDD went ok and finished as it should.
Unit has started and came back to life. It shows version 3,06 in setup screen however I have some worries about final ERROR DL . Not sure about firmware reflash via USB.

I tried unsucessfully format OLD disk. Somewhat it is faulty. PC scan did not show any bad sectors.

So firmware updating helped. Only big troubles there we have with 3575H DVD-R device.
Now I`ll make HDD image just for later investigation was my ideas right or not.
post #27395 of 27397 Old Yesterday, 03:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

ERROR CODES

Note: For any machine problem that has no other fix, either stated below or in this thread, try a nondestructive Soft Reset before tearing your hair out

See this help file for info on a common cause of "disc errors": failure of the Power Calibration (PC) test series the DVDR conducts on every blank disc every time it's loaded. As a burner ages and you use a lot of discs, and handle them by the center hole, dust, grease and boogers can accumulate on the burner's rubber gripper pad on the spindle, causing the disc to slip at startup or during a burn while the machine performs its intermittent in-process PC tests.

Hi Wajo

I would like to know why these mag recorders as well as the toshiba dvd/vhs recorders are all prone to the same errors: E 3 28031100
I have had these errors an all three pieces of equipment. One I had fixed because I had extended warranty. The Toshiba, I threw away because I was going to have to replace the DVD. I believe they are all built by Funai. Seem to be cheap and faulty. Know of any quick fixes ?
Thanks
jim
post #27396 of 27397 Old Yesterday, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samson3113 View Post
Hi Wajo

I would like to know why these mag recorders as well as the toshiba dvd/vhs recorders are all prone to the same errors: E 3 28031100
I have had these errors an all three pieces of equipment. One I had fixed because I had extended warranty. The Toshiba, I threw away because I was going to have to replace the DVD. I believe they are all built by Funai. Seem to be cheap and faulty. Know of any quick fixes ?
What type, brand and speed discs are failing... and are they new (not prev. recorded)?
post #27397 of 27397 Old Today, 06:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
What type, brand and speed discs are failing... and are they new (not prev. recorded)?
Hi Wajo

I have been using "New" maxell DVD-RW 4.7GB 2hr sp mode

I do re-use them after erasing

It is just not on recording

Happens when I erase the disc

If I open and close the platter drawer I get no error until the next time

Thanks
Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

Tags