Magnavox 557, 537, 535, 533, 515, 513, 2160A, 2160, 2080 & Philips 3576, 3575 - Page 918 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 150Likes

post #27511 of 27516 Old Today, 10:03 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by artwire View Post
What do I need to do to go back and record already buffered content (my maggie was on, but I forgot to hit record). I don't want to lose the buffered show (already 2 hrs in), so I don't want to push the wrong button and accidentally delete it. I'm pretty sure this can be saved. Do I back up to the start of the buffer and then manually hit record?

I'm sure it's in the Page One info, somewhere, but I must have missed it. I found 'chasing playback' info, but not how to retroactively record it. Can someone point me to the instructions?
For 2160A, 513 & 515, since I don't know how some newer models differ and these three are what I own, it's easier to rewrite than locate among Wajo's index:
Start into the record buffer with |<< or <<, find the place where you want the recording to start, and at that point press record. The first press of stop while recording the buffer will go live. The second press of stop will end the recording.

Genuine HD via ATSC and BUD satellite DVB.
Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #27512 of 27516 Old Today, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Thanks, Ken! That did the trick. I had forgotten the double stop to grab the full thing. Phew! I accidentally hit the wrong key once before and flushed the recording, so this was a big help.
post #27513 of 27516 Old Today, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmazda View Post
For 2160A, 513 & 515, since I don't know how some newer models differ and these three are what I own, it's easier to rewrite than locate among Wajo's index:
Start into the record buffer with |<< or <<, find the place where you want the recording to start, and at that point press record. The first press of stop while recording the buffer will go live. The second press of stop will end the recording.
Thanks! Got it. I thought it had disappeared after the second stop, but it saved the full buffer and went back to "live" at that point. This is the 537, and it worked the same way.
post #27514 of 27516 Old Today, 02:26 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopRock View Post
I think the 399$ price is for the newer HD recorders MDR868H... records in HD w/dual tuners , can transfer recordings to external devices, has wi-fi. 2TB and other new goodies

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Magnavox-MDR868H/
The $399 was for the 557 not the 868. That price would be good for the newer one not the old 557, and it doesn't matter anyway because they are already out of stock on the 557.
post #27515 of 27516 Old Today, 08:54 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by artwire View Post
It's been awhile since I've tried to do this, but I think it's possible. What do I need to do to go back and record already buffered content (my maggie was on, but I forgot to hit record). I don't want to lose the buffered show (already 2 hrs in), so I don't want to push the wrong button and accidentally delete it. I'm pretty sure this can be saved. Do I back up to the start of the buffer and then manually hit record?

I'm sure it's in the Page One info, somewhere, but I must have missed it. I found 'chasing playback' info, but not how to retroactively record it. Can someone point me to the instructions? Thanks!

Just rewind [or use chapter skips to go back in five minute increments Or use display to enter a specific time in the 6 hour recording buffer ] to where you wish to start recording and hit RECord when its recording you can press Stop which will take you to the end of the current recording file and you can either continue recording or press Stop again to fully stop and re-edit by bringing up the title that was recorded.
post #27516 of 27516 Old Today, 09:06 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joekoler View Post
The $399 was for the 557 not the 868. That price would be good for the newer one not the old 557, and it doesn't matter anyway because they are already out of stock on the 557.

$399 for the 557? yikes!! Hope no one got suckered for that price

I'm curious to get one of the newer ones MDR865H / MDR867H / MDR868H but only if I totally cut the cord, bit heavy funds but worth it if I cut cable but also have a 4 tuner Roamio OTA/QAM so even then I probably wouldn't
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

Tags
Magnavox Mdr515h 500gb Hdd And Dvd R With Digital Tuner
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page