Current Values For Used Panasonic HDD DVDRS' - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 01-07-2008, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
For you owners that have excess units I just sold my Panny DMR-EH75 HDD unit for $750 on an auction site. I would expect all USA Pioneer and Panasonic HDD models to fetch very good prices at this time. One of the factors imho that make the 2005-06 Pannys and 2006 Pio 640 highly desirable is the 500 line record capability at the 4 hour LP record mode and of course their HDD. I tested my Pio 640 against the Pannys and it essentially equaled the Pannies at LP.

The Lab called: Your Brain is ready.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 01-18-2008, 11:30 AM

Anyone know who or what sites to go to to find a Panny DMR-EH75V for sale or auction?
post #3 of 12 Old 01-18-2008, 11:47 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
eBay-dot-com, cnet.com, resellerratings.com
post #4 of 12 Old 01-19-2008, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I have a perfect EH80 that I will sell for $750! Any takers?

"The truth is out there!"
post #5 of 12 Old 01-19-2008, 09:25 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith901 View Post

I have a perfect EH80 that I will sell for $750! Any takers?

The Panasonic E-80 wasn't perfect when it was new, maximum 2X high speed dubbing, non-ergonomic remote and a high learning curve. If yours is like mine, the remote keys are worn out and the tray mechanism is on its last legs.

Which is why I got a modified Panasonic EH-67 until Panasonic decides to reenter the US market.
post #6 of 12 Old 01-19-2008, 11:02 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I still have a brand new Panny DMR-EH75 sitting in the box. I bet that sucker is worth buku bucks.
post #7 of 12 Old 03-07-2008, 09:04 AM

I have an Panny E80, E95 and a Sony RDR-HX715. Anyone interested, please PM me (I hope it's OK to mention this)
post #8 of 12 Old 03-07-2008, 12:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrytwo View Post

The Panasonic E-80 wasn't perfect when it was new....If yours is like mine, the remote keys are worn out and the tray mechanism is on its last legs.

Not my E85H. It's anything but worn out, and in excellent condition. (I always bought new recorders every year to keep the old one fresh, and in this case, I got the Sony RDR-HX900 - which is also still in excellent condition, because I got the EH75V to replace that.) Wonder what I could get for the E85H? (I'd still like to keep the Sony, because it's IR blaster controls satellite tuners, where the E85H's doesn't.)
post #9 of 12 Old 03-11-2008, 06:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Why are people paying a premium for older Panasonic and Pioneer HDD/DVD Recorders when you can still get HDD/DVD Recorders (Magnavox and Philips) from Walmart for $200-300? Are the Pios and Pannys that much better? I have a Pio 531 but want another HDD/DVD Recorder so my options seem to be those models from Walmart. How disappointed am I going to be?
P.S. I don't need a digital tuner as it will be used only for offloading stuff from my DirecTV HDTivo receiver.
post #10 of 12 Old 03-12-2008, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldorfSalad View Post

Why are people paying a premium for older Panasonic and Pioneer HDD/DVD Recorders when you can still get HDD/DVD Recorders (Magnavox and Philips) from Walmart for $200-300?

The older recorders have the TV Guide system. It's like having a TiVo without paying the monthly fees.
post #11 of 12 Old 03-12-2008, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldorfSalad View Post

.... I have a Pio 531 but want another HDD/DVD Recorder so my options seem to be those models from Walmart. How disappointed am I going to be?
P.S. I don't need a digital tuner as it will be used only for offloading stuff from my DirecTV HDTivo receiver.

I just bought a new Philips 3575H after using two Panasonic EH50 hard drive models for a few years. The Pannys are still going strong, I just wanted to have the digital tuner to record with also.

Although the Philips 3575H is a very nice recorder it lacks some subtle features of the older Panasonics such as Flexible Recording Modes, TV Guide, creating chapters while viewing a program full screen, and more importantly much better and more extensive editing modes including the very nice Playlist creation feature on the Pannys. Expect a similar lacking of advanced features you will experience after using the Pioneer/Toshiba models.

But since the Philips (and maybe Magnavox too) is the only one worth while to consider now in North America with digital tuner the Philips is not a bad alternative to the older models. And in your case of just off loading shows from your satellite box will work just fine, if you don't have any copy protection issues with the shows.

But stay away from the new digital tuner Polaroid DRA-01601A recorder, it is a nightmare to use and very poor build quality all around. I tried one before the Philips and all I can say is that Polaroid should be sued for putting out junk like this and making a poor unsuspecting consumer experience such a travesty.

If it was the only option out there then I would have thought about killing myself every time I would try to use it. So sorry for the people who do have this machine since there is a much better alternative machine.

So I would say you would not so much be disappointed (more like glad that at least the Philips option still exist), but feel like you are missing something with the Philips, like it could have been better.
post #12 of 12 Old 03-12-2008, 12:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco63 View Post

But stay away from the new digital tuner Polaroid DRA-01601A recorder, it is a nightmare to use and very poor build quality all around. I tried one before the Philips and all I can say is that Polaroid should be sued for putting out junk like this and making a poor unsuspecting consumer experience such a travesty.

If it was the only option out there then I would have thought about killing myself every time I would try to use it. So sorry for the people who do have this machine since there is a much better alternative machine.

Wow, I didn't have to wait long to comment about my latest find. I was at Micro Center on my lunch break and was checking out there DVDR's. Low and behold on the bottom of a shelf they had 2 models that I thought had went the way of the dinosaurs. A Lite On(which I didn't pay much attention to) and a Polaroid DTA-0160A.
What a hell of a deal on the Polaroid. 160GB HDD and Digital tuner, all for $149 I was oh so tempted. I mean it had all the features(on the outside) that the Philips 3575 had, for 1/2 the cost!
But I knew better.....even though I've only been around AVS for 4 months I've heard of the Polaroid name, and what I've read isn't good. So I saved my money. I really didn't need another DVDR anyway(I've got more than 1/2 dozen Panny's, but none w/hdd or digital tuner).
Note this Polaroid wasn't a referb(nothing on the box indicating so) but the main reason I even looked at the Polaroid was I was looking for the Component inputs, which this one lacked. It must have just been a older Polaroid that had those.
So anyway if someone's looking for a "super cheap" DVDR w/hdd, and you have a Micro Center near you, and you need more aggravation in your life, it might be something to consider.
BTW does Funia also make the Polaroids, or have they found someone even lower on the totem pole to make theirs? Maybe Daewoo or Yugo
Maybe both these DVDR's are old stock? I mean I don't know any other place in town selling Polaroid or Lite On anymore, at least not the big chains.
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page