Onkyo HT-S9100THX HTIB - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #361 of 1093 Old 02-01-2009, 07:04 AM
Newbie
 
jwoodiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern Indiana
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post

Vanns.com has them instock today! get them while there hot!

Got mine, there is only one left. Can't wait to hear the new system! Just sold my Onkyo HT-S760 and my Sony KV32HS510. Should be up to date with new Sony KDL-52XBR4, Sony BDP-S550 and the new Onkyo HT-S9100THX. Is anyone else running this setup? Glad to see other HT-o-files out there.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jwoodiel is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #362 of 1093 Old 02-01-2009, 02:22 PM
Member
 
missmedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I guess i got the last one on amazon from Vanns. I heard that were few people complaining the speakers cable. Is there any speakers cables, banana plugs, and stands you guys prefer? Do you guys prefer mounting the speakers or having stands instead?
missmedude is offline  
post #363 of 1093 Old 02-01-2009, 07:12 PM
Member
 
rickaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 198
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just ordered these speaker mounts for the side speakers in this package after reviewing many. What I liked most is they do not require any mounting screws into the speakers. Was surprised to see in the reviews that another owner of a Onkyo HT-S9100THX had already purchased a set and recommends them. I already have mine mounted but with two row seating I would like to angle them forward and tilt them downward. These mounts should work out fine.


http://www.jr.com/btech/pe/BTH_BT77/

Samsung HL67A750 RPTV, TWO 2013 Hoppers w/Sling, OTA Digital Dongle, My Book Essential
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, ONKYO HT-S9100 THX speakers & ONKYO TX-NR616 A/V receiver, ONKYO DV-BD606 Blu-Ray Disc Player, Harmony ONE Remote, GOOGLE TV, w 4 other TV's (LCD & LED).
rickaren is offline  
post #364 of 1093 Old 02-01-2009, 07:18 PM
Member
 
missmedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
what about the other two sets of speakers? Did you also you wall mount?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickaren View Post

I just ordered these speaker mounts for the side speakers in this package after reviewing many. What I liked most is they do not require any mounting screws into the speakers. Was surprised to see in the reviews that another owner of a Onkyo HT-S9100THX had already purchased a set and recommends them. I already have mine mounted but with two row seating I would like to angle them forward and tilt them downward. These mounts should work out fine.


http://www.jr.com/btech/pe/BTH_BT77/

missmedude is offline  
post #365 of 1093 Old 02-01-2009, 07:47 PM
Member
 
rickaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 198
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by missmedude View Post

what about the other two sets of speakers? Did you also you wall mount?

Yes the back two really don't need much adjustment they just face froward. I may move them up when I re-install the two side ones. Right now they just face inward just behind the second row seating and would think they should sound better in the front row if they were facing more of an angle as my previous ones did. Very please with the present sound and the computerized speaker set up. This new mounting and placement could only improve the present install. Have never really saw (and I have looked) the proper speaker placement for two row seating as I have built, but I would think the side speakers would still be placed behind or at the side of the second row even if not used on a daily basic.

Samsung HL67A750 RPTV, TWO 2013 Hoppers w/Sling, OTA Digital Dongle, My Book Essential
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, ONKYO HT-S9100 THX speakers & ONKYO TX-NR616 A/V receiver, ONKYO DV-BD606 Blu-Ray Disc Player, Harmony ONE Remote, GOOGLE TV, w 4 other TV's (LCD & LED).
rickaren is offline  
post #366 of 1093 Old 02-02-2009, 06:59 AM
Newbie
 
Freestyle 10461's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by energy_tone View Post

daishi013,
Thanks for the explanation. I did some additional searching on my own and found that you are absolutely correct. Thanks again.

friscochris and Feestyle,
Thanks for the replies. I mounted the surround and rear speakers into the drywall using the plastic drywall expansion sleeves that came with my Init speaker mounts. I removed the keyhole attachment on the back of the speakers and mounted the two-screw mount on the back in the general orientation as the original keyhole mount (vertically). This required me to carefully drill two new pilot holes being sure not to drill too deep and using screws that were about the same length as the ones in the keyhole mount. I felt more comfortable mounting the two-screw base that came with the Init mounts. It feels more sturdy to me than the keyhole attachment. The front speakers are hung on a the keyhole mount on a pan-head screw driven into a plastic drywall sleeve.

Drilling new holes into the back of the speaker's probably voids the warranty so do this at your own risk!


thnx for the info should be getting my system in by monday
Freestyle 10461 is offline  
post #367 of 1093 Old 02-02-2009, 11:59 PM
Member
 
missmedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am planning to get stands for the front speakers. What do you guys suggest? I am trying to decide between the Lovan Affiniti and the Sanus BF31. Do most of you use wall mounts for the 4 rear speakers?
missmedude is offline  
post #368 of 1093 Old 02-03-2009, 02:35 AM
Member
 
yamatosoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by missmedude View Post

I am planning to get stands for the front speakers. What do you guys suggest? I am trying to decide between the Lovan Affiniti and the Sanus BF31. Do most of you use wall mounts for the 4 rear speakers?

I'm using Lovan Affiniti for the fronts and highly recommend them. I did a lot of research on stands for this system, and the Affiniti's are the perfect fit for those massive front speakers. The top plate is almost exactly the size of the speaker's bottom end, and its height brings the speaker to perfect ear level. I do recommend, however, that you use industrial strength velcro to keep the speakers firmly planted on the stands.

As for the surrounds, if you can mount them on the walls that would be ideal because their size and weight (a little under 8lbs.) limits your selection of stands.
yamatosoul is offline  
post #369 of 1093 Old 02-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Senior Member
 
mightymouseusf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 262
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 29
This Buzz coming from the sub is KILLING ME!! No one else hears it unless I mention it...but once I do, it's all they can hear. I was able to localize the problem to my coax cable by turning the HTR to a different input (not the cable input) and put a Blu Ray on pause so I could clearly hear the buzz, then I disconnected the coax going into my cable box while still leaving it connected to the receiver via HDMI. Viola...buzz is gone! So I called the idiots at Cablevision to send a tech to fix the problem. They send a nice enough guy, unfortunately he was a rookie. He's making suggestions that don't make sense. When I mentioned that I suspected the problem to be a ground loop issue, he asked me what I meant by that. He's calling up his supervisor describing the sound as "sizzling coming from the big speaker in the back" and while troubleshooting he tells his supervisor "boss, its still sounding". Needless to say he wasn't very much help so after he leaves, I call Cablevision and ask them to send someone else. 2hrs later I get a call from THE SAME GUY
mightymouseusf is online now  
post #370 of 1093 Old 02-03-2009, 09:07 AM
Newbie
 
asco1125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamatosoul View Post

I'm using Lovan Affiniti for the fronts and highly recommend them. I did a lot of research on stands for this system, and the Affiniti's are the perfect fit for those massive front speakers. The top plate is almost exactly the size of the speaker's bottom end, and its height brings the speaker to perfect ear level. I do recommend, however, that you use industrial strength velcro to keep the speakers firmly planted on the stands.

As for the surrounds, if you can mount them on the walls that would be ideal because their size and weight (a little under 8lbs.) limits your selection of stands.


yamatosoul, did u get the 24" one or the 29" one???
asco1125 is offline  
post #371 of 1093 Old 02-03-2009, 09:09 AM
Senior Member
 
mightymouseusf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 262
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 29
....sorry about that I must have hit send while typing:

THE SAME GUY asking me if I needed him to come back. Of course I didn't. Then they send me another guy yesterday who seemed to be dead set on convincing me that its not the cable line that's faulty, its the head unit. He pretty much refused to try running another cable line to see if that would work. He even had the audacity to suggest that I disconnect the cable every time I watch a movie. He basically connected the cable box to the tv and said since I don't hear buzz that way that it wasn't Cablevision's problem.

The point of this exhaustive story is to ask if anyone out there has any suggestions on what I can do to end this buzzing noise, now that I know that Cablevision won't help? I can't believe that I'm going to just have to accept that buzz as part of my surround experience.
mightymouseusf is online now  
post #372 of 1093 Old 02-03-2009, 09:48 AM
Member
 
yamatosoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymouseusf View Post

....sorry about that I must have hit send while typing:

THE SAME GUY asking me if I needed him to come back. Of course I didn't. Then they send me another guy yesterday who seemed to be dead set on convincing me that its not the cable line that's faulty, its the head unit. He pretty much refused to try running another cable line to see if that would work. He even had the audacity to suggest that I disconnect the cable every time I watch a movie. He basically connected the cable box to the tv and said since I don't hear buzz that way that it wasn't Cablevision's problem.

The point of this exhaustive story is to ask if anyone out there has any suggestions on what I can do to end this buzzing noise, now that I know that Cablevision won't help? I can't believe that I'm going to just have to accept that buzz as part of my surround experience.

There was some discussion about this earlier on in this thread. They mentioned "grounding problems", and I believe there were some suggestions on how to correct this. You may want to check it out.
yamatosoul is offline  
post #373 of 1093 Old 02-03-2009, 09:52 AM
Member
 
yamatosoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by asco1125 View Post

yamatosoul, did u get the 24" one or the 29" one???

asco1125, I got the 29", and unless you're unusually tall or unusually short, that should bring the tweeters on the front speakers to within a few inches of your ear level - that's what you would want.
yamatosoul is offline  
post #374 of 1093 Old 02-03-2009, 11:50 AM
Member
 
TurboTurba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Lebanon
Posts: 72
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymouseusf View Post

....sorry about that I must have hit send while typing:

THE SAME GUY asking me if I needed him to come back. Of course I didn't. Then they send me another guy yesterday who seemed to be dead set on convincing me that its not the cable line that's faulty, its the head unit. He pretty much refused to try running another cable line to see if that would work. He even had the audacity to suggest that I disconnect the cable every time I watch a movie. He basically connected the cable box to the tv and said since I don't hear buzz that way that it wasn't Cablevision's problem.

The point of this exhaustive story is to ask if anyone out there has any suggestions on what I can do to end this buzzing noise, now that I know that Cablevision won't help? I can't believe that I'm going to just have to accept that buzz as part of my surround experience.

Hey mightymouseusf, didn't you post this question a couple weeks back? I guess I have the wrong guy but like yamatosoul said this has been mentioned before. The 2 solutions that have been presented concern the power to the sub and the cable.

1. If it's the power make sure the outlet is grounded properly. Easy to test with some cheap devices from Lowes/Home Depot. Also some posters, Mr. Fuzz for example, opted for a power conditioner. Personally, I don't have the money/room for it but you may want to consider it.

2. The cable that comes with the system may not be the best as some posters have also had trouble getting the sub to go into standby mode. In post 291 you'll see 6.6diesel recommend a couple "premium" ones from Monoprice.

I'd start by swapping out the cable anyways since it's like 5 or so bucks shipped. Then if the problem persists you may want to investigate the outlet you're using. An electrician could easily ground it for you in a matter of seconds.

Good luck and let us know how you solve it.

P.S. I hate it when you call an "expert" to your house and you know more than he does... companies like that should go out of business. And no, you shouldn't accept this as part of your listening experience for the next 5 - 10 years... no one who dishes out a grand should
TurboTurba is offline  
post #375 of 1093 Old 02-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Senior Member
 
mightymouseusf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 262
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTurba View Post

Hey mightymouseusf, didn't you post this question a couple weeks back? I guess I have the wrong guy but like yamatosoul said this has been mentioned before. The 2 solutions that have been presented concern the power to the sub and the cable.

1. If it's the power make sure the outlet is grounded properly. Easy to test with some cheap devices from Lowes/Home Depot. Also some posters, Mr. Fuzz for example, opted for a power conditioner. Personally, I don't have the money/room for it but you may want to consider it.

2. The cable that comes with the system may not be the best as some posters have also had trouble getting the sub to go into standby mode. In post 291 you'll see 6.6diesel recommend a couple "premium" ones from Monoprice.

I'd start by swapping out the cable anyways since it's like 5 or so bucks shipped. Then if the problem persists you may want to investigate the outlet you're using. An electrician could easily ground it for you in a matter of seconds.

Good luck and let us know how you solve it.

P.S. I hate it when you call an "expert" to your house and you know more than he does... companies like that should go out of business. And no, you shouldn't accept this as part of your listening experience for the next 5 - 10 years... no one who dishes out a grand should


Thanks for all the info guys. I really appreciate it. I did post this question before and tried all of the possible solution you guys gave me. I replaced the sub wire (all of the wires actually) and tried a power strip with a line conditioner to no avail. I'm pretty sure the problem lies in the coax and not with power input...the only reason I say this is because I can get rid of the hum if I just disconnect the coax cable from my cable box. I was considering getting cable signal booster but it occurred to me that this might actually boost the buzz as well. I guess it's possible that one of the staples the tech used to run the wire initially might have punctured the line somewhere. Unfortunately my only recourse will have to be running a brand new Coax line from my cable drop in my back yard all the way to my living room. (There is 3 or 4 hours of my life and $100 or so in coax cable I'll never get back). I'll probably give it a shot on Saturday and I'll be sure to let you know if it works. I don't know what's left to do if it doesn't. If anybody else has any other suggestions between now and then, please...I'm all ears.
mightymouseusf is online now  
post #376 of 1093 Old 02-03-2009, 03:18 PM
Newbie
 
asco1125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamatosoul View Post

asco1125, I got the 29", and unless you're unusually tall or unusually short, that should bring the tweeters on the front speakers to within a few inches of your ear level - that's what you would want.

yamatosoul, thank you for ur advise. i have been look at bello sp-300 for weeks now, but no stores have it in stock.

i think this is a well designed stand for the front speakers. it has a 7x7 base. I have my onkyo ht-s9100thx for 2 weeks now, but have not found any good looking stand yet >_< now the front speakers just sitting on the chair >_<. im gonna wait 1 more week, if bello sp300 is still unavailable, im just gonna go head and buy the 29" stand that u suggested. thank you again
asco1125 is offline  
post #377 of 1093 Old 02-03-2009, 03:58 PM
Member
 
yamatosoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by asco1125 View Post

yamatosoul, thank you for ur advise. i have been look at bello sp-300 for weeks now, but no stores have it in stock.

i think this is a well designed stand for the front speakers. it has a 7x7 base. I have my onkyo ht-s9100thx for 2 weeks now, but have not found any good looking stand yet >_< now the front speakers just sitting on the chair >_<. im gonna wait 1 more week, if bello sp300 is still unavailable, im just gonna go head and buy the 29" stand that u suggested. thank you again

asco1125, that's a really nice looking stand. Actually, the bello was one of the ones I was looking at. The 7x7 base is a perfect fit (a little bigger than the Affiniti's), and at 30", the tweeters should be at around ear level. BTW, you can order the SP300's through Amazon (Affiniti's too). They indicate it will ship out in 2-4 weeks with free shipping. Here's the link:
http://www.amazon.com/BellO-SP-300-F...3705103&sr=8-1
yamatosoul is offline  
post #378 of 1093 Old 02-03-2009, 05:12 PM
Member
 
TurboTurba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Lebanon
Posts: 72
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Guys, I've tried a couple times to post a pic in a reply (not just as an attachment) without success. Can someone show me the light? If I add it as an attachment, it works but you have to click on the .png file. If I click on the paperclip while posting a reply it'll add it anywhere in the text but you still have to click on it. Clicking on the "Insert Image" icon asks for an http address. Others can post full images for viewing in the thread...

What gives?
TurboTurba is offline  
post #379 of 1093 Old 02-03-2009, 05:14 PM
Newbie
 
natreeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So, last Friday I checked all retail outlets listed on Onkyo dot com, everybody's out. Called Vann's, they said they had hundreds on the list and might get 100 units at the end of Jan. Went to Independent AV, and put one on order becuase the wait list was "dozens" and cost was $50 less.

Checked Vann's an hour ago and they had ONE in stock

Needless to say, Vann's is now showing out, and I've canceled my Independent AV order.

Can't wait to set this up! I picked up the Sammy 2550 last week (love it) and have a Mitsu 60735 (Love it). I'll move my current Onkyo HT 540 7.1 system (no HDMI) downstairs to the game room. My speaker wires, bannana plugs, sub cable, and mounts will be here by Thursday.

Thanks to everybody for the info they've posted, this place rocks!
natreeder is offline  
post #380 of 1093 Old 02-03-2009, 05:17 PM
kak
Member
 
kak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by natreeder View Post

So, last Friday I checked all retail outlets listed on Onkyo dot com, everybody's out. Called Vann's, they said they had hundreds on the list and might get 100 units at the end of Jan. Went to Independent AV, and put one on order becuase the wait list was "dozens" and cost was $50 less.

Checked Vann's an hour ago and they had ONE in stock

Needless to say, Vann's is now showing out, and I've canceled my Independent AV order.

Can't wait to set this up! I picked up the Sammy 2550 last week (love it) and have a Mitsu 60735 (Love it). I'll move my current Onkyo HT 540 7.1 system (no HDMI) downstairs to the game room. My speaker wires, bannana plugs, sub cable, and mounts will be here by Thursday.

Thanks to everybody for the info they've posted, this place rocks!

What plugs did you order? I need one good recommendation on those and I'm done with peripherals. Waiting for my tax rebate to come in and I've got the system.
kak is offline  
post #381 of 1093 Old 02-03-2009, 05:20 PM
Newbie
 
natreeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Search for bannana plugs at monoprice, or check around page 5-6 of this thread for a quick link (http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2). My bonus room's wired, so between the wall plates and the 7.1 system I needed 23 pairs....best price there. The speaker mounts are from J&L, also linked in this thread further back.
natreeder is offline  
post #382 of 1093 Old 02-03-2009, 05:46 PM
kak
Member
 
kak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by natreeder View Post

Search for bannana plugs at monoprice, or check around page 5-6 of this thread for a quick link (http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2). My bonus room's wired, so between the wall plates and the 7.1 system I needed 23 pairs....best price there. The speaker mounts are from J&L, also linked in this thread further back.

Was the only thing I was missing. Just bit the bullet on Amazon. J&R Music has them in stock for $799 w/shipping. A little pricey, but still cheaper than alternatives at this point (came in under $915 shipped). Now all I need to do is order the accessories. My roommates are about to hate me.
kak is offline  
post #383 of 1093 Old 02-04-2009, 09:36 PM
Newbie
 
m4vrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,
I just received this system and it sounds really great.
I have a question though, I have a PS3 and my Scientific Atlanta DVR(Cable Vision) both plugged into the receiver using HDMI cables, and then i have a cable from receiver to TV. However im noticing that if i turn on the tv, the receiver then cable box, on the TV it says "No Signal". When i turn on PS3, ps3 title comes up, also if i unplug the ps3, the cable box comes up. So it looks like i can't turn on my cable box when another component is connected. What am i doing wrong? Also is there a firmware upgrade for this unit?

thank you
m4vrick is offline  
post #384 of 1093 Old 02-05-2009, 02:21 PM
Newbie
 
jwoodiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern Indiana
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Mine will be here tomorrow! I am so excited to see the improvement over the Onkyo I had.

More later.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jwoodiel is offline  
post #385 of 1093 Old 02-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Member
 
missmedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got my htib today. it was perfect. I was just wondering is the power center or the power surge thing really help with anything? Monster Power center?
missmedude is offline  
post #386 of 1093 Old 02-05-2009, 10:17 PM
Member
 
yamatosoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by missmedude View Post

I got my htib today. it was perfect. I was just wondering is the power center or the power surge thing really help with anything? Monster Power center?

A surge protector will protect your equipment from power surges, and you won't know you had until there's a thunderstorm or something that triggers a huge surge. If you live in a newer home, power surges are not as much of an issue, but in older homes it is a must. That said, I live in a new home, but I still have surge protectors for all my electronics. Mine is rated at 6000 joules. A line conditioner (i.e. Monster Power Center) will not only protect from surges, but it will clean up the power being sent to your equipment. A good line conditioner will noticeably improve both picture and sound. BTW, generally speaking Monster products are way over priced. You'll get much more for less if you do some research.
yamatosoul is offline  
post #387 of 1093 Old 02-06-2009, 08:42 PM
Member
 
rickaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 198
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by missmedude View Post

I got my htib today. it was perfect. I was just wondering is the power center or the power surge thing really help with anything? Monster Power center?

You might want to check out if your Electric Company offers a "Whole House" surge protector. Have had them installed on last two new homes and it go behind the electric meter and cost about $200 installed here with no interest, monthly payments added on bill, and guarantees everything in your home. Did have one claim and they paid $180.00. Worth every penny.

Samsung HL67A750 RPTV, TWO 2013 Hoppers w/Sling, OTA Digital Dongle, My Book Essential
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, ONKYO HT-S9100 THX speakers & ONKYO TX-NR616 A/V receiver, ONKYO DV-BD606 Blu-Ray Disc Player, Harmony ONE Remote, GOOGLE TV, w 4 other TV's (LCD & LED).
rickaren is offline  
post #388 of 1093 Old 02-07-2009, 12:13 AM
Member
 
missmedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickaren View Post

You might want to check out if your Electric Company offers a "Whole House" surge protector. Have had them installed on last two new homes and it go behind the electric meter and cost about $200 installed here with no interest, monthly payments added on bill, and guarantees everything in your home. Did have one claim and they paid $180.00. Worth every penny.

Too late lol I already bought the one from Monster Hts 1000 or something. Do you guys know how to play with the listening modes on the receiver? I tired to play hellboy since it offers 7.1 but sometimes I just hear the background. There are so many modes to offer. I read the manual 4 pages and I don't really get it.
missmedude is offline  
post #389 of 1093 Old 02-07-2009, 07:22 AM
Newbie
 
jwoodiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern Indiana
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
After several hours of work, here is the new system.

Sound is, well, wow!

Very pleased overall. Need to decide whether I like speakers on TV stand and I need to do a little more "wire maintenance".



52 inches of Sony XBR4...

Speakers are much prettier than the online pictures suggested.





And the receiver itself is very nice indeed.



Now I can spend some quality time watching some movies this weekend.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jwoodiel is offline  
post #390 of 1093 Old 02-07-2009, 09:45 AM
Member
 
friscochris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by missmedude View Post

Too late lol I already bought the one from Monster Hts 1000 or something. Do you guys know how to play with the listening modes on the receiver? I tired to play hellboy since it offers 7.1 but sometimes I just hear the background. There are so many modes to offer. I read the manual 4 pages and I don't really get it.

Take it back and go to audioholics.com and pick the APC stuff thats on sale. You can get the H15 for $150 shipped.. it has line conditioner, voltage regulator, surge protection, and a cable splitter (if your tv has a QAM tuner you will love this feature). they also have some of the lower end models for sale.

I was going to list my equipment, but it told me not to. So instead I will just say it's a bad mother with some kick and nice visual.
friscochris is offline  
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off