Onkyo HT-S9100THX HTIB - Page 16 - AVS Forum
First ... 14  15  16 17  18  ... Last
Home Theater In A Box > Onkyo HT-S9100THX HTIB
fail's Avatar fail 08:17 AM 03-19-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamatosoul View Post

asco1125, that's a really nice looking stand. Actually, the bello was one of the ones I was looking at. The 7x7 base is a perfect fit (a little bigger than the Affiniti's), and at 30", the tweeters should be at around ear level. BTW, you can order the SP300's through Amazon (Affiniti's too). They indicate it will ship out in 2-4 weeks with free shipping. Here's the link:

Could I get those for front and rear? I read that you said it would be ideal to mount, but I live in a loft APT and the rear wall is a 200 year old a brick wall.

I dont want to have to mount something on that it would be a pain in the ass to say the least. So I could just get two stands right?

I ordered the system from amazon and havent got it yet, im just trying to get get other items ordered in the meantime.

Thanks for any help

yamatosoul's Avatar yamatosoul 11:43 AM 03-19-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by fail View Post

Could I get those for front and rear? I read that you said it would be ideal to mount, but I live in a loft APT and the rear wall is a 200 year old a brick wall.

I dont want to have to mount something on that it would be a pain in the ass to say the least. So I could just get two stands right?

I ordered the system from amazon and havent got it yet, im just trying to get get other items ordered in the meantime.

Thanks for any help

Both the Bello and Affiniti are strictly for front speakers. The surrounds need to be placed 2-3 feet above ear level and the stands have to be very sturdy to hold the 8 lbs. surround speakers at that height. I use stands for the surrounds as well, and the best ones I found for these particular speakers are these:

http://www.amazon.com/Sanus-EF-SATB-...7483912&sr=8-5

These are one of the few surround speaker stands that I've found that support up to 10 lbs. each (don't get cheapies because these massive surrounds will tip over). They should work well for you.
pantherheel's Avatar pantherheel 03:14 PM 03-20-2009
Just recieved my S9100!!! This thing is a monster! I haven't received my 12 gauge wire, banana plugs, etc... yet but I couldn't wait. Had to hook it up. SOUNDS AWESOME!!! Even with the dental floss wires they send with it.
For those that are looking for this system but are struggling to find it in stock check out Universalmania.com AWESOME!!! I picked it up for $850 brand new. $25 for shipping and $8 for insurance for a grand total of $883.00! I got the thing in three days! They where an excellent company to buy from. I was able to track the shippment from there website the whole way. Great transaction.
mp smoov's Avatar mp smoov 06:17 PM 03-20-2009
I have a question about the general power of the system. Is this system powerful enough to "fill" my room? Im a ultimate newbie when it comes to home audio, but im also a newbie that is building his home theater in the basement. My media room is going to be somewhat large. Its odd shaped (sort of like a movie theater with the walls angling out away from the TV), somewhat coned shaped. At the base of the "cone" is the widest section where the total width is 23ft and the length of the room is 24ft. anyway its a big room and im wondering if anyone who owns the system has it set up in a medium to large sized room. Im not an audophile and I don't think i have that discerning of ears, but i do want sound that surrounds me and i want to turn it up enough i can feel it if i so desire. any thoughts?
dragilla's Avatar dragilla 01:44 PM 03-22-2009
Hello there,

I'm going to buy this wonderful set. Before I do so though I need to prepare the room for it. I'm looking for a picture of the back side of the front and rear speakers. I looked for it everywhere on the web but just couldn't find it. I need to see what kind of mount possibilities I have, because my future "cinema room" is not really easy to arrange. I someone could provide me with such pictures I would be really grateful and promise to post photos o my home cinema once I'm done

regards,
--
Luke
ickysmits's Avatar ickysmits 02:05 PM 03-22-2009
The pictures are in this thread, just click the paperclip icon to the right if you want to see more. Here's the back:

dragilla's Avatar dragilla 02:37 PM 03-22-2009
Thanx for the photos,

What paperclip icon do you mean? Can't see one.
Does the surround speaker's back look more less the same as front's?

regards,
--
Luke
ickysmits's Avatar ickysmits 03:15 PM 03-22-2009
When you go to the main "Home Theater In A Box" page and see the "Onkyo HT-S9100THX HTIB" thread - to the right of that link is a paperclip icon. Click that and you'll get a pop-up of all the attachments in the thread.

I don't have these but you can assume they're all that same on the back.
mugupo's Avatar mugupo 12:36 PM 03-23-2009
i saw this new speaker on sales for like 670 total price, planning to get one, i wonder if a sedan car can fit this?
etardedjoey's Avatar etardedjoey 01:39 PM 03-23-2009
Only if you take everything out of the box and fit it individually.
mugupo's Avatar mugupo 02:52 PM 03-23-2009
nvm, they are deliver by appointment, i wonder what item do i need now for the speaker? i know i need a new wire, banana plug, what are you suggestion and where to buy there? I not planning to do wall mount just lay in the floor but i need some soft of protection for those wire like a cover? should i get Onkyo Speaker Stand AS240B
far182's Avatar far182 03:38 PM 03-24-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrloon View Post

It's all about personal preference. Personally I like as little electronic reprocessing as possible so all of my inputs are set to DIRECT.

I bought is system as my 2nd system for my house (different room). My other system is also an Onkyo TX-SR805 with high-end Energy speakers in a 7.1 setup.

I setup the HT-S9100THX and discovered an interesting issue. I am testing with THX Optimizer (as seen on movies like Star Wars and the Avia tuning CD). One of the things it does, it will put white noise into each speaker (one at a time) so you can make sure you wired up everything correctly (basically so that left is left, and right is right, center is center, etc).

The problem I have is when it goes to test the Surround R/L and the Surround Back R/L, it puts the sound in the front and center speakers (instead of the correct speakers). I tested to ensure they were all wired correctly using the Onkyo setup menu. I figured problem was with a sound setting issue, but I have tried every setting including Direct and it won't pass the THX Optimizer tests (makes white noise in the wrong speakers when it goes to test the surrounds).

I am using a PS3 for my BlueRay player just like my other theater setup. I can run these exact same tests on my other system and everything works as it should.

No doubt, when I set to Cinema-THX is sounds good in movies such as Star Wars (I was surprised how nice this system is for the money), but can immediately tell that the surround sound is not accurate to the movie (because it feels emulated, which I believe these tests prove to be true).

I have tried setting the PS3 from Bitstream to PCM and it doesn't make any difference. I have everything connected with HDMI.

Help.

Thank You!
far182's Avatar far182 06:29 PM 03-24-2009
Well, I solved my own problem. I had a weird thing happen.

It down correctly displays PCM Multi-channel on the front of the reciever. Before when I tried to force it to multi-channel there would be no sound.

I fixed it by putting in a TrueHD BlueRay CD in the PS3. I watched a couple of minutes of it. THEN, I went back into the PS3 and told it to re-"automatically setup" the audio.

Now when I watch DVD's or BlueRay's they all say "Multich". When I run the THX tests they all pass.
JMG_TX's Avatar JMG_TX 01:16 AM 03-25-2009
Back in stock @ Newegg. Get them while they have them.

Mine is ordered. Been lurking for over a month!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16882120124
mugupo's Avatar mugupo 10:20 AM 03-25-2009
For those in the Military, AAFES has the the speaker for 799 but there's a 15% off coupon so ended like 670 FREE SHIPPING !

What speaker stand work with the 9100thx?for surround and front? Can a 5.1 sound be convert to 5.1 in this sound system? Which sorround speakr is the last 2 (7.1)
kostaG's Avatar kostaG 10:25 AM 03-25-2009
Hello everyone^^
I have the HT-S9100THX pack and a PS3 v 2.60 for Blu-Ray player.
I wanna ask this.
How can be sure that I hear the DTS Master Audio and DD True HD?
Exists some clue (indicator) in the A/V Receiver (HT-R960) for DTS MA or DD True HD?
It can collaborate PS3 with the A/V Receiver (HT-R960) or it should I buy other Blu-Ray player like SONY BDP-S550 in order to i have all operations and possibilities that it supports the receiver?
Thanks.
oligeo's Avatar oligeo 10:29 AM 03-25-2009
Hello all,

Does someone know is the Onkyo Speaker Stand AS240B is compatible with the 9100 speakers?
mugupo's Avatar mugupo 10:39 AM 03-25-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by oligeo View Post

Hello all,

Does someone know is the Onkyo Speaker Stand AS240B is compatible with the 9100 speakers?

I wanna that too, i think i saw early forum said that stand work only like the surround one not the 2 big front speaker. Anyway probably be safe to order from vendor with easy return policy.
yamatosoul's Avatar yamatosoul 02:10 PM 03-25-2009
Quote:

Hello all,

Onkyo does not make stands for the 9100THX. However, AS240B's can be used for surrounds with a small modification.
oligeo's Avatar oligeo 04:18 PM 03-25-2009
Thanks Yamatosoul, could you be more specific. What small modification do you mean?
mightymouseusf's Avatar mightymouseusf 05:17 PM 03-25-2009
I was on the boards looking at the string for my television and I saw a poster mentioning how difficult it was to update the firmware on his Onkyo 805 AVR. Does anyone one if there is any reason to even think about trying to update the firmware on our receiver? Has anyone been able to find out the actual part number of our receiver?
yamatosoul's Avatar yamatosoul 11:36 AM 03-26-2009
Quote:

Thanks Yamatosoul, could you be more specific. What small modification do you mean?

If you really insist on using the AS240B, check out Mr. Fuzz's post on the following page:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1057095&page=8

But first, let me tell you that I actually work for Onkyo U.S.A., and we do not recommend any of our current stands for the 9100THX. As you may have read in this thread, all the speakers are very heavy and bulky (Fronts 11 lbs, Surrounds 8 lbs.) and you need heavy duty stands to support them. I recommend that you look for stands that meet the weight specs of the speakers all around. Also, for the fronts, you should get stands with a top plate that is 6" or larger.
afrogt's Avatar afrogt 12:39 PM 03-26-2009
Something like this will easily hold the 9100thx speakers. Those speaker really aren't any larger or heavier than a standard bookshelf speaker. They're heavy for HTIB system speakers but nothing out of the ordinary.

http://www.sanus.com/us/en/products/.../sp-basic/BF24

6.5" x 6.5" top plate
oligeo's Avatar oligeo 01:36 PM 03-26-2009
Thank you guys for these valuable informations. Now, just need to find a pair of these.
afrogt's Avatar afrogt 01:43 PM 03-26-2009
Those stands are easy to find. You wont have to search too hard. Start with Amazon.
GusGus748s's Avatar GusGus748s 09:31 PM 03-26-2009
Newegg and Vann has them in stock now, but their prices went up to $999.00. I've been doing a lot of research and reading on this forum, and I ended up decising to get this system, but I didn't want to spent $999.00 on it.

I am lucky to have a brother-in-law who is in the Army, and he was able to get a discount for this system. I ended up paying $679.15 with shipping included. I just can't wait to get it and install it.
na_tra's Avatar na_tra 12:19 AM 03-27-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus748s View Post

Newegg and Vann has them in stock now, but their prices went up to $999.00. I've been doing a lot of research and reading on this forum, and I ended up decising to get this system, but I didn't want to spent $999.00 on it.

I am lucky to have a brother-in-law who is in the Army, and he was able to get a discount for this system. I ended up paying $679.15 with shipping included. I just can't wait to get it and install it.

where did you buy it from? my friend in the Marine but he needs to know where to buy.

thanks
GusGus748s's Avatar GusGus748s 12:26 AM 03-27-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by na_tra View Post

where did you buy it from? my friend in the Marine but he needs to know where to buy.

thanks

That's the site my broinlaw bought it from! He will need to registered and then he'll be taking to the site where you can buy it from.

https: //thor.milexch.com/ics/default. asp

There's no spaces spaces on the link. I had to space it out since it won't let me post links yet.
GusGus748s's Avatar GusGus748s 12:28 AM 03-27-2009
Oh yeah. You'll have to hurry up and buy it since they only have 3 more in stock.
mugupo's Avatar mugupo 01:30 AM 03-27-2009
I had Onkyo HT-S9100THX, I wonder which of the 2 location should i use to put the speakers. And what type of setup.

First ... 14  15  16 17  18  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop