post #1081 of 1093 Old 06-17-2012, 06:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post

How do I setup the extra A/B (A+B) speakers to work with the 7.1 surround sound? I wire them in, but no sound comes out of them. Any help?

Hi Colton, only analog input sources are output by Speaker B. You will need analog (white & red) audio cables from each source for Speaker B output.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1082 of 1093 Old 06-20-2012, 06:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 594
This is what I did to fix my Onky AVR when the HDMI board stopped working. It works perfect now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj0x5S9ez5U

Media Server: UnRaid Server: 15TB of storage and growing :).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Home Theater Set Up:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #1083 of 1093 Old 06-26-2012, 05:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Well, my son ended up dropping and putting holes in to my center channel speaker first. Now, the front speaker have holes since he likes poking the center dome of the speakers. So, now I am looking in to replacing the front speakers. I replace the center channel in 2010 with a Klipsch Synergy C-1. I didn't have the money to replace all three front speakers to match. So, now I am looking in to replacing the two front speakers, but I can't really seem to find something that would match the C-1. I don't want to spend too much money on this since I am thinking of replacing my set up at the end of the year.

So any inexpensive and decent front speakers recommendations would be appreciated.

Home Theater Set Up:

post #1084 of 1093 Old 06-27-2012, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 105
^^^ These are the new Synergy bookshelf speakers. They should match your center just fine. http://www.klipsch.com/b-20-bookshelf-speakers-pair

Shawn
post #1085 of 1093 Old 06-27-2012, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickhtguru View Post

^^^ These are the new Synergy bookshelf speakers. They should match your center just fine. http://www.klipsch.com/b-20-bookshelf-speakers-pair

Yeah, I've been looking at those. I'm trying to convince my wife to let me spend a little more and get tower speakers rather than having the front bookshelf speakers on stands. I've seen some polkaudio tower front speakers for sale about $95 dollars for one. However, I don't have much experience with Polk Audio, but the reviews are positive here's the link:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882290204

Anyone have any experience with those tower speakers?

Home Theater Set Up:

post #1086 of 1093 Old 06-30-2012, 11:40 PM
AVS Special Member

It appears my AVR cannot play HD sound anymore. I used to be able to have my Dune D1 set to raw but I get no sound. Ive got to set it to PCM. Anyone else having this issue? I went under the set up screen but didnt notice anything out of the ordinary.

I might be able to convince the wife to buy a different AVR rather than the speakers. May ne something with Airplay and ethernet connon. It looks like Pioneer has the best price for what you get, but ive never had any experience with Pioneer AVRs. Any suggestions?

Home Theater Set Up:

post #1087 of 1093 Old 07-03-2012, 01:35 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
Can the Onkyo HT-S9100THX handle two subwoofers? I would like to purchase two quality subwoofers to put on each end, but wasn't sure if it would work. Any recommendations?
post #1088 of 1093 Old 07-03-2012, 05:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Can the Onkyo HT-S9100THX handle two subwoofers? I would like to purchase two quality subwoofers to put on each end, but wasn't sure if it would work. Any recommendations?

No, it cannot take dual subs. You will need a 7.2 capable AVR for that.

Home Theater Set Up:

post #1089 of 1093 Old 07-03-2012, 06:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:

Sure you can do it. Get a Y connector (like this one) to split to each power subwoofer.
NateFg2 likes this.
post #1090 of 1093 Old 03-13-2013, 07:05 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
After 4 years, my HT-S9100THX just blew up. Turned it on and it flares up from the left rear side of the receiver. The smell of burnt electronics soon followed. Pulled the receiver from my open cabinet and inspected the inside ... motherboard fried next to the large heatsink in the back that is connected to several screws. Not sure what caused it. It had plenty of space on all sides in a open cabinet shelf. Room was nice and cool too. It's complete junk now. I'll never buy Onkyo brand again.
post #1091 of 1093 Old 03-14-2013, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 105
^^^ Really one problem with Onkyo and you won't buy another one.... I have a refurbished reciever from Onkyo that I bought like 6 years ago and still works like a champ. I also have an Onkyo 808 receiver that I bought refurbished like 2 years ago and that one works great as well.

To each is own. I am Onkyo biased but that's me. And if I were to switch brands it would be to Denon.

Shawn
post #1092 of 1093 Old 12-22-2013, 10:11 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickaren View Post

Sorry for any confusion, but I asked a nearby authorized Onkyo Repair Shop (e-mail) on this know issue, for an estimate of repair. They said to contact Onkyo first, even tho the receiver was Out-Of-Factory Warranty. I called Onkyo and FAXed them all receipts they required with the repair shops e-mail and in a few days the repair shop called and said they had received authorization from Onkyo to repair my unit and to bring it in. I listed their name in my post and you can contact them (e-mail/phone) if you have additional questions. This is a well documented repair for Onkyo Authorized repair shops, but maybe not for other shops. Just like car Dealerships some are just useless. Call A+ Electronics Service Center in Carmel IN 46032 and ask for Dennis. They know what they are doing and have a great working relationship with Onkyo. Sure you might have to pay for shipping, but much cheaper than buying a new A/V reviver as I was considering.

Good Luck!

Well Onkyo's "Fix" back in 08/2011 finally gave up and I wonder if they had just replaced the defective parts if their A/V receiver would have still been working correctly today? Same exact issues as before, but as I posted previously it was bought new way back in 2009! Time to replace and update so I ordered their newer Onkyo TX-NR616 receiver from Amazon. Factory Warranty is two years and I added an additional 1 year just in case, since this receiver has had issues in the past. This is my 4th Onkyo A/V receiver over the years and even with some issues I still remain a repeat customer. This latest receiver I hooked to the Internet and when I checked, I was surprised to see I have the latest software installed since there had been some issues and offered updates using the Internet, in the past. Guess I have a current production receiver. Since this receiver is a different size being higher, I had to modify my cabinetry, but very pleased so far, and recommend checking this out as a replacement for your original receiver when a replacement is needed, as in my case.

Samsung HL67A750 RPTV, TWO 2013 Hoppers w/Sling, OTA Digital Dongle, My Book Essential
, ONKYO HT-S9100 THX speakers & ONKYO TX-NR616 A/V receiver, ONKYO DV-BD606 Blu-Ray Disc Player, Harmony ONE Remote, GOOGLE TV, w 4 other TV's (LCD & LED).
post #1093 of 1093 Old 12-22-2013, 11:01 AM

Liked: 10
Mine is starting to have the hdmi issues. It takes about 10-15min to finally pass the signal. I might try the cap replacement linked up above. Anybody else try it?
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page