Onkyo HT-SP908 - Zone 2 Question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-24-2008, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all!

This is my first post, I appreciate our help!

I'm in the process of buying a HTiB and I have decided to go with the Onkyo HT-SP908. The reason i chose this over others like the 6100 and 7100 is because of the analog and component upconversion capabilities.

The thing is that I want to be able to use the Zone 2 speakers for another room, so my question is if I can have two simultaneous audio outputs in my two rooms.

Here's an example to make myself clear: Suppose I'm having a birthday in my house and I want the kids to be in the TV watching a film with the surround while outside we are listening to music from a CD-Player simultaneously.

I'm aware that if I do this, the audio in the TV room would be reduced to 5.1 while using the Zone 2 channels, and that this Zone 2 is only for analog inputs. But I haven't found any precise information about having these two different outputs at the same time.

If this is not possible, is there any system that has this feature and is within the price range?

Thanks a lot for your time, and I'm sure I would be able to find the answer here!

EDIT: Also, this is my first Home Theater!, any suggestion?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-24-2008, 05:16 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I'm also interested to know the answer to this, so I'm just going to add a comment to bump the question up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 Old 11-25-2008, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter

Actually this question could be asked about any recent Onkyo with a Zone 2... So anyone with an Onkyo newer model (6100, 7100)... how does Zone 2 work for you??
post #4 of 4 Old 11-26-2008, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

Actually, for anyone interested, I´ve already got the answer from another thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

Yes, that's essentially what zone 2 is for. You can listen to two different sources in two different locations at the same time.

from: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1057095&page=5

Thanks!
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page