htib suggestions for a bedroom? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 02-04-2009, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hi i have 150$ gift credit for amazon,and although ive seen various htib's on sale for cheaper for nearly as much as my credit is worth on other sites,im still looking to get something regardless of the site.

having said that this is for a bedroom of reasonable size the devices i want to hook up are your typical culprits, xbox 360,hd-dvd player, wdtv media center device all three of which are hdmi based. and then a few other component video and hdmi sources of less priority. im really not looking to go nuts and spend more then say 3-400tops. and it seemed to me that an htib would be a more reasonable solution then trying to peace meal a system together. any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-04-2009, 09:44 PM

I have a Onkyo HT-3100 HTIB and its amazing so far !

I have my Xbox 360 , Ps3 , and Computer all running threw it.

All using Digital cables other than my computer.

Movies are really fun to watch now with the surround sound and it really gets you into the game while playing Xbox 360.

Im only 16 and still live with my parrents so I obviously cant have some 300watt sub in my room that shakes the house but the sub that came with the system is still crazy loud and a huge step up from my 2.1 System. If you want maybe a bit more power go for the HT-4100 which offers an Ipod doc and a powered sub. If you really want all the HDMI audio etc then your gunna have to spend over 400$ for the reciever to have HDMI inputs/outputs unless you buy used / refurbed.

But if your looking to go HTIB check out what Onkyo has to offer so far im very impressed by system I would recomend it for a bedroom anyday !
post #3 of 7 Old 02-05-2009, 12:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Use your gift credit on a receiver: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...sr=1-4&seller=

...and get some speakers: http://cgi.ebay.com/Energy-Speakers-...3286.m20.l1116

The ACT6 got a few good reviews:
http://www.soundstage.com/surrounded...nded200502.htm
http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/spe...get-page4.html
It's actually impressive to find a serious review for a speaker system this cheap. They seem like they're well constructed as they're made of aluminum but you have to like silver. Probably not spectacular, but better than most HTiB's in that price range and would suit a bedroom fine.

post #4 of 7 Old 02-05-2009, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter

hmmm i had not heard of energy speakers,it looks like a neat choice,these r fairly old speakers but the reviews are certainly encouraging. what made you select that particular receiver?
post #5 of 7 Old 02-05-2009, 05:27 PM
AVS Special Member

I only did a quick search on Amazon for a receiver to fit your budget. It has a couple of HDMI (passthrough) inputs, some component video inputs, three digital audio inputs, a subwoofer pre out, and multi-channel input...seemed to have enough for your needs. You may be able to find a better one, though, there doesn't seen to be a lot of good budget deals on Amazon.

Energy has been around a long time and they design and build some quality speakers - they're well regarded.
post #6 of 7 Old 02-05-2009, 08:31 PM

Use your gift credit on a receiver:

...and get some speakers:
The ACT6 got a few good reviews:
on-a-budget-page4.html[/url]
It's actually impressive to find a serious review for a speaker system this cheap. They seem like they're well constructed as they're made of aluminum but you have to like silver. Probably not spectacular, but better than most HTiB's in that price range and would suit a bedroom fine.

+1 for sure, cant go wrong on the ACT-6 for the bedroom. I should know its in mine

Can't fix stupid
post #7 of 7 Old 02-06-2009, 01:03 AM
AVS Special Member

AHarman Kardon AVR-154 would be a better receiver for a few bucks more and it would look pretty smart with the Energy ACT6.

Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page