samsung ht-as720 - hdmi/optical/input question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 02-10-2009, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hi all -- just 2 questions.

1st - when i choose SAT, is there a way to automatically have it go to HDMI 2? I've read some of the 50 page thread but don't know it if it was answered, just that people turn on the equipment in a certain order.

2nd - I have a mac mini with plexapp (awesome program!), i'm using dvi to hdmi for the video and an optical cable for the audio. is there a way with this receiver to use HDMI for video and optical for audio at the same time?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2009, 04:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbbdc View Post

hi all -- just 2 questions.

1st - when i choose SAT, is there a way to automatically have it go to HDMI 2? I've read some of the 50 page thread but don't know it if it was answered, just that people turn on the equipment in a certain order.

2nd - I have a mac mini with plexapp (awesome program!), i'm using dvi to hdmi for the video and an optical cable for the audio. is there a way with this receiver to use HDMI for video and optical for audio at the same time?

1) Yes, just hit "5" which is the SAT setting then hit "Input Mode" until it cycles through to the HDMI. That should do it... If that doesn't do it look into the setup/menu button under digital in...

2) I don't think so... I have never tried... look in the menu... where it says hdmi audio... change that and see what happens, but I don't think so.