Panny SC-bt300 as center of system - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-06-2009, 07:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I was getting pretty well sold on a Panny SC-BT300 as the center of home theater (projector based) system. However, I finally saw some specs on the system, and it has no HDMI, or other video inputs, and 3 (2 digital, 1 analog) audio inputs.

At the beginning I want the system for Blu-ray/DVD playback and HDTV (via DishNetwork). I assume then that for this to work, I would need to run audio out from the Dish DVR to the panny htib, and video out from the DVR to the projector. I further assume that since I am splitting the audio/video from the DVR (VIP722), I will not be able to use HDMI to the projector from the 722, only component video.

Finally, I am assuming that If I ever want to add another source, I'll need to do the same thing, split audio/video, run component to the projector, and run digital audio to the panny htib.

This seems somewhat unreasonably limiting. Is there another Htib combo (with Blu-ray either incorporated or added on) that I can get in the $600-$800 price range? I was looking at the Onkyo ht-s61000, but the price on that has jumped up to 650-700 lately, and I would still need to add Blu-ray, and that puts me over where I want to be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-06-2009, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangm View Post

I further assume that since I am splitting the audio/video from the DVR (VIP722), I will not be able to use HDMI to the projector from the 722, only component video.

Since I don't have Dish I'm not sure, but I think you can still use HDMI for video, even though you have audio routed separately.

There are some advantages to using just HDMI for both audio and video, but nonetheless, many of us use separate cables.

Greg Lee
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page