Sony BDV-E300 / BDV-E500W - Page 2 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

Old 08-23-2009, 01:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Seems to be a Wal Mart only. The speakers seem to be the ones inlcluded with the 330, although the subwoofer seems to be less powerful.

For use in a 13x13 bedroom, would any of you recommend the HT-CT100 over BDV-300 or the walmart only BDV-10T,( which seems to share the same manual as the bdv-300, the difference in specs seems to be a less powerful subwoofer and smaller speakers)

From reviews, it seems as though the HT-CT100 is getting more praise for its audio from Cnet than the BDV-500 did in their review of HITB theatre systems. I have the HT-CT100 hooked up, and the BDV-10T in the car- planning on returning one of the two.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardK View Post

From reviews, it seems as though the HT-CT100 is getting more praise for its audio from Cnet than the BDV-500 did in their review of HITB theatre systems. I have the HT-CT100 hooked up, and the BDV-10T in the car- planning on returning one of the two.

Which did you decide to keep?
Old 09-09-2009, 03:24 PM

Can anyone tell me if the HTS-S360 has HDMI inputs, or is it the same as the E500W. BB is including a Blue Ray player and the S330 for just an additional $50 when you buy a Sony Z5100 TV. Not saying it is the best system, but for just $50 more it might make sense to get these two extra items if someone is strapped for money. Then I can save up for a better A/V System over the next several months. But at least I would have something.

Now, if all of you feel it is a piece of junk and will sound really bad, I guess it doesn't matter if they gave me the two items for nothing.

Any thoughts, or has anyone heard this system.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:40 PM

Hello Dave and Ray Blu-let me answer your questions:

First RayBlu- for now I have kept the HT-CT100 as i have been using the PS3 non stop for movies/blu rays and am quite happy with it. Been watching so many movies in fact that I haven't played NCAA10 or Madden 10 which was my primary reason for purchasing the PS3 in the first place.

Although I liked how the BDV-10T sounded at Walmart, with my setup I really wouldn't have seperation in a small room to take advantage of the front surround sounds.

Dave, I was in Best Buy over the weekend and listened to things on their systems, but it is hard to make a judgement based on how much open space is in the store but:

THe HTS-330 does seem to have 3 HDMI inputs (as the soundbar HT-CT100)
I do not believe the bdv-300 has any- nor the 500 but I would have to check.

I listened to the BDV-300 at Boscovs which is department store in the Philly area, and liked how the trailers to the Taking of Pelham 123 sounded on it.
After listening to it I was thinking to myself that the BDV10-T would be nice.

I compared it to the Panasonic HITB 7.1 set SC-BT200? and found the Panasonic to be a little to bright to my liking out of the box.

I did listen to the S330 and wasn't necessary blown away with it. However, it is very possible it is a similar sound to the 300 and 500. It does appear to have more power it was rated at 580 watts total I believe versus around 424-440 on the 300 and 500.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
These all seem to be the same except the power rating for the T10 and 11 are listed as 800 watts. The T10 is at Walmart and the T11 is at Bj's. Looks like Sony changes a couple specs and model numbers to keep the Best Buys of the world happy so they don't have to ever honor their price match policy. Yamaha does the same thing.
Best Buy shows the 300 for $599 where BJ's shows the T11 for $499. Sony now has the 300 on sale for $549. As more HTIB Bluray systems come out watch the prices drop.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:01 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The T11 is the only one that comes with a 5' HDMI cable.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:11 PM
Advanced Member

Can anyone comment on the DVD up conversion quality on this player? I just picked one up and was hoping the quality was going to be good but so far I'm not impressed. Note I did check that it is outputting 1080p over HDMI so I know it's not keeping it at 480i.

Cheers.
Old 08-24-2014, 06:33 PM

connection setup?

Hi all - resurrecting an old thread but I've had this unit for a while and had what I think was an odd setup. I had an hdmi switch with 4 HDMI and TOS ports, plus one HDMI for going from the switch to the TV. I have an older Samsung TV (2006ish LCD) with 2 HDMI ports on it. My switch seems to be crapping out, and I'm wondering if I really need it setup the way i have it.

Here's what I need connected:

Samsung TV
Sony HTIB
Verizon FIOS Cable Box

I have an xbox and a wii, but i haven't had either plugged in since kids were born. but, wouldn't mind them working.

I'm also considering getting a new TV that has more HDMI inputs on it, but I don't know if that solves my surround sound problems anyways?