Samsung HT-BD1250 - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 73 Old 01-10-2010, 08:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
HT-BD1200T (Same as 1250 for the most part)

I have been drug through hell on this one..

http://slinkeey.freesitespace.net/cm...UNG_HT-BD1200T

The fan sounds like it is a blender making frozen mixed drinks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 73 Old 01-21-2010, 10:46 AM

Liked: 10
Right now I have a similar LG system (without Blu-ray). I have to return it since it blacks out for a couple seconds every few minutes when it's on any setting but 420p (which defeats the purpose of upscaling). I bought it at Costco and they have the Sammy bd1250, so I was thinking on getting it. It would link to our Sammy plasma, so that's a plus also.

I'm not sure if I will bother with the wifi dongle as I find the picture quality usually suffers. Anybody know if this is true? Right now we love the USB feature on the LG. The bd1250 says it can play divx files. So, does it play divx files on DVD (if you burn a data disk with xvid or mkv files) and xvid/mkv files via usb? Can anybody tell me exactly what containers it supports and what the picture quality is?

Also, these rear wireless speakers. Do they need a wireless receiver/amplifier to work wireless or is there one built into the blu-ray receiver? It seems like you need to spend an extra couple hundred $$$ to get all of the features.
post #63 of 73 Old 01-30-2010, 08:44 AM

Well I bought the system, and returned it within 48 hrs. I couldn't get it to play any xvid, mkv, mov, or wmv files either via usb or dvd. I saw tons of posts on the cnet forums where people are playing these files, but it seems to be that if you have XAC at the end of the model, it's the Canadian version and it is different than the US or UK version. Even the firmware upgrades are different.

I ordered the dongle so I could stream the files from my computer, but according to the 4 techs I spoke to at Samsung, it still wouldn't be able to play xvid files. Since we use this feature more than any other part of the system, it wasn't worth it to us to keep it.

For the time I had it, I did like the picture quality of the upscaling. I didn't have any bluray disks to play to check out the picture of BD, so I can't comment on that. I found the sound lacking a bit if you like to listen to music. I turned it all the way up and it did sound good, there was no distortion, but the highest setting wasn't very loud.
post #64 of 73 Old 03-01-2010, 02:58 PM

sono nuovo del forum .. non riesco a fare comunicare ilsisema home BLU-ray con il pic
con la rete wireless ...ho acustato il suo dispositiva.wireless
post #65 of 73 Old 03-05-2010, 12:21 PM

Bought this as I wanted a HTIB and not go into building an earth sahterring elite system :/. I plainly wanted something I can watch BD on and connect my Xbox 360 too. This unit got best in class for audio and video but its gotten a black eye due to all the firmware fiascos. I personally never ever watch bonus features on BD or anything else. I barely have the time to watch movies as it is. For me, this unit made sense. I am extremely happy with the sound and picture. I think its superb. No hdmi input? For me, so what? I dont wanna or need to hook anything else to it.
post #66 of 73 Old 04-29-2010, 07:10 PM

I bought the 1250 for 399 cdn @ costco....blue ray works fine, upscales fine, cd's sound fine and i can watch/scroll do whatever with my ipod connected....not a bad deal for a smaller living room
post #67 of 73 Old 05-20-2010, 09:57 AM

I bought one at Best Buy, brand new but open box deal. 30% off and they had them on sale so I got it for $307 plu tax!
For the money I paid the sound is simply amazing! I only use it to watch BD and DVD. Compared to the LG Blu Ray HTIB that it is replacing, it blows it out of the water!
post #68 of 73 Old 05-21-2010, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecurrent77 View Post

I bought one at Best Buy, brand new but open box deal. 30% off and they had them on sale so I got it for $307 plu tax!
For the money I paid the sound is simply amazing! I only use it to watch BD and DVD. Compared to the LG Blu Ray HTIB that it is replacing, it blows it out of the water!

That's a damn good deal. I just bought one yesterday as well. It was on clearance for 439.99. I was looking at the ht-c5500 and didn't know which one to get. I didn't see any major differences so i got the bd-1250 and saved $60.
post #69 of 73 Old 05-22-2010, 06:43 AM - Thread Starter

refurbdepot is running these for $297 plus shipping, that Best Buy deal sounds pretty good though. Mine had an open box one for $399.

does this only stream MP3's and JPEG ??, what units will stream video files from a PC or through USB ??
post #70 of 73 Old 12-28-2013, 06:05 PM

Liked: 12
This thread is several years old, like my HT-BD1250 HTiB.
Anyway, it looks like Samsung stopped updating the firmware about 18 months ago (June/2012), so some modern Blu-ray disks do not work.
So I'm thinking of going down to Costco and buying a new Blu-ray player, but of course it can't drive the Samsung speakers.
I'm thinking of using my Onkyo TX-SR606 A/V receiver to drive the 5 Samsung speakers and buying a cheap sub-woofer off Craigslist.
I would assume the Onkyo would have no problem driving the Samsung speakers?
I'm sure the TX-Sr606 has more then enough power to drive HTiB Samsung speakers, but I'm wondering if I've missed something, wanted to be careful be for cutting off the speakers "Samsung connectors", before wiring them to the Onkyo.

Yamaha RX-V671 receiver

Infinity Beta 5.1

post #71 of 73 Old 12-28-2013, 10:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 241
The Onkyo is a nice receiver (even though it only has the HDMI 1.3 hardware spec) so I wouldn't waste it on the old Samsung speakers. If money is tight, which it is for most of us this time of year, I'd look at Energy speakers or maybe MLT-2's for a 5.1 speaker system. You probably could modify the Samsung speakers to fit but that's up to you. Just make sure that the ohm rating on the speakers matches what ever the Onkyo is capable of.
post #72 of 73 Old 12-29-2013, 11:00 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post

The Onkyo is a nice receiver (even though it only has the HDMI 1.3 hardware spec) so I wouldn't waste it on the old Samsung speakers. If money is tight, which it is for most of us this time of year, I'd look at Energy speakers or maybe MLT-2's for a 5.1 speaker system. You probably could modify the Samsung speakers to fit but that's up to you. Just make sure that the ohm rating on the speakers matches what ever the Onkyo is capable of.

Money is not the problem (I own 20 headphones and just ordered a $300 headphone (T70) for my collection).
The current HT-DB1250 sits at my parents house and is rarely used (except by me), The TX-SR606 was replaced by my TX-SR706, which was replaced by my RX-V671.
So the TX-SR606 has been sitting around unused for a few years, I was just hopeful the Samsung speakers (3-Ohm) might work with the TX-SR606, other wise I'll try to buy used 5.1 off Craigslist.
If I was going new I would order Monoprice's 5.1 for $250 (rebranded Energy).

Found some new Klipsch 300 5.1 for $160, guess I'll go for that unless someone knows of something better in that price range?

Edit, ended up ordering the Klipsch 300, the price was just too good.

Yamaha RX-V671 receiver

Infinity Beta 5.1

post #73 of 73 Old 12-29-2013, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 241
3 ohm speakers. Wow. Can the Onkyo even power those? I'd go with your other choices.
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page