Samsung HT-BD1250 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 73 Old 04-30-2009, 08:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
saw this at Best Buy, 5.1 system with Blu-Ray player included, player looked like the 1600

Product Description
home theater system with Blu-ray Disc player/receiver, 5 speakers, and a subwoofer * built-in support for Netflix® movie and Pandora® music services (subscriptions required) * includes built-in iPod dock with audio, video, and iPhone support * console features Samsung's Touch of Color® red accent * Energy Star® compliant * wireless rear speaker operation and wireless Internet streaming require Samsung's optional wireless adapter * Anynet Plus technology for simplified operation with a compatible Samsung TV (HDMI-CEC) * video upconversion for standard DVD playback * built-in decoding for Dolby® Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital True HD®, Dolby® Pro Logic® II, DTS, and DTS-HD Master Audio * 6-channel amplifier (165 watts x 4 for main and rear speakers, 170 watts x 2 for center speaker and subwoofer) * Crystal Amp technology improves sound quality * Smart Volume keeps listening levels steady *

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 73 Old 05-01-2009, 06:37 AM

I just got this earlier this week. I was having issues with the Sony CT100 I had so I saw this at Best Buy. I have to say that as of right now, it is great. The sound is fantastic and it was very easy to set up. So far, PQ and sound are great, especially for the price. Hopefully, it will last longer than the Sony soundbar and Insignia BD player I returned.
post #3 of 73 Old 05-01-2009, 06:57 AM - Thread Starter

whats the going rate for this unit ??, the one I saw at BB had no price on it.
post #4 of 73 Old 05-01-2009, 03:27 PM

got mine for $499.00.
post #5 of 73 Old 05-02-2009, 12:38 PM

Any place/person out there yet to give a rating on this? Just came across this player the other day looking at newegg.
post #6 of 73 Old 05-03-2009, 01:28 AM
AVS Special Member

My rating would be "ASS"

No HDMI input?

I wish the manufacturers would get it through their thick heads. Most people have more than one device. I'm not buying your HTIB junk that doesn't have at least one HDMI input.

Here you have a bunch of features few people really need tossed in and a feature people in droves need left out. Makes very little sense.
post #7 of 73 Old 05-04-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdvwest View Post

Any place/person out there yet to give a rating on this? Just came across this player the other day looking at newegg.

I just tried mine out yesterday. Saw the begining of Body of Lies on Blu-Ray and saw The Reader on DVD hooked to my TV. The unit itself looks fantastic. I have only hooked up the front speakers and woofer so far and I'm loving it.

I still have to hook up everything properly to replace my old Samsung HTiB (which will now move to my living room).

When this connects to my ax100u , I doubt I'll leave my basement for a few weekends. I hope blockbuster can ship Blu-rays fast enough for me to test some more.
post #8 of 73 Old 05-04-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

Here you have a bunch of features few people really need tossed in and a feature people in droves need left out. Makes very little sense.

I was also thinking the same thing to.. Not sure of their purpose though..

I am only wanting Xbox hooked up and I am a happy camper..
post #9 of 73 Old 05-05-2009, 09:05 AM

Quote:

I was also thinking the same thing to.. Not sure of their purpose though..

I am only wanting Xbox hooked up and I am a happy camper..

You will also be happy to know that the only include a composite video cable in the box (not even component) that can only do 480i according to the manual.
post #10 of 73 Old 05-05-2009, 09:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgd2z View Post

You will also be happy to know that the only include a composite video cable in the box (not even component) that can only do 480i according to the manual.

I went to Newegg and saw the package contents. No component or HDMI cables seem to be included.

You know it's great that they hit the marketing bulletpoints like BD Live, CEC and other stuff but most people have at least one other HDMI device that they need to install whether it be a HD DVR, Game Console or Media Extender.

Simply adding 1 HDMI input allows us to grab a 4 or 5 port HDMI switch from Monoprice easily and bring our other equipment along for the ride.

This is a good system if you have a simple HDTV and want to watch movies and maybe stream some content. Anything beyond the basics here is going to have you bumping the ceiling.
post #11 of 73 Old 05-05-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:

I went to Newegg and saw the package contents. No component or HDMI cables seem to be included.

You know it's great that they hit the marketing bulletpoints like BD Live, CEC and other stuff but most people have at least one other HDMI device that they need to install whether it be a HD DVR, Game Console or Media Extender.

Simply adding 1 HDMI input allows us to grab a 4 or 5 port HDMI switch from Monoprice easily and bring our other equipment along for the ride.

This is a good system if you have a simple HDTV and want to watch movies and maybe stream some content. Anything beyond the basics here is going to have you bumping the ceiling.

That's exactly what I bought it for - movie watching exclusively. For a while I was looking for a HTiB with HDMI input that can connect a Blu Ray player. But since this already is a blu ray player it solved my problem and I no longer need the HDMI input.

I also recently found the Panasonic SC-BT200 and I might get that for my basement in the near future. That way I can pair my Sammy with the Sammy TV and Pana with Pana projector and have Blu-Ray at both places.
post #12 of 73 Old 05-06-2009, 05:03 AM

Quote:

but most people have at least one other HDMI device that they need to install whether it be a HD DVR, Game Console or Media Extender.

Can audio still be transferred through two sources? Meaning I can still use 1 of the 3 hdmi inputs on my tV and have digital audio feed through to the bd1250? I am very confused when it comes to this.. I have been reading up on the reviews of this product and this seems to be the most discussed for the "cons" part..
post #13 of 73 Old 05-06-2009, 10:48 AM

Quote:

Can audio still be transferred through two sources? Meaning I can still use 1 of the 3 hdmi inputs on my tV and have digital audio feed through to the bd1250? I am very confused when it comes to this.. I have been reading up on the reviews of this product and this seems to be the most discussed for the "cons" part..

If I understand correctly, you want to feed video into your TV via HDMI and audio into the bd1250 via digital audio cable? If so, that should work. Thats what the audio in is for.
post #14 of 73 Old 05-06-2009, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
It only has 1 HDMI input? Damn. The unit does look pretty damn good. Does it have a Reon chip like the 25xx series or is it just basic upconverting? I'm holding out for LGs HTIBs and they look fantastic. $499 is still a great price for this.
post #15 of 73 Old 05-06-2009, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post

It only has 1 HDMI input? Damn. The unit does look pretty damn good. Does it have a Reon chip like the 25xx series or is it just basic upconverting? I'm holding out for LGs HTIBs and they look fantastic. $499 is still a great price for this.

NOPE it has no HDMI inputs. I'm looking forward to LG's HTIB offerings as well.
post #16 of 73 Old 05-06-2009, 02:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

NOPE it has no HDMI inputs. I'm looking forward to LG's HTIB offerings as well.

WTF? Wow. That really sucks. LGs are going to be priced in the $699 range if the handful of websites showing that price stick. Bit too much for me...may wait for $599 or less. Let me know if you spot them anywhere - I keep checking Best Buy every week since the 390 is already out.
post #17 of 73 Old 05-06-2009, 02:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post

WTF? Wow. That really sucks. LGs are going to be priced in the $699 range if the handful of websites showing that price stick. Bit too much for me...may wait for $599 or less. Let me know if you spot them anywhere - I keep checking Best Buy every week since the 390 is already out.

I know I need at least one input. I'm not selling my HD DVD player and 100+ movies. And I don't mind using a 5-1 HDMI switch either.

I'm going to be looking at the LG HTIB and maybe even the 979 model with wireless rear surrounds.
post #18 of 73 Old 05-06-2009, 03:03 PM

Yeah seen on two upcoming models about the May 09 release date.. Hopefully here soon they will shed more light on things.. The other models in similarity that I have seen are upwards 450+.. So maybe, just maybe they will produce around these numbers..

How do LG usually hold up versus other systems out there? Receivers,speakers, players, etc?

I will hold out until mid June, if not I am taking a stab at the samsung.

edit: Another thing on samsung.. I own a laptop from them and it's the only one that I know of out there with only 3gb of ram.. So I think their motto is get away with the bare minimum.
post #19 of 73 Old 05-06-2009, 04:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I know I need at least one input. I'm not selling my HD DVD player and 100+ movies. And I don't mind using a 5-1 HDMI switch either.

I'm going to be looking at the LG HTIB and maybe even the 979 model with wireless rear surrounds.

Neither will I. I need at least 2 more HDMI inputs (HD DVD and 360).

The 979 model looks great but pricing will be a big factor for me.
post #20 of 73 Old 05-09-2009, 05:08 PM

Hi all,

Purchased a Samsung HT-BD1250 sight unseen from Crutchfield - it will arrive Monday 5/11/09.

I'll be letting you all know how well the Samsung HT-BD1250 gets paired up with the Samsung LN46A550 using Anynet in a subsequent post. Maybe we'll all learn something valuable...
post #21 of 73 Old 05-12-2009, 08:08 PM

Quote:

I have my Samsung LN46A550 HDTV connected to basic Time Warner Cable thru the coaxial input - no Cable Box needed. . From the HDTV, I have 1 connection out: Digital Audio Out, and one connection in: HDMI-1. Those connect to my HT-BD1250 Digital Audio In and HDMI-1 outputs, respectively. That's it. With this setup, I can listen to and watch HDTV (QAM) TV shows broadcasting in Dolby Digital thru the HTIB speakers, and listen to Dolby 5.1 Surround on Blu-Ray movies. Samsung AnyNet+ working great - turning on the HTIB powers up itself and the HDTV simultaneously.
post #22 of 73 Old 06-08-2009, 03:25 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
i just got this, i have component from cable box to tv, and this bd player hdmi out to tv in, plays good when i watch a blue ray dvd threw the htib speakers how can i watch tv and use the htib speakers for my sound.
post #23 of 73 Old 06-08-2009, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahwig60 View Post

i just got this, i have component from cable box to tv, and this bd player hdmi out to tv in, plays good when i watch a blue ray dvd threw the htib speakers how can i watch tv and use the htib speakers for my sound.

If you connect a optical cable (not supplied with HTIB) from the "digital optical audio out" on the cable box to the "digital audio in" (OPTICAL 1 or OPTICAL 2) on the HTIB, you should be in pretty good shape. Remember to select the audio source on the HTIB remote by pressing D.IN button. See your Samsung HTIB manual - page 28.

CoffeeAbuse
post #24 of 73 Old 06-16-2009, 01:49 AM

I just installed the HT-BD1250 and I find the sound to be a bit muffled.

Is there any way to adjust treble/bass levels besides adjusting the level of the subwoofer?
post #25 of 73 Old 06-21-2009, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmtri1 View Post

I just installed the HT-BD1250 and I find the sound to be a bit muffled.

Is there any way to adjust treble/bass levels besides adjusting the level of the subwoofer?

As far as I can tell by working with the options and searching the manual, there are no such controls.

I did notice that the center channel speaker leaves something to be desired... perhaps this is the source of your "muffled" experience.

I substituted a good-quality speaker for the original center channel - this helped a lot - will be purchasing a Boston Acoustics center channel speaker from a local craigslist seller - I'll post the results of that experiment.
post #26 of 73 Old 06-24-2009, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeeabuse View Post

As far as I can tell by working with the options and searching the manual, there are no such controls.

I did notice that the center channel speaker leaves something to be desired... perhaps this is the source of your "muffled" experience.

I substituted a good-quality speaker for the original center channel - this helped a lot - will be purchasing a Boston Acoustics center channel speaker from a local craigslist seller - I'll post the results of that experiment.

After replacing the Samsung center channel speaker with a Boston Acoustics (model CRC - discontinued) center channel speaker, the sound from the Samsung HTIB is awesome! The vocals, especially women's voices, actually sound realistic. No more muffled sound. I highly recommend changing that center channel speaker!

At first thought, it might seem a bit silly to need to pour more money into a brand new HTIB to make it sound great, but the rest of the system does exactly what it needs to do for me, especially with the AnyNet features. Besides, I found the Boston CRC speaker (used) on local Craigslist for $60, whereas previously (year 2003) it normally sold for $250. So, the system as a whole is still a bargain, for me at least.

Replace your center channel speaker. The difference it makes to the overall sound of the HT-BD1250 system is transformative!
post #27 of 73 Old 08-04-2009, 09:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I have a new Samsung 58b650 connected using HDMI and the Optical Fiber cable.

QUESTION:

When I turn off the TV the BD1250 also turns off as expected.
The problem is it never auto powers back on when the TV is turned back on.

I have it in optical in mode as I am watching TV from my sat receiver.

I would think since they advertise all the HDMI link options it would also detect the TV powering on and also power on.

Any ideas?
post #28 of 73 Old 08-05-2009, 06:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
POWER USAGE QUESTION. . . .

Anyone with a WATT meter?

How much power does this thing use with it is ON but the TV is Off sending no sound to the unit?

My idea is since I cant get it to auto power on I will leave it on 24x7. If no sound is outputting, is the AMP burning up Watts?
post #29 of 73 Old 08-05-2009, 07:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottChez View Post

I have a new Samsung 58b650 connected using HDMI and the Optical Fiber cable.

QUESTION:

When I turn off the TV the BD1250 also turns off as expected.
The problem is it never auto powers back on when the TV is turned back on.

I have it in optical in mode as I am watching TV from my sat receiver.

I would think since they advertise all the HDMI link options it would also detect the TV powering on and also power on.

Any ideas?

I have the Samsung HT-BD2T, and Anynet+ will turn on the tv with the Blu-ray (Reciever), but will not turn off the TV. The T.V. can power the Blu-ray (Receiver) on manually, if its a Samsung T.V. in the T.V. menu under Anynet+. If set to, Anynet+ will turn off the Blu-ray (Reciever) if the T.V. is turned off, but only in Blu-ray/DVD mode not Digital Input 1 or 2.
post #30 of 73 Old 08-05-2009, 07:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottChez View Post

POWER USAGE QUESTION. . . .

Anyone with a WATT meter?

How much power does this thing use with it is ON but the TV is Off sending no sound to the unit?

My idea is since I cant get it to auto power on I will leave it on 24x7. If no sound is outputting, is the AMP burning up Watts?

Don't know about Wattage, but unfortunately, yes the AMP is burning up Watts ( lower than in use ) when left on.
Reply Home Theater In A Box

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page