Sony's "New" HTS-S360 - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 368 Old 11-01-2010, 06:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently moved my home theater and would like to use headphones occasionally while watching movies or playing games. I have my PS3 and Cable hooked up to the ss360 and then that goes to my projector. Am I screwed because there is no audio out from the receiver and it's connected to my PJ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 368 Old 11-26-2010, 08:26 PM

hey guys, i just purchased this system today, and im pretty sure the speaker wires that come with it are cheap thin wires, 24g i think? i was wondering whats the biggest i can go on these? i was thinking 16-18g, not sure if 16g would fit may be to big or am i wrong? also besides hdmi and speaker wires what else would you suggest would do me well to pick up from mono?
post #363 of 368 Old 11-26-2010, 09:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by denali7432 View Post
hey guys, i just purchased this system today, and im pretty sure the speaker wires that come with it are cheap thin wires, 24g i think? i was wondering whats the biggest i can go on these? i was thinking 16-18g, not sure if 16g would fit may be to big or am i wrong? also besides hdmi and speaker wires what else would you suggest would do me well to pick up from mono?
Hi denali7432, 16g will be fine and suggest picking up a couple extra HDMI cables and even an optical cable for future upgrade or testing purpose.
post #364 of 368 Old 01-15-2011, 11:27 AM

Hey James,

I have an identical setup and had the same problem as you. What I did was hooked up my wireless headphones (sennheiser's) to the audio out of the tv. All you have to do is turn the volume of the tv down to "0". The audio will still go to your headphones.. (I'm assuming your wireless headphones have a volume control on them). The only caveat I guess was that I couldn't figure out how use the headphones with the audio going to the receiver. I have to set the audio to go to the internal speakers in the tv's audio settings.

Hope that at least sort of helps.
post #365 of 368 Old 05-19-2011, 03:54 PM

I've had the Sony HTSS360 for a while and I love it. However I just bought a 3D TV ... since the SS360 does not have 3D pass thru I hooked my PS3 (Blu-Ray Player) up to the TV via HDMI, then ran a optical from the TV to the SS360. I'm not getting much of a signal from the rear speakers. Any thoughts on how I should set this up would be a great help. My whole set up right now has PS3, Xbox360, and DirecTV hooked up via HDMI to the TV and the Audio Out to the SS360 using optical. Thanks in advance!!!
post #366 of 368 Old 05-19-2011, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 123
You need to run audio direct to the receiver, not through the TV. Most sets only output stereo from devices attached using HDMI. Some will pass DD 5.1, in which case it's OK to route your set top box and Xbox through the TV. But, no TVs do DTS. And most Blu-rays have DTS tracks. So, I'd recommend using optical direct from the PS3 to your sound system. If your TV does not pass DD 5.1 from any devives, then you should use direct optical or coax connections for all of them.
post #367 of 368 Old 02-24-2013, 09:26 AM
tji
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I've had this system for a couple years now. It has been working fine for the most part.

But, I recently picked up a Google TV box which I connect through my Sony, and I'm having issues with the resolution detection. When going through the Sony, it detects only 480p resolution. When going direct to the display it correctly detects 720p. Unfortunately, it doesn't give any manual override options when this happens, it just give me 480p.

Are there any settings/tweaks you guys have made for this type of issue? Can I change any of the HDMI detection behavior of this device?
post #368 of 368 Old 02-24-2013, 11:56 AM

Liked: 12
I ran into this resolution issue when I got this unit and tried to hookup my computer through it. It would not display 1080 correctly through the receiver. I have to go directly to the tv with it.

Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page