post #181 of 368 Old 10-28-2009, 11:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights View Post

Anyone if you can change the HDMI input names on the receiver??, Instead of DVD i want it to say Xbox 360, Instead of SAT i want it to say Cable, etc....

Thanks

I dont think so, because each input has its correspondingbutton on the remote, which leads me to believe that they are unchangeable. Using this unit with a universal remote might be different. Regarding the actual unit though, I think they can't be renamed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 368 Old 10-30-2009, 06:09 PM

Liked: 10
Has anyone else who has there HD Cable Box connected to the HT-SS360 with HDMI and then to the HD TV with HDMI notice a lesser quality then when connected directly to the TV???. I'm watching the Miami Heat game and it looks dissapointing for HD. I would love to get other peoples opinion on this. Also note that i'm using Monster M1000 series HDMI cables. Thanks.
post #183 of 368 Old 10-31-2009, 07:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Has anyone else who has there HD Cable Box connected to the HT-SS360 with HDMI and then to the HD TV with HDMI notice a lesser quality then when connected directly to the TV???. I'm watching the Miami Heat game and it looks dissapointing for HD. I would love to get other peoples opinion on this. Also note that i'm using Monster M1000 series HDMI cables. Thanks.

It should pass full 1080p. If you look on page 50 of the manual, it explains how the signal is passed via HDMI from the source to the TV. Maybe it processes the signal again as it passes it? What is your sat receiver set to?
post #184 of 368 Old 10-31-2009, 11:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

It's those Monster cables that are the problem j/k
post #185 of 368 Old 10-31-2009, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebloggs13 View Post

It should pass full 1080p. If you look on page 50 of the manual, it explains how the signal is passed via HDMI from the source to the TV. Maybe it processes the signal again as it passes it? What is your sat receiver set to?

Set to SAT for the cable box. When watching a show or movie looks great, But when watching sports it's kinda iffy to me. When i had the cable box directly to the hdtv before and looked better.
post #186 of 368 Old 10-31-2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsurd2 View Post

It's those Monster cables that are the problem j/k

hahaha for the money i spent on them it better not be lol. I bought them just so i know for a 100% fact that it would not be the hdmi cables if i had bad reception. I love those cables and now the M2000 cables are going to be even more sick when they come out.
post #187 of 368 Old 10-31-2009, 02:44 PM

What stands do you guys use for your front and rear speakers?
post #188 of 368 Old 11-01-2009, 07:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplosive View Post

The dimensions of my tv room are such that I am able to mount the rear speakers in each corner of the room. I just bought some little corner shelves for them. I ran the cables under the floor as I have a crawl space under the tv room, accessed from the basement. It's an ideal set up for me, and as the room is about 14x15 this system was just the right size as well.
post #189 of 368 Old 11-01-2009, 10:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

hahaha for the money i spent on them it better not be lol. I bought them just so i know for a 100% fact that it would not be the hdmi cables if i had bad reception. I love those cables and now the M2000 cables are going to be even more sick when they come out.

Why are you planning to upgrade your M1000's? I can't speak for others but if they are supporting your 1080p sources now IMO the only thing the M2000's will do is lighten your bank account. Save your money and buy a few more BD movies.

If it isn't 720p or 1080i/p it isn't HD. If it is 720p or 1080i/p it may not be HD content.
post #190 of 368 Old 11-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
so are you guys happy with the sound?? my main use would be for movies and games. using a ps3 as the movie player.

im getting this system or the
Panasonic SC-HT56. they are both around under 230 bucks now. only problem is that i cant find any reviews for the panny model, except the ones on amazon.
post #191 of 368 Old 11-02-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazed View Post

so are you guys happy with the sound?? my main use would be for movies and games. using a ps3 as the movie player.

im getting this system or the
Panasonic SC-HT56. they are both around under 230 bucks now. only problem is that i cant find any reviews for the panny model, except the ones on amazon.

I love the way this sounds. I'm in a smaller room - 13x18, and it handles it nicely. I have the Sub turned all the way down (downside of apartment living) and it still puts out a nice rumble. The auto-calibration worked fine for me. I only made a few minor adjustments to fit my situation (like the sub).

The S360 has a nice, clean sound. Plenty of range and warmth. I mainly use it with TV and games, but music sounds good too. Of course a bigger system will sound better, but I am quite pleased and more than satisfied - especially for only costing $230.

No regrets at all.
post #192 of 368 Old 11-03-2009, 01:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogday View Post

I love the way this sounds. I'm in a smaller room - 13x18, and it handles it nicely. I have the Sub turned all the way down (downside of apartment living) and it still puts out a nice rumble. The auto-calibration worked fine for me. I only made a few minor adjustments to fit my situation (like the sub).

The S360 has a nice, clean sound. Plenty of range and warmth. I mainly use it with TV and games, but music sounds good too. Of course a bigger system will sound better, but I am quite pleased and more than satisfied - especially for only costing $230.

No regrets at all.

thanks for you input. the price is really attractive and it fits perfectly in my budget.
post #193 of 368 Old 11-03-2009, 02:59 AM

I'm personally not really happy with the sound. There's nothing wrong with the unit; it isn't defective or anything less than what it was promised to be. I just don't like the way it sounds, especially the center channel speaker, when presenting DD5.1 from television. It's great with the sound from BDs, for some reason, but television, notsomuch. Everything sounds like it is happening inside a tin can, regardless of the settings I change and that's even after I replaced the center channel speaker with what I feel is a better one.

YMMV.
post #194 of 368 Old 11-03-2009, 06:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicker1 View Post

I'm personally not really happy with the sound. There's nothing wrong with the unit; it isn't defective or anything less than what it was promised to be. I just don't like the way it sounds, especially the center channel speaker, when presenting DD5.1 from television. It's great with the sound from BDs, for some reason, but television, notsomuch. Everything sounds like it is happening inside a tin can, regardless of the settings I change and that's even after I replaced the center channel speaker with what I feel is a better one.

YMMV.

hmmm that kinda sucks, but i dont think i will be using the surround sound for tv viewing. it'll be more for blurays, dvds, and games.

would you say that you are pretty happy with the sound for movies?
post #195 of 368 Old 11-04-2009, 02:08 AM

Yes, definitely. There is a big difference. I don't have any complaints about the sound with BDs and DVDs.

And it doesn't make sense to me that there would be a big difference, but that's another story.
post #196 of 368 Old 11-05-2009, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplosive View Post

I am looking at this system also and was wondering what kind of wall mounts would work well. I don't need anything high end, just mount on the wall and not look terrible. Also, has anyone used this system with a projector. I am looking to hook my PS3 and cable box to it then run a single HDMI to the projector.

Mark
post #197 of 368 Old 11-08-2009, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joker57676 View Post

I am looking at this system also and was wondering what kind of wall mounts would work well. I don't need anything high end, just mount on the wall and not look terrible. Also, has anyone used this system with a projector. I am looking to hook my PS3 and cable box to it then run a single HDMI to the projector.

Mark

I simply used single screws for each speaker, no fancy mounts needed. The speakers have a keyhole mount, so it was quite easy. Only slight annoyance is the speakers actually aim upwards using this method. Not a big deal, but noticeable when you have them mounted up high.

I would imagine using a projector with the system would be easy. The single HDMI cable to the display is a nice way to go.
post #198 of 368 Old 11-09-2009, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogday View Post

I simply used single screws for each speaker, no fancy mounts needed. The speakers have a keyhole mount, so it was quite easy. Only slight annoyance is the speakers actually aim upwards using this method. Not a big deal, but noticeable when you have them mounted up high.

I would imagine using a projector with the system would be easy. The single HDMI cable to the display is a nice way to go.

Thanks for the reply. I was at a BB this weekend and noticed they could be mounted with a single screw. I'll probably end up going this route for ease and expense.

Mark
post #199 of 368 Old 11-09-2009, 05:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Talk about impulse buy. I was looking for a simple HTIB for my living room TV (56" Samsung DLP), stumbled across this one, saw newegg had a package deal for this and the Sony S360 BD player, checked amazon and saw price was comparable, and clicked buy. Hopefully you fools didn't lead me astray!!

~Tighr: Not helping the situation since 1983

post #200 of 368 Old 11-11-2009, 01:42 PM

has anyone actually compared the sound between the panny sc-ht 56 and the sony ss 360?......i have heard the sound of the sony 360 in best buy, (pretty decent)...but cant find a panny 56 anywhere.........btw the panny doesnt use proprietary connections at the receiver......
post #201 of 368 Old 11-11-2009, 06:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tighr View Post

Talk about impulse buy. I was looking for a simple HTIB for my living room TV (56" Samsung DLP), stumbled across this one, saw newegg had a package deal for this and the Sony S360 BD player, checked amazon and saw price was comparable, and clicked buy. Hopefully you fools didn't lead me astray!!

I have been very happy with my Sony ss360. Hooked to a 50" Samsung plasma, xbox 360, cable receiver, and Samsung BD P1500.
post #202 of 368 Old 12-10-2009, 09:07 PM

Hey guys, I've had a problem with the HTS-S360 and the PS3. I've got the PS3 hooked up to the "BD" port of the receiver via HDMI. The receiver goes out to my Bravia via HDMI also.

Generally after a stretch of use, sometimse the screen just goes black. Then for a split second there is a full screen of snow (multiple colors).. then it blanks out and comes back. It's usually happened after a period of time. then it goes away.

It hasn't really happened with movies but with games it seems to happen. I think I've seen various threads about it but no resolution. Any idea what might be up?
post #203 of 368 Old 12-24-2009, 03:15 AM
Advanced Member

so is this still the best HTIB for around $300 to get? let me know.
post #204 of 368 Old 12-24-2009, 09:22 PM

I just purchased this speaker system along with the KDL-46W5100 and am now trying to hook everything up. I am a novice when it comes to this kind of stuff. I am trying to figure out how I am supposed to connect the TV, Receiver, computer (which has hdmi), and cable box all together to utilize the speaker system. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
post #205 of 368 Old 12-24-2009, 10:28 PM

TV should have an HDMI input. This is where you plug the HDMI output from the Sony HTiB receiver.

The computer and cable box go to the HDMI inputs on the Sony HTiB receiver(there are 3). This is assuming that both computer and cable box have HDMI outputs, and that you have HDMI cables for both of them.
post #206 of 368 Old 12-24-2009, 10:44 PM

Ok, I had the hdmi from the computer going directly to the tv, but I switched it to the receiver, but still no sound is coming out of the speakers.
post #207 of 368 Old 12-24-2009, 11:52 PM

When you ran the computer's HDMI to the tv, were you getting computer sound out of the tv?
post #208 of 368 Old 12-25-2009, 12:19 AM

sometimes i can get sound out of the TV and sometimes not.
post #209 of 368 Old 12-25-2009, 10:01 AM

Let's back up then.

When you setup the Sony HTiB, did you run the speaker calibration? When you do, do the test tones come out of each speaker?

If you haven't run it, run it now.

I'm trying to figure out if it's a problem with your system, or with your connections.
post #210 of 368 Old 12-25-2009, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

FWIW,,, I returned my SS360 last week.

Just shy of my 30 day return window the SS360 died, it would power on for a few minutes and then just shut down.

Anyhow, personaly I feel its a great little system and I almost re-purchased it when I did my return at my local B&M.

Any electronic anything can break but I would say get an extended warranty with the SS360.

Cheers
Davyo
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page