LG LHB 975/535/335 Owners Thread - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 141 Old 02-17-2011, 11:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello All. I DL'd the updated driver today (599) and my system quit playing sound. The sound would pass through the HDMI on my TV, but nothing would come out of my 535's speakers. Even the speaker test was silent. I called LG's support and the guy had me change the "Sound Effect" from my usual ByPass to PLII Movie and the sound worked. I went back to ByPass and it still works.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 141 Old 02-17-2011, 11:16 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by geonjay View Post
Hello All. I DL'd the updated driver today (599) and my system quit playing sound. The sound would pass through the HDMI on my TV, but nothing would come out of my 535's speakers. Even the speaker test was silent. I called LG's support and the guy had me change the "Sound Effect" from my usual ByPass to PLII Movie and the sound worked. I went back to ByPass and it still works.
Wow, that's really weird.
post #123 of 141 Old 02-18-2011, 04:58 PM

Hi all, I have sent my (less than a year old) 975 back once already to have the sub and main unit repaired, as the sub wouldn't connect. This worked about 2 months, then just this week neither sub nor wireless speakers will sync.
Has anyone had this issue and eventually succeed in pairing them up? Or am I just wasting my time?
post #124 of 141 Old 02-22-2011, 07:55 PM
Advanced Member

I've noticed that ever since the new firmware update, the PL MOVIE II sound option is missing on most Netflix titles. Maybe it's a coincidence, but it's the first time I've noticed it not being there on Netflix movies...
post #125 of 141 Old 03-08-2011, 10:44 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 22
Anybody else having issues w/ HDMI out? Like if the blu-ray's paused for a while, it has trouble connecting or w/ the handshake.

Still can't get the HDMI in from my HD DVD player to play HD audio.
post #126 of 141 Old 03-13-2011, 08:21 AM

Hi guys i'm new to the forum and i see you guys had couple of issues with this set up.

I bought a open item set up from HHGREEG. both the rear and the subwoofer wouldn't synch so i figured someone broke them. i return them and got a brand new one.. (i should of stayed away)

The system was working fine for a couple of months.. dunno about the hizzy noise.. i didnt really paid attention... but now is 6 months later the subwoofer won't synch to the main unit.. it keeps flashing a red light.. and for what i read this **** happened to a lot of people. i can't find why is happening but looks like when it does you are pretty much screwed..

i called custmer service and they said the labor is not covered after 3 months. only parts.. let's say i didnt have a good reaction to that since i dropped 500 bucks on this system.. after telling the they are obviously selling a defective product.. that i was going to take this sitting down. the guy talked to his manager and told me that they were going to send me a shipping box etc..

my issue is that my unit is almost brand new.. i'm thinking they going to send me a refurbish unit..

any comments on your exprience with LG repair dept? and do you know why they stop working after a few?
post #127 of 141 Old 03-22-2011, 04:11 PM

New firmware update today....
Anyone know what it did?
I really wish they would provide some sort of update list when they put these out.
post #128 of 141 Old 03-23-2011, 11:18 AM

Thanks man
post #129 of 141 Old 05-10-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csurammy View Post

Bought the LG LHB975 in Nov 2010, Already having issues with the wireless speakers. My subwoofer is completley broke, it wont snyc with the unit anymore, they are sending me call tags, and having it sent back. Has anyone else had this issue on this forum? There are alot of other post's out there about this issue, and I want to know after sending it in, was the problem fixed for good? They should of been smart and built the option to hard wire as well. The wireless rear speakers work sometimes, and on certain channels like NFL Network, there are loud popping sounds everytime a commercial is done. I've had horrible luck with this unit, and would encourage anyone looking to buy this, to do some research and look at all the problems with the wireless speakers. The only reason I bought this unit was for the HDMI in and out ( outputs)
Pissed off, first and last LG purchase for anything.

Sorry to bump this old thread, but my sub recently quit as well on my 975. All attempts to remate fail. To echo the previous poster's question, was the subwoofer issue truly fixed after you sent it in? I don't know what kind of warranty I have, since I my unit was actually a refurb already. Works fine otherwise. Just trying to determine if I shouldn't waste my time fixing it and pony up for something else.
post #130 of 141 Old 05-27-2011, 10:13 AM

Hi everybody.
I have the LHB975 and the front speaker output level won't adjust past "0". They only adjust from -6 to 0. The rear speakers can be adjusted from -6 to + 6.
I called tech support and they say this is normal. Are they right or are they jerking me around? Please let me know how yours work. Thank's
post #131 of 141 Old 06-08-2011, 01:15 AM

So I bought my 535 in October, only to discover the whistle element shortly thereafter. It took a few weeks to fully develop. I got the repair in under the manufacturer warranty and according to the work order, had actual parts replaced...and had no issues since the return except for recently some minor instances of the whistle. I am hoping that is isolated.

My problem right now is that suddenly I am having playback issues. Between Friday and today I watched 3 different Blu-Rays, as well as a couple of DVDs and some streaming. Only on the Blu-Rays did I have any problems, and only on two.

Friday it was the new Green Lantern: Emerald Knights disc, and in the final half hour, it would pause every once in a while for about a second or two, then pick up for 10 or 20 seconds, pause again, etc. It did it a couple of times, pausing 2 or 3 times each time.

Sunday, I watched the Criterion Insignificance with no problem. [I work as a freelance writer and get some movies early.]

Today, I am watching the Criterion Makioka Sisters and the pausing is happening a lot. I've stopped the movie twice, took the disc out, turned the power on and off, and it keeps coming back.

Anyone have any ideas?

I just got an LG e-mail last week trying to sell me an extended warranty, I have a month to decide. Does anyone recommend this? I feel like I've gotten a lemon and since I'm still actually paying it off under the Best Buy finance plan (along with my TV), I feel like a schnook throwing more money after it.

Thanks for any help/advice.

Update: LG customer service suggested a lens cleaner and to check my firmware update. The latter is up to date, and I crossed my fingers and hoped the other solution, as simple as it was, might work. I finished the last 70 minutes of The Makioka Sisters and watched all of Depeche Mod: Touring the Universe without a single glitch. *shrugs* Hope it lasts!
post #132 of 141 Old 06-09-2011, 07:42 PM

I've got the LHB536 and was having no end of trouble with Toy Story 3 BluRay but finally figured it out. The other things I saw on the internet about this movie indicated you should switch to 5.1 audio to clear up problems (from 7.1), but that didn't help. I still couldn't hear Mr. Potato Head's voice in some scenes and Woody's in others. So, I clicked "Sound Effect" on the remote and noticed it was in "Natural Plus". Out of curiosity, I changed it to BYPASS, and suddenly everything sounds right and no voices are blocked.

WHY does this player allow Sound Effect settings to destroy entire channels of audio while playing BluRay players? I understand one might want fancy sound settings that mimic surround while listening to 2.0 sources, but this is a 7.1 BluRay and it won't work unless you're on the right Sound Effect setting.

LG should make this more clear in the instructions or make this setting not wreck 7.1 or 5.1 audio.
post #133 of 141 Old 06-20-2011, 07:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schtibbie View Post

WHY does this player allow Sound Effect settings to destroy entire channels of audio while playing BluRay players? I understand one might want fancy sound settings that mimic surround while listening to 2.0 sources, but this is a 7.1 BluRay and it won't work unless you're on the right Sound Effect setting.

At least they fixed this with the LG LHB536. I leave it on Natural Plus, and it essentially creates a center channel for 2.0 stereo stuff, and leaves 5.1 stuff as Bypass.
post #134 of 141 Old 06-29-2011, 05:49 PM

There is a simple fix if you are using an LG blu-ray player or Home theater system, I have contacted LG & Netflix and they will be informing there customers, well depends on how fast they can get the word to their employees. The fix believe it or not is to change your resolution from 1080p to a lower resolution, at least while you are trying to stream Netflix, then you can change it back to 1080p if you feel like after watching Netflix. The resolutions I found to work are 1080i and 720p, to be honest I did not try any lower, I doubt people using HD equipment would want to either.

So if you get the message: "Sorry, this title cannot be watched instantly at this time. Please try again later or play a different title"

Then change your resolution from 1080p to 1080i or lower, it will work, you will be happy.

I tried all the other solutions, which made no sense, I was watching Netflix straight out of the box for months. I heard a crackling in the back speakers while watching a movie on Netflix, I remembered seeing in setup recently an initialize home theater, I figured maybe I should of done that and did. Then I could not stream Netflix, I could see my instant que and recently watched etc., it would even show the retrieving screen & that is when the above message came up.

The problem? Netflix is not 1080p and right now there is not a code or default to change this if your system is set at 1080p. They both say it will be fixed soon now that they know the problem. Thank you for your time. I hope I helped a few people.
post #135 of 141 Old 07-04-2011, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daynja View Post

I tried everything to fix the sound, but nothing worked. I replaced the center speaker with one from a different unit and it sounds fine. So I think the LG speaker bit the dust. Hopefully they can just replace it instead of the whole unit.

I updated the firmware and haven't had it unexpectedly pause on me yet, so hopefully that's fixed.

I just want to update this and say that LG did replace the center speaker for me and everything is working great.
post #136 of 141 Old 07-28-2011, 04:17 PM

I am happy with my LHB335, BUT the whistling out of the front right speaker is intermittent. It will come and go. I've had the unit since Valentine's day, lol. It was my gift from my wife. I didn't hook it up at the time because we were living on base in New Mexico and I had orders to move to McChord AFB, WA. I hooked it up when we moved on base in Washington and noticed the hissing. We just had a house built and I paid to have it pre-wired for surround so that in the event I start to upgrade my components, I will have good speaker wire. I still notice the hissing every now and then but it's not too bad.
post #137 of 141 Old 09-28-2011, 08:37 AM

Hello friends, who have upgraded to version: HB.8.31.362.c?. What changes have you noticed about the playback via Blu-ray, DVD or USB?. What would be the Pros, and Cons:?. By chance this update will activate Audio Watermark Cinavia DRM?.
post #138 of 141 Old 11-20-2011, 10:04 AM

Anyone updated to the new version is available HB.8.31.364.c?.
post #139 of 141 Old 11-21-2011, 07:16 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by biliam1982 View Post

Anybody else having issues w/ HDMI out? Like if the blu-ray's paused for a while, it has trouble connecting or w/ the handshake.

Still can't get the HDMI in from my HD DVD player to play HD audio.

im having the same problem
post #140 of 141 Old 12-10-2011, 08:25 PM

Do these units support 5.1 playback from Netflix?
post #141 of 141 Old 10-10-2013, 04:27 AM

I'm obviously a latecomer to the forum...  Bought my 535 in fall of 2010 - no real issues - no whistling - replaced the sub with a 10" powered sub I already had and it made a tremendous difference.  Biggest question I have:  On powerup screen a series of dots sequentially light up - anyone know what these dots represent or mean?

Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page