Official BDV-E770W Thread - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 195 Old 12-27-2010, 02:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
it does it with all things that i watch, tv, dvd, etc..it has to be tv. what else could it be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 195 Old 12-27-2010, 10:23 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Downtick, if it does it with DVD, how could it be the fault of the TV? I have had this happen with satellite broadcast (the audio of which admittedly goes to the TV first and then to the AVR via ACR), but also when playing blu rays on the unit, so with the audio obviously not being routed through the TV...
post #93 of 195 Old 12-28-2010, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtick View Post
it does it with all things that i watch, tv, dvd, etc..it has to be tv. what else could it be?
Out of curiosity, what have you got the sur.settings set to? If it's on A.F.D STD try changing it to any other setting besides 2CH STEREO and see what happens.
post #94 of 195 Old 12-29-2010, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithK. View Post

Found it. Thanks.

Could it be the source to your tv that is changing audio formats, ie cable/sat box or DVR? Does it do it when playing a bluray or DVD/CD? Just because 2 different units did the same thing doesn't implicate your TV. I haven't had the fade outs but some of my cable sources aren't broadcast in 5.1 so I only receive 2.1 but when I do watch a 5.1 source, it doesn't change. I don't see many people talking about the lose of sound that myared and I are experiencing but I do just use the receivers built into my tv, no set top box, so I do wonder if a cable/sat box may upscale everything to a constant resolution, which would mask the problem I have.

That was my experience with a Motorola DCX3400 STB. When set to "Native" or pass thru mode I would get lock ups on BDV when surfing channels with diff resolution. With STB set to a fixed output resolution the problem never happened. I loaded the 735 firmware a couple of nights ago (the box was set to notify availability of updates but didn't) and since then no lock up/muting on BDV with STB back on "native" setting. So far so good - they may have actually fixed something in my case at least.

For those losing wireless speaker output - I notice this problem on some TV channels and find if you play with either the "Sound Mode" or "Surround" setting (about four or five options on each of these) you can get the surround speakers to output. There is not a lot of guidance in the documentation as to what all of these options are for or where to set them. Right now my mode is set to "Auto" and surround to "AFD Multi"

Regarding shutdown question: my time in "Standby" flashing after shutdown (via TV HDMI control - it follows the TV on and off) is between 15 and 20 seconds. When the system used to lock up it would take close to 2 minutes to force this with BDV remote.
post #95 of 195 Old 12-30-2010, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jff6791 View Post

That was my experience with a Motorola DCX3400 STB. When set to "Native" or pass thru mode I would get lock ups on BDV when surfing channels with diff resolution. With STB set to a fixed output resolution the problem never happened. I loaded the 735 firmware a couple of nights ago (the box was set to notify availability of updates but didn't) and since then no lock up/muting on BDV with STB back on "native" setting. So far so good - they may have actually fixed something in my case at least.

I seem to remember a 'native' setting somewhere...new TV, too, so I'm not real familiar with it all yet. I'll look and see if my TV has a setting to lock down resolution and if that will work for me. Even if it starts working right, I can't help but wonder what is not being written to memory because of the faulty chip and what's there that it is reading.

Quote:

For those losing wireless speaker output - I notice this problem on some TV channels and find if you play with either the "Sound Mode" or "Surround" setting (about four or five options on each of these) you can get the surround speakers to output. There is not a lot of guidance in the documentation as to what all of these options are for or where to set them. Right now my mode is set to "Auto" and surround to "AFD Multi"

The reason I mentioned it above is that I did read that AFD Multi is supposed to be the default setting but when I looked at it the first time, it was set to AFD STD. I've tried different decoders with no luck.
post #96 of 195 Old 12-30-2010, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithK. View Post

Out of curiosity, what have you got the sur.settings set to? If it's on A.F.D STD try changing it to any other setting besides 2CH STEREO and see what happens.

are these settings in the bdv unit? If so, where are they? I spoke with sony for hours about this, and they have no idea..They had me change so many settings and still nothing..it is so annoying. This has happened to me with 2 different bdv units so what else could it be? I connect everything to my tv..then i run the audio out of the tv via an optical cable into the bdv unit as there are not many options with the bdv unit.
post #97 of 195 Old 12-31-2010, 05:11 AM

Quote:
are these settings in the bdv unit? If so, where are they? I spoke with sony for hours about this, and they have no idea..They had me change so many settings and still nothing..it is so annoying. This has happened to me with 2 different bdv units so what else could it be? I connect everything to my tv..then i run the audio out of the tv via an optical cable into the bdv unit as there are not many options with the bdv unit.
It only shows up on the front of the unit. Click the System Menu button and then the down arrow until it says Sur.SETTINGS. Page 27 of the owners manual tells you what each choice does.
In retrospect, I doubt this is it because anything that would turn off your surround speakers would do so and they would never fade in.
I could see it happening if your in a wireless rich environment and other signals are causing interference. On the back of each unit there is a switch that lets you pick A, B or C. Have you tried the different channels to see if that makes a difference?
post #98 of 195 Old 12-31-2010, 01:37 PM

i have tried a, b and c..i tried everything with sony on the phone..their big thing was a setting called party mode..to put it on and off, but it did nothing for me..i will keep on playing around with it..it has been 5 months now and I still cannot resolve it.

I just changed the surr settings to A.F.D. Mutli..it sounds much better, fuller, thats for sure! I never
even knew about these settings and sony never had me do anything with them either..glad you told me, even if the surround still fades, it sounds much better than a.f.d. std mode..so far so good though, no fading as of yet..but let's see..will post in a few days after checking it out for a while.
post #99 of 195 Old 01-01-2011, 07:09 PM

Something like the Sony SA-W3000?
post #100 of 195 Old 01-03-2011, 05:34 AM

Quote:

That's what I have my settings on... and I still get the intermittent surround sound cutoffs.
post #101 of 195 Old 01-06-2011, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myared View Post

That's what I have my settings on... and I still get the intermittent surround sound cutoffs.

I tired various settings and I still loose the surround sound. It seems to happen a lot more while watching tv then to watching a dvd..i watched a movie last night on dvd and it only cut out 1 time but while watching tv it cuts out every few minutes or so, does not matter what channel I am on.
post #102 of 195 Old 01-06-2011, 09:40 AM

Quote:

I tired various settings and I still loose the surround sound. It seems to happen a lot more while watching TV then to watching a dvd..i watched a movie last night on dvd and it only cut out 1 time but while watching tv it cuts out every few minutes or so, does not matter what channel I am on.

Ditto.
post #103 of 195 Old 01-09-2011, 09:45 AM

>That was my experience with a Motorola DCX3400 STB. When set to "Native" or pass thru mode I would get lock ups on BDV when surfing channels with diff resolution. With STB set to a fixed output resolution the problem never happened. I loaded the 735 firmware a couple of nights ago (the box was set to notify availability of updates but didn't) and since then no lock up/muting on BDV with STB back on "native" setting. So far so good - they may have actually fixed something in my case at least.

Well - not so fast. It still does this - just not as often. More frequently now playing back recorded shows on STB coming out of commercial. The answer may end up being a TiVo in place of Motorola - good excuse to upgrade.
post #104 of 195 Old 01-09-2011, 04:46 PM

Hi there!
All components mentioned in my subject line are hooked up to my TV via HDMI or Rgb component cables. I have HDMI put from bdv-770 to tv and digital optical between the two as well. Sound will only come through speakers when watching Blu-ray. Moved the digital optical from back of tv to back of TiVo Premier and now sound from TV comes through the speakers but now I don't know how to get sound from the remaining components, particularly the Apple TV (with hard drive, not the new version).

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!
post #105 of 195 Old 01-09-2011, 04:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychobeagle View Post

Hi there!
All components mentioned in my subject line are hooked up to my TV via HDMI or Rgb component cables. I have HDMI put from bdv-770 to tv and digital optical between the two as well. Sound will only come through speakers when watching Blu-ray. Moved the digital optical from back of tv to back of TiVo Premier and now sound from TV comes through the speakers but now I don't know how to get sound from the remaining components, particularly the Apple TV (with hard drive, not the new version).

Hi Psychobeagle, what model tv do you have? Most tv has an audio output setting to enable for sound to come out of "Digital Audio Out" port.
post #106 of 195 Old 01-09-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:

Hi there!

Sorry...I should tell you the components in the message:
Samsung TV
TiVo premier
Apple TV 160 gb
Xbox
Wii
post #107 of 195 Old 01-09-2011, 04:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Sorry...I should tell you the components in the message:
Samsung TV

Model ?
post #108 of 195 Old 01-09-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post

Hi Psychobeagle, what model tv do you have? Most tv has an audio output setting to enable for sound to come out of "Digital Audio Out" port.

It's big so I can't get to the back to get the model number but it's a Samsung 61 inch LED DLP that might be model number HLT6187.
post #109 of 195 Old 01-09-2011, 05:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

It's big so I can't get to the back to get the model number but it's a Samsung 61 inch LED DLP that might be model number HLT6187.

Go to tv audio menu and set "Internal Mute" to on.

Edit: don't seen this setting will allow HDMI audio to pass thru (possible due to HDCP - copy right protection). Only allow HDMI audio to pass thru RCA analog Audio Out jacks.
post #110 of 195 Old 01-09-2011, 05:25 PM

OK I changed that setting on the TV to "on" but still no sound coming through the Sony BDV-e770. Is there a setting on the Sony I need to adjust as well? Also, on the BDV-770, what function should it be set to (TV? Audio?, etc.?)
post #111 of 195 Old 01-09-2011, 05:26 PM

When I change the function on the Sony BDV to TV, the front of the Sony system says "LPCH". Does that mean anything?
post #112 of 195 Old 01-09-2011, 05:30 PM
AVS Special Member

It should still have audio output when playing the Wii.
post #113 of 195 Old 01-09-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:

It should still have audio output when playing the Wii.

The two components I would most like to work through the BDV770 are the Tivo and the Apple TV. I can get the Tivo working by connecting the digital audio from the Tivo directly to the BDV but that leaves my Apple TV just playing sound through the television speakers.

Any advice?
post #114 of 195 Old 01-09-2011, 05:48 PM
AVS Special Member

post #115 of 195 Old 01-10-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:

A manual optical switch.

Thanks for the advice! Now I'm battling the wireless rear speakers. When turned on they take down my wireless network for my desktop computer, TiVo, etc. I'm guessing it's a conflict?
post #116 of 195 Old 01-16-2011, 12:34 AM

Has anyone used this system on a Sony ex500 series tv? I believe it will allow audio back through the hdmi with the ARC feature. I hope it does, cause I just got this system to use with ex500,comcast dvr,xbox 360. I really needed rear wireless speakers, hope this works out.
post #117 of 195 Old 01-16-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the advice! Now I'm battling the wireless rear speakers. When turned on they take down my wireless network for my desktop computer, TiVo, etc. I'm guessing it's a conflict?

What did you find with this? I just hooked up the system and can't get Internet unless I remove seeker module on back of unit. I'm updating firmware now, hopefully that will work. Kinda points to have built in wireless speakers if it takes down you Internet.
post #118 of 195 Old 01-16-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkameny View Post

What did you find with this? I just hooked up the system and can't get Internet unless I remove seeker module on back of unit. I'm updating firmware now, hopefully that will work. Kinda points to have built in wireless speakers if it takes down you Internet.

Update- after firmware update, speakers and wifi seem to work together.
post #119 of 195 Old 01-18-2011, 09:03 AM

New to the BDV-E770W and am working my way through the list of issues, many of which I share.

My current problem is with sound when playing a Blu Ray disc. It starts up fine and both the audio and video on the introductory material seem to be BD quality. But, when I get to the "start movie" screen and hit enter I lose the sound - completely. Any idea why the sound would work on the introductory materials and then cut out on the movie iteself?

Another issue is with the WEP code for the wireless access. I painfully put it into the unit yesterday, switched to another wireless input for awhile, and then when I switched back to the original router the WEP code had been erased. Please tell me I don't need to enter this everytime!
post #120 of 195 Old 01-18-2011, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkameny View Post

Update- after firmware update, speakers and wifi seem to work together.

Another update- with the wireless speaker transmitter plugged in I still get no internet connection. Really mad cause the two best features can't be used together.
Reply Home Theater In A Box

Tags
Sony

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page