Forum Jump: 

post #151 of 195 Old 02-23-2011, 09:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by downtick View Post

my issue is still happening!! So I turned my router off for a while, and the sound did not drop once. I put it back on, and within a minute or so rear speakers were cutting out. I will try different channels as well for the router. Which channel did you try that worked for you? I know I tried this once before, but only to one other channel. At least now I KNOW what the problem is!

I fear I spoke too soon last night - and this problem was the lack of connection to the router at all.

When I typed that I had a solution, I was able to connect to my router and keep a stable connection on Channel 5 or 6 - I'd need to check, I chose one in the middle at random.

This allowed me to get through and make contact with the various media providers - Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc. and to then get through the menus to the place where I could select a movie to play.

At that point the E770W is still freezing - I either get a response "this movie is not available for download at this time" or it gets as far as "checking link speed" and then just spins and spins until it times out. Then I sometimes get a message "connection cannot be established" but when I go to the network settings I actually am connected to my router just fine.

Sigh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 195 Old 02-23-2011, 11:41 AM

Just found this advise in the Cisco boards. This is related to the Bravia TV, but likely applies to other Sony devices as well. I'll check all this when I'm home tonight:

Re: WRT400N and Bravia internet TVOptions

09-13-2009 01:42 PM

Is you Sony Bravia Internet TV is a Wired or Wireless to the Router? Once you login to the Router setup page... click on the Security tab and you need to Disable "SPI Firewall" and Uncheck "Filter Anonymous Internet Requests" and click on Save Settings..... Then click on the Setup tab and Below you need to Reduce the MTU Size from 1500 to 1365 and click on Save Settings.....

Once done then click on the Wireless tab, Under "Basic Wireless Settings"

For 5GHz : Change the "Channel Width" to 20MHz and then Change the Standard Channel to : 161-5.805GHz...

For 2.4GHz : Change the Channel Width to 20MHz and then change the Standard Channel to : 11-2.462GHz and click on Save Settings...

Then click on the Sub tab "Advance Wireless Settings" and Under 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz you need to Reduce the Becon Interval : 50, "Fragmentation Threshold : 2201" , and "RTS Threshold: 2202" and click on Save Settings....

Now Power Cycle your Network.... Unplug the Power from the Router and Modem, wait for 30seconds and then first plug the power to the Modem , wait till all the lights are Solid then plug the power to the Linksys Router.... and then Turn on your Internet TV... and check if its working fine.
post #153 of 195 Old 02-23-2011, 03:37 PM

my only problem is loosing sound from the rear speakers..my router is my issue..i am on channel 11 now, so will give that a try and will keep trying different channels until it works.
post #154 of 195 Old 02-23-2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:

my only problem is loosing sound from the rear speakers..my router is my issue..i am on channel 11 now, so will give that a try and will keep trying different channels until it works.

Response to all this from the better half last night was "This is 2011, shouldn't all this stuff just work?!?"
post #155 of 195 Old 02-24-2011, 07:12 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by milepig View Post
Response to all this from the better half last night was "This is 2011, shouldn't all this stuff just work?!?"
Couldn't agree more with your better half! If the problems we're having are due to set up issues of the AVR, routers etc. and not faulty software/hardware, the issues should be detected AND FIXED automatically by the software of each component... It is 2011 darn it (oh and since we're at it, we should have had flying cars by now too, no?).
post #156 of 195 Old 02-24-2011, 06:58 PM

well I put my router on channel 10. I Have no audio loss at all any more! I cannot believe it was this easy to fix and only wish sony would have told me to do this on one of my 15 phone calls in to them over the past 8 months.
post #157 of 195 Old 02-25-2011, 08:08 AM

Quote:

well I put my router on channel 10. I Have no audio loss at all any more! I cannot believe it was this easy to fix and only wish sony would have told me to do this on one of my 15 phone calls in to them over the past 8 months.

I didn't have time to play around with my router settings last night, so this is on my weekend agenda. Glad to hear Channel 10 worked for you - were you actually able to stream videos??

I finally got through to an actual video last night- after 5-10 minutes of looking at "checking link speed", but then it was about a ratio of 10 seconds of video followed by 5-6 minutes of "loading content...". So, still unusable.

Someone pointed me to inSSIDer, which scans and reports all kinds of things about your network, including which Channels are detected as in use, and the advice is that you set your router to a channel that isn't otherwise detected - seems like it can't hurt. Here's the link:

http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/

I think my choosing a middle Channel at random was a mistake since apparently routers are commonly pre-set to 5 or 6 so those are typically in use. 1 or 11 is often recommended since the broadcast ranges overlap, and with 1 and 11 on the outside edges you get less chance of interference from adjacent channels in use. All these are things I never in my life thought I'd need to know! Why is it every other device I've placed on my network just works with the router's factory settings and suddenly I need a graduate degree in wifi technology to make the SONY work! "Mayhem and foolishness!"
post #158 of 195 Old 02-25-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milepig View Post

Just found this advise in the Cisco boards. This is related to the Bravia TV, but likely applies to other Sony devices as well. I'll check all this when I'm home tonight:

Re: WRT400N and Bravia internet TVOptions

09-13-2009 01:42 PM

Is you Sony Bravia Internet TV is a Wired or Wireless to the Router? Once you login to the Router setup page... click on the Security tab and you need to Disable "SPI Firewall" and Uncheck "Filter Anonymous Internet Requests" and click on Save Settings..... Then click on the Setup tab and Below you need to Reduce the MTU Size from 1500 to 1365 and click on Save Settings.....

Once done then click on the Wireless tab, Under "Basic Wireless Settings"

For 5GHz : Change the "Channel Width" to 20MHz and then Change the Standard Channel to : 161-5.805GHz...

For 2.4GHz : Change the Channel Width to 20MHz and then change the Standard Channel to : 11-2.462GHz and click on Save Settings...

Then click on the Sub tab "Advance Wireless Settings" and Under 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz you need to Reduce the Becon Interval : 50, "Fragmentation Threshold : 2201" , and "RTS Threshold: 2202" and click on Save Settings....

Now Power Cycle your Network.... Unplug the Power from the Router and Modem, wait for 30seconds and then first plug the power to the Modem , wait till all the lights are Solid then plug the power to the Linksys Router.... and then Turn on your Internet TV... and check if its working fine.

I made all the above changes tonight, and thus far the operation was a success. I played with several channels, and found that the Sony killled Channel 3 every time - I'm guessing 2 and 4 would also be bad since channels overlap a bit. Using inSSIDer, I found that I had no empty channels, asI found 4-5 routers on every single one. I finally settled on 10, and thus far it's working perfectly.

Haven't yet found any degregation on any of my other devices after all the above changes, but I'm not going to call a full success for several days. Still, this is the first time I've ever been able to watch Netflix on a Friday evening.
post #159 of 195 Old 02-25-2011, 08:05 PM

i have a linksys dual band router. I dedicate the 5ghz channel for the tv only so it always works fine, i never have freezing or loading issues. My only issue was with the rear speakers dropping out on the 2.4ghz band. My router was set on auto before, but now i dedicated it to channel 10 only and am still running without any loss of sound. Hope it works for you too!
post #160 of 195 Old 02-28-2011, 11:34 AM

Making the changes listed above has pretty much completely solved my lack of connection problem.

The periodic problem with gaining access to video continues. Yesterday we watched about 2 1/2 hours of video without a problem, after which I was unable to get anything started for the next four hours, including later in the evening when traffic on the servers should have been down.

From other conversations, I believe SONY is delivering the streaming content from their own servers, and I'm wondering if they throttle you after a certain number of downloads??
post #161 of 195 Old 03-05-2011, 01:32 AM

Recently i purchased this unit from bestbuy private market place through auction(its look like brand new probably display model with some wear on sub-woofer only-thing missing Setup Disk)

I have 25" samsung tv+monitor.(iam getting 55hx800 this week)

I don't have cable connection so i use digital antenna directly.i connected optical cable from tv to bd. video cable from bd to tv.

no other connection.i have xbox/ps3/pc connected to monitor using hdmi. if i want to watch blueray/dvd then will interchange hdmi. Now iam having same issue as other muting problem.
if i start tv and unit same time i dont have any problem with sound. once i change channel on tv i need too power cycle unit.

MY HDMI settings on unit are off.

i read few others have same issue with cable connection. did any one got solution/suggestion for this? want to check here before going to sony. Also any one has idea can i get warranty on this what they will check if i contact sony?
post #162 of 195 Old 03-05-2011, 10:02 AM

I just purchased the BDVE770W and have a few questions. I have the DishNetwork HD and am using the LG 42LE5300 TV. Should i run the optical cable from my Dish receiver optical out to the Sony? When i do it runs in Dolby Digital . If i hook it up from the TV optical out it says LPCM and i have to than set the Sony to Dolby Prologic to sound right. Whats the best way? Also in the options for audio whats the difference between HDMI/Speakers vs Speakers?. When watching movies should i leave the sound on auto? or ProLogic II movie?. IM assuming when i get a PS3 hooked up to the TV via/HDMI i'll have to have the optical audio hooked up from the TV to HTIB?
post #163 of 195 Old 03-06-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teluguone12 View Post
Recently i purchased this unit from bestbuy private market place through auction(its look like brand new probably display model with some wear on sub-woofer only-thing missing Setup Disk)

I have 25" samsung tv+monitor.(iam getting 55hx800 this week)

I don't have cable connection so i use digital antenna directly.i connected optical cable from tv to bd. video cable from bd to tv.

no other connection.i have xbox/ps3/pc connected to monitor using hdmi. if i want to watch blueray/dvd then will interchange hdmi. Now iam having same issue as other muting problem.
if i start tv and unit same time i dont have any problem with sound. once i change channel on tv i need too power cycle unit.

MY HDMI settings on unit are off.

i read few others have same issue with cable connection. did any one got solution/suggestion for this? want to check here before going to sony. Also any one has idea can i get warranty on this what they will check if i contact sony?
Question: Does the problem happen with every channel change or only on certain ones? I had this issue with a Comcast Motorola DVR when changing between channels of different resolution - 720p (eg ABC, ESPN, FOX) to 1080i (CBS, NBC, TNT, etc). Something locks up the audio in the theater during the HDMI re-negotiation to new resolution and so far Sony hasn't had an answer for it. My workaround at this point has been to fix the output resolution of the DVR to 1080i and the problem ceases. This obviously isn't an option for you with OTA reception. You may want to check that the firmware is up to date on theater tho the last one didn't make any difference for me on this prob.
post #164 of 195 Old 03-06-2011, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith10210 View Post

I just purchased the BDVE770W and have a few questions. I have the DishNetwork HD and am using the LG 42LE5300 TV. Should i run the optical cable from my Dish receiver optical out to the Sony? When i do it runs in Dolby Digital . If i hook it up from the TV optical out it says LPCM and i have to than set the Sony to Dolby Prologic to sound right. Whats the best way? Also in the options for audio whats the difference between HDMI/Speakers vs Speakers?. When watching movies should i leave the sound on auto? or ProLogic II movie?. IM assuming when i get a PS3 hooked up to the TV via/HDMI i'll have to have the optical audio hooked up from the TV to HTIB?

When I tried optical connection from TV (KDL-60EX700) to theater the lip synch was too objectionable and wouldn't resolve with delay setting adjustment. I found best result with ARC over the HDMI cable between blu ray and TV. Your LG set may or may not support this option.
post #165 of 195 Old 03-06-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jff6791 View Post

When I tried optical connection from TV (KDL-60EX700) to theater the lip synch was too objectionable and wouldn't resolve with delay setting adjustment. I found best result with ARC over the HDMI cable between blu ray and TV. Your LG set may or may not support this option.

I dont think my LG has that feature i couldn't find any info on it.
post #166 of 195 Old 03-06-2011, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by smith10210 View Post

I just purchased the BDVE770W and have a few questions. I have the DishNetwork HD and am using the LG 42LE5300 TV. Should i run the optical cable from my Dish receiver optical out to the Sony? When i do it runs in Dolby Digital . If i hook it up from the TV optical out it says LPCM and i have to than set the Sony to Dolby Prologic to sound right. Whats the best way?

Hi smith10210, most tv "Digital Audio Out" port will downmix to 2Ch stereo and does not allow DD 5.1 to pass through unless its from the internal tuner for OTA. So as far as best way, it depend what sound best to your ears either Dolby Digital or Dolby Prologic.

Quote:

Also in the options for audio whats the difference between HDMI/Speakers vs Speakers?

This is a setting to allow audio to come out of tv speaker w/connected speakers vs connected speakers.

Quote:

I dont think my LG has that feature i couldn't find any info on it.

Your LG HDTV is a HDMI 1.3 so it does not have ARC (Audio Return Channel).
post #167 of 195 Old 03-06-2011, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jff6791 View Post

Question: Does the problem happen with every channel change or only on certain ones? I had this issue with a Comcast Motorola DVR when changing between channels of different resolution - 720p (eg ABC, ESPN, FOX) to 1080i (CBS, NBC, TNT, etc). Something locks up the audio in the theater during the HDMI re-negotiation to new resolution and so far Sony hasn't had an answer for it. My workaround at this point has been to fix the output resolution of the DVR to 1080i and the problem ceases. This obviously isn't an option for you with OTA reception. You may want to check that the firmware is up to date on theater tho the last one didn't make any difference for me on this prob.

Thanks for reply.
what ever channel iam on when i turned on both systems it works fine..and then the problem arises once i switch channel..literally for all channels.also currently i connected my pc/xbox/ps3 to this TV using HDMI box(3 in and one out).so when ever i change source also i don't get sound until i restart theater. I updated firmware to 752 immediately after setup.that doesn't fix issue.
Tomorrow or Tuesday my 55hx800 will be delivered. can you suggest whats the best possible setup for this theater. Actually i do have STRDG720 receiver(not opened yet) but i dont know how to integrate these two.
Below is my scenario:
TV: 55HX800
Cable: don't have one currently, will use Digital antenna for OTA. Planning to subscribe for dish in near future.
Devices: Desktop PC,Xbox 360,PS3
BDV-E770W and STRDG720 systems.
post #168 of 195 Old 03-07-2011, 06:20 AM

How I do it is I run everything to my TV via hdmi. If all your components are hdmi 1.4 you should be fine just running HDMI. Your TV I am sure will be 1.4. My TV is not 1.4 so in my case, I then run an optical cable from my tv (out) to the bdv unit (in). Only my BDV is HDMI 1.4, so I have to use optical for audio. It works fine for me and is pretty much the only option to get all of my component's audio to come through the BDV. I wonder if a firmware upgrade in the future can bring the hdmi from 1.3 to 1.4 for my tv? That would be nice!

Also, that sony tv, 55hx800, I know it is 3d, but is it 3d ready only where you need to buy additional equipment? I saw this tv at costco the other day and it said that it is 3d ready only, but was kind of confusing. Anyway, there is a store near me called brandsmart that just got the KDL55EX720 which is 3D, not 3D ready for $1799. It is nice tv to say the least!
post #169 of 195 Old 03-07-2011, 08:42 AM

yes 55hx800 is 3d ready got it for 1500 through sonyrewards site.i bought 3d receiver and glasses(which added 150).

don't you face muting/freezing problem when you ran through optical for other components. Iam facing this issue when i change channels on my current tv/ change source for HDMI.

And iam not sure if my pc/ps3/xbox support hdmi 1.4.have to check that.
post #170 of 195 Old 03-07-2011, 08:57 AM

Never had a freezing/muting issue. Everything connected via hdmi except my Wii, which i run with a composite cable to the tv. Then use the optical to the bdv. Everything works fine, with my hitachi. however, I bought a new samsung which will be here friday so I will see if same happens. Samsung I got is not 1.4 either, so I have to use optical as well. It is for a bedroom, but for the time being I want to use it with the bdv as I sold my hitachi. The audio would just pass through from my tv to the bdv. No lip sync issues either, was working just fine. Why would you even have freezing this way? Makes no sense.
post #171 of 195 Old 03-07-2011, 09:07 AM

iam not the only one having this issue.some one posted same problem in initial posts of this thread.
For my current tv i have one hdmi one composite one component. so iam using hdmi switch for all my devices untill i get my 55hx which has 4 hdmi i think.
and i connected bd to tv using video cable(composite) to see menu and tv optical out to BD in. when i turn on tv and then BD sound works fine. if i change channel/ source to hdmi then it freezes with no sound. i have to restart bd to get audio back. few people able to resolve this by changing video output. but for me as iam using OTA i dont have this option.
post #172 of 195 Old 03-07-2011, 09:25 AM

I have dishnetwork dvr. I run that to my tv, the bdv, the 2nd dvd/vcr player combo i have all through hdmi. The wii through component cables. Then tv to bdv for audio using optical. Never any freezing issues. Only issue i had was with wireless speakers dropping sound, but changing channel on my router fixed that, was interference. Obviously your problem is occurring with your connections somewhere. If you were able to do as I do, I would not think you would have this issue, but I know you cannot. Hopefully the new sony can resolve this issue somehow.
post #173 of 195 Old 03-07-2011, 09:37 AM

iam also hoping for same..my new TV scheduled to deliver tomorrow. Will post my results.one final question as i mentioned i have another system STRDG720.

is there any way i can integrate STRDG720 with bd ? or iam good to get-rid of that.
post #174 of 195 Old 03-07-2011, 09:44 AM

I am not familiar with the strdg720, so just wait and see. make sure you have a 1.4hdmi cable to try with the new tv to the bdv.
post #175 of 195 Old 03-07-2011, 09:53 AM

Yup i have everything ready 3d reciever, 3d movies(shrek 1-3), new hdmi 1.4 cable, glasses. Will get cable in couple of months. Thanks for sharing info. will post my results tomorrow how it worked..
post #176 of 195 Old 03-08-2011, 07:24 PM

I received my TV and I setup everything using HDMI..Now no problem with muting/freezing..Thanks for all your support...
post #177 of 195 Old 03-17-2011, 11:12 AM

An added tip. I've found that when my Netflix stream starts to stop and start fequently it seems to help if I back out all the way and reconnect with the server via the Network Settings. Maybe coincidence, but each time I've done this my stream has returned to normal, and I figure it can't hurt!
post #178 of 195 Old 03-19-2011, 01:19 PM

Well, after finally getting everything sort of working, the whole thing just flaked out last night. Nothing but continual "please wait" blinking on the front panel. After 90 minutes with Sony customer support, the only option is to return it for service. I went ahead and completed the forms, but I think I'll more likely just throw the whole thing in the trash, since I'll only continue to swear at this POS when I get it back. Such a waste of time money and effort over a machine that is just plain badly engineered from the git go.
post #179 of 195 Old 04-15-2011, 05:59 PM

Hey everyone,

I recently bought this BDV-E770w HTIB and I was curious about audio selectors as this unit only has the HDMI out. I have a XBOX 360, the BD player from the HTIB and my comcast box hooked up to my tv, which is a KDL-EX500.

I was told I only get the true surround sound playing discs in the BD player, and to get the true surround for my 360 and comcast box that I would need a audio selector or a fiber optic splitter. Right now my BD player from the HTIB is HDMI to the TV and I have a fiber optic from the player to the TV as well.

I was checking out an audio selector on Amazon that allows up to three tos link/fibers to be hooked up to it. I was wondering if this would solve my problem and give me true surround on my 360 and while watching television on comcast.

I greatly apriciate any help and advice!
post #180 of 195 Old 04-18-2011, 07:50 PM

Does anyone here know if BDV-E770W can playback 3D movie files via USB?

All I can find online is that it supports ASF, WMV, AVCHD, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, MKV, but no specifics on support of 3D movie files. My guess is that it does, but I just want to make sure before I pull the trigger.

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Reply Home Theater In A Box

Tags
Sony

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page