Official Panasonic BT270/370/770 Owner's Thread - Page 11 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #301 of 316 Old 08-18-2012, 02:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Don't know why you are mad at panasonic. This series does not support DLNA. I looked for it on my 370 the other day and nothing, and it's not listed on the site.

http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/SC-BTT370?t=specs&support#tabs

My 110 BD player does support it but it's a bit limited compared to my ST30 tv.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 316 Old 08-18-2012, 06:14 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by whipit View Post

Don't know why you are mad at panasonic. This series does not support DLNA. I looked for it on my 370 the other day and nothing, and it's not listed on the site.
http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/SC-BTT370?t=specs&support#tabs
My 110 BD player does support it but it's a bit limited compared to my ST30 tv.

My friend, I am not a liar. The BTT-270 DOES support DLNA. The spec in the manual says so.

DLNA works on my machine with music and photos, and even plays DVD video. Only mkv and avi do not work. Yet they do off USB.

This is a Panasonic issue, I assure you, HENCE WHY I AM MAD AT THEM.
post #303 of 316 Old 08-19-2012, 03:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 59
This is a USA based site and our systems don't have the DLNA function but I found out that the European units do. Sorry I didn't know they supported that. I can understand your frustration about the broken service.

Another feature missing is the front usb port, the only one it has is on the back.
post #304 of 316 Old 11-19-2012, 08:55 PM

Hi

Can someone please tell me which one of the below is USA version? What is the difference between these versions?

SC-BTT370EB
SC-BTT370EG
SC-BTT370EP
SC-BTT370GN
SC-BTT370P
SC-BTT370PC
SC-BTT370PX

Thanks in advance!
post #305 of 316 Old 11-28-2012, 05:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Very glad I found this thread!

Hi, I got the 370 about a year ago (in the UK) and it's perfect (well the digital sound card degraded or something and it had to be replaced but apart from that it's been perfect), but I'm having issues connecting my Mac Mini to the HDMI inputs. Once connected, every 2-5 seconds the picture suddenly drops, as if it's lost signal (it goes through the whole "HDMI 1 - WIDE - 1080p" before the picture suddenly comes on again, but it's literally constant. I don't get more than 5 seconds of picture before it happens again. I restarted the Mini and the funny thing is whilst it is starting up (as in on the white screen with the Apple logo) the picture remains on, but as soon as I get to the login screen it starts to drop out again. I apparently can't get surround sound from my Mac Mini (2011 model) any other way, and both the Mac and the 370 are fully updated to the latest firmware. Does anyone else know of an issue like this? I don't have another Apple product to test it with, but my mum's Windows laptop works perfectly with it so it's obviously not the 370 itself.

Any help would be incredibly appreciated!
post #306 of 316 Old 08-11-2013, 01:17 PM

hi!

Just wondering if there is any way to connect external speakers to the BTT770. We would like to play from the system while outside. Appreciate any help! thanks
post #307 of 316 Old 08-11-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doders View Post

hi!

Just wondering if there is any way to connect external speakers to the BTT770.  We would like to play from the system while outside.  Appreciate any help! thanks

because of the proprietary connectors, not easily or inexpensively. The only way i know is:

1. Get another SH-FX71 wireless receiver ($100 at Amazon)

2. Get two additional speakers 

3. Get 2 of the Panasonic proprietary speaker wire w/ connectors (from either Panasonic support or Ebay)

Hook it all up and plug receiver into outdoor outlet. The receiver will connect to the 770 and you'll have it. Pricey but the only way I know to do it.
post #308 of 316 Old 08-25-2013, 06:20 AM

The 270 is shipping from Amazon and the 370 from some Amazon resellers. thank you mZjw
post #309 of 316 Old 11-16-2013, 07:57 PM - Thread Starter

Anyone having problems with BR discs freezing and/or not playing properly? I've tried three different discs and all three freeze before not too long. The the whole system slows to a halt and I have to turn it off. I thought it was certain discs but it seems like it's a unit issue.
post #310 of 316 Old 01-02-2014, 07:59 PM

I have a Panasonic SC-BTT270 3D Blu-Ray 5.1 sound, Home Theatre in a Box player running through a Panasonic TX-P42UT30 3D TV set. The TV has a built in HD DVB tuner but I use my Virgin cable HD Box for all my TV usage. The Blu-Ray player only has the one HDMI socket which is also ARC capable. The TV has 3 HDMI sockets of which only number 2 is ARC capable. The Virgin HD digibox also has just the one HDMI socket which is not ARC capable. I have an HDMI-ARC lead running from the Blu-Ray player to HDMI 2 and this is set to the ARC setting instead of the Digital Optical one. I also have an HDMI lead running from HDMI 1 on the TV to the HDMI connection of the Virgin digibox which also has an Optical lead running from it to the Blu-Ray player optical socket. While going through the Blu-Ray players Settings menu I noticed in the sound screen the options for Bitstream or PCM sound on three different options and a box below explaining that if I chose PCM then I should switch on or off the bottom box which I can't remember the name of the option now.
While going through my various sound options on all three units I noticed in the Virgin digibox sound and vision settings that the vision setting was set at 720 and as the TV is 1080 capable I changed this accordingly, also the sound setting was set at Stereo which I changed to Dolby but when I went back to the TV I found that I had 5.1 sound on all the normal channels but the only HD channel with any sound at all was ITV1. The only way the to correct this I found was to go into the Virgin box settings and change the audio setting back to Stereo, when I did this I had sound on all TV channels. The sound setting I use on the Blu-Ray player is Digital Dolby II Movie and I will hasten to say that sound comes through all 5 speakers and the sub woofer when watching TV even though it is set on stereo in the Virgin box.
It all appears to work as it should but I still have a doubt and with the multitude of sound and vision options I have in the TV, Blu-Ray and Digibox I thought I should ask here for some advice into how to set it all up to enjoy the optimum sound experience with what I have and also whether I should use the Bitstream or PCM option. Thanks in advance for any help/advice offered.
post #311 of 316 Old 01-21-2014, 07:12 AM

Does anyone know the IR code to make the DVD playback region free?

post #312 of 316 Old 04-09-2014, 04:32 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
So Panasonic released a software update for the 370 & 770 yesterday. It's now running version 1.59. I figured this thing would never receive another software update since this is the 1st update in months!
post #313 of 316 Old 04-09-2014, 04:50 PM

Same here....I thought updates were over for my 370. It says the update included a Netflix update. I was hoping it might update to the new separate user accounts for family accounts but after logging into Netflix on the 370 I can't see any difference.
post #314 of 316 Old 04-09-2014, 06:47 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by atfree View Post

Same here....I thought updates were over for my 370. It says the update included a Netflix update. I was hoping it might update to the new separate user accounts for family accounts but after logging into Netflix on the 370 I can't see any difference.
I wish this update addressed what audio can be inputted to the HDMI jacks. Would really like it if it accepted Dolby Digital Plus.
post #315 of 316 Old 06-18-2014, 07:41 AM

I just updated my SC-BTT270 and the picture is ahead of the sound!

Has anyone else had this issue with the latest update?
post #316 of 316 Old 06-30-2014, 10:55 AM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Dyke View Post
Very glad I found this thread!<br><br>
Hi, I got the 370 about a year ago (in the UK) and it's perfect (well the digital sound card degraded or something and it had to be replaced but apart from that it's been perfect), but I'm having issues connecting my Mac Mini to the HDMI inputs. Once connected, every 2-5 seconds the picture suddenly drops, as if it's lost signal (it goes through the whole "HDMI 1 - WIDE - 1080p" before the picture suddenly comes on again, but it's literally constant. I don't get more than 5 seconds of picture before it happens again. I restarted the Mini and the funny thing is whilst it is starting up (as in on the white screen with the Apple logo) the picture remains on, but as soon as I get to the login screen it starts to drop out again. I apparently can't get surround sound from my Mac Mini (2011 model) any other way, and both the Mac and the 370 are fully updated to the latest firmware. Does anyone else know of an issue like this? I don't have another Apple product to test it with, but my mum's Windows laptop works perfectly with it so it's obviously not the 370 itself.<br><br>
Any help would be incredibly appreciated!
Hi Leslie,

Don't know if you've found the solution yet, or if you are even interested almost 2 years later! I found your post when I encountered the same problem trying to stream through the SC-BTT370 from my MacBook Pro.

Turns out it has to do with refresh rate. The SC-BTT seems to be set on a single refresh rate of 24P (24Hz). What this means is that any video input to the unit will have to match that refresh rate or experience exactly the same symptoms you describe.

My MacBook Pro display automatically sets refresh rate to 60Hz. When I connect the MacBook to the SC-BTT, I go to Display Preferences and make sure all refresh rates are 24Hz (11SP-HTIB on my system), and the streaming is seamless.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Jon
Reply Home Theater In A Box

Tags
Panasonic

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page