Official Panasonic BT270/370/770 Owner's Thread - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 316 Old 03-26-2011, 06:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Jason, what all have you watched on BR/3DBR with this? Any specific incidences of it kicking way more ass than your previous player? I'm at work and going through home theater withdraw lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 316 Old 03-26-2011, 06:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Nothing new here either. I have just positioned the rears close to my head. The more ive used this unit, the more pleased I get. Just finished watching Uconn slap around Arizona in the Elite 8 :-) and the sound quality was superb.

I think the 7.1 set up would indeed be perfect for your viewing situation. As for the glasses, Id suggest purchasing the 3D starter pack that comes with 2 glasses(the new good ones, not the crappy first generation) and the Avatar 3D BD, then just sell the Avatar DVD on ebay for $100. Basically paying for the glasses itself! Thats what I did... twice! You can find the starter packs on Amazon for cheap.

PANASONIC VT50 FOR SALE!!!!

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

post #33 of 316 Old 03-26-2011, 06:40 PM
Advanced Member

I watched Despicable Me 3D and How To Train Your Dragon 3D... still have alot of 3Ds to go through... both were superb and I couldnt be happier! Its amazing how much crisper and more clear the sound quality is with this system. I do think the 3D output from the BD player is slightly better than the PS3. Also watched my old Wrestlemania 17 DVD in 3D mode... watching Austin slap around the cRock in 3D was sweeeet!

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

post #34 of 316 Old 03-26-2011, 06:56 PM

I like the Rock

I actually do kinda dig his movies. I'll take him over Vin Diesel any day! Been wanting to see Faster for a while now...
post #35 of 316 Old 03-26-2011, 07:17 PM
Advanced Member

I actually liked a couple of his "older" movies.

Faster was garbage. Terrible movie. The new fast and furious that hes in looks decent tho.

But in the ring.... Austin is the man!

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

post #36 of 316 Old 03-26-2011, 07:44 PM

^ Yeah I mostly like him as an actor.

My (far from) expert review/first impresson is posted at BB's website. I'm the first in all teh internets! You coulda beat me to it man...
post #37 of 316 Old 03-26-2011, 07:50 PM
Advanced Member

LOL... I dont know too much about HTIB to write a review, I wouldnt have known what to say :-) but I will go see what you had to say!

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

post #38 of 316 Old 03-26-2011, 08:10 PM

Me neither , which makes it pretty damn funny. I have a "special" way with words LOL
post #39 of 316 Old 03-28-2011, 03:45 PM

Had my set calibrated by Chad B today! Finally got my home network setup, been wanting to check out vudu for a while now (not on Sony Bravia). Decided to check it out via the panny over the PS3 first, cause you know...it kicks ass and all. Vudu-->Collections-->Showcases-->NOW ON VUDU 3D-->"No results found."

WTF?? Firmware was just upgraded today...
post #40 of 316 Old 03-28-2011, 05:54 PM
Advanced Member

I'm waiting to hear back about a calibrators next trip to me area. Going to do my tv and audio. Pretty exited!

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

post #41 of 316 Old 03-30-2011, 10:03 AM

Hello-

I missed the UPS guy yesterday, but I'm anxiously waiting for his 2nd attempt any second now! I pre-ordered the SC-BTT370. I can't wait. I don't have a 3D TV but I'm excited to upgrade to a BR player!

Has anyone found a solution yet to the rear speakers? Just curious. My rear speakers are wired high and behind the listeners, so I'm wondering if they're going to be too soft. I've had excellent luck and confidence in the Panasonic brand of HTIBs so I can't wait for it to show up!

I might actually do a video review and post on youtube.

What other advanced features have you guys found that is good to set?
post #42 of 316 Old 03-30-2011, 10:35 AM

Hi, I am in the market for a new system and ran across this thread while trying to do a bit of research. I apologize in advance for the lengthy post but would appreciate any helpful information you could provide.

I have a Mitsubishi 3d ready TV with the 3d adapter, subscribe to Dish network, use a fat model PS3 for blu ray and 3d and have an ancient Onkyo for surround. There are a few other game systems hooked up as well.

Looking for an inexpensive setup that would accomplish the following:
1) Upscale all video sources to 1080p
2) Convert video sources from 2D to 3D
3) Save space and allow me to hook everything up with fewer cables (Current receiver has no HDMI)
4) Still be able to view a video signal if the receiver is not on.
5) And of course still sound great.

Does the video upscaling and 2d-3d conversion work on any HDMI video source or just the disk being played? Do you keep the 2d to 3d turned on for most of the things you watch?

I noticed talk in the earlier post that the 3d and blu ray quality was better than the PS3. Is the difference substantial enough to warrant a purchase on that feature alone?

Thanks!
post #43 of 316 Old 03-30-2011, 11:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarhead View Post

Hi, I am in the market for a new system and ran across this thread while trying to do a bit of research. I apologize in advance for the lengthy post but would appreciate any helpful information you could provide.

I have a Mitsubishi 3d ready TV with the 3d adapter, subscribe to Dish network, use a fat model PS3 for blu ray and 3d and have an ancient Onkyo for surround. There are a few other game systems hooked up as well.

Looking for an inexpensive setup that would accomplish the following:
1) Upscale all video sources to 1080p
2) Convert video sources from 2D to 3D
3) Save space and allow me to hook everything up with fewer cables (Current receiver has no HDMI)
4) Still be able to view a video signal if the receiver is not on.
5) And of course still sound great.

Does the video upscaling and 2d-3d conversion work on any HDMI video source or just the disk being played? Do you keep the 2d to 3d turned on for most of the things you watch?

I noticed talk in the earlier post that the 3d and blu ray quality was better than the PS3. Is the difference substantial enough to warrant a purchase on that feature alone?

Thanks!

The BTT770, and I believe the other 2 models, have 2 HDMI outputs, so you would be able to connect the PS3 and TV to the Panasonic receiver. If you want to play another gaming system that you have, you could directly plug into the TV itself, but wont be able to use the surround system for that gaming system.

You can still use the TV when the theater system is turned off.

Only the BD player converts 2D discs to 3D, and it is amazing!

Dont worry about the sound quality of these new Panasonics, I can assure you, the BTT770 is superb! I convinced a friend of mine to purchase one yesterday and I hooked it up for him!

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

post #44 of 316 Old 03-30-2011, 11:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparXXXie View Post

Hello-

I missed the UPS guy yesterday, but I'm anxiously waiting for his 2nd attempt any second now! I pre-ordered the SC-BTT370. I can't wait. I don't have a 3D TV but I'm excited to upgrade to a BR player!

Has anyone found a solution yet to the rear speakers? Just curious. My rear speakers are wired high and behind the listeners, so I'm wondering if they're going to be too soft. I've had excellent luck and confidence in the Panasonic brand of HTIBs so I can't wait for it to show up!

Actually, I've come to notice the sound output on the rears are acceptable. During BD playpack, they are perfectly fine. I think the issue is with television programming, which doesnt always have the best surround sound anyway, which was leading to the soft output.

Congrats on your new system, let us know your thoughts!

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

post #45 of 316 Old 03-30-2011, 11:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersoldier11 View Post

Had my set calibrated by Chad B today! Finally got my home network setup, been wanting to check out vudu for a while now (not on Sony Bravia). Decided to check it out via the panny over the PS3 first, cause you know...it kicks ass and all. Vudu-->Collections-->Showcases-->NOW ON VUDU 3D-->"No results found."

WTF?? Firmware was just upgraded today...

Whats the latest?

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

post #46 of 316 Old 04-01-2011, 11:53 PM

I just read this and am very disappointed, can others confirm if this is true or not -

"Panasonic SC-BTT770 Function Question

Just bought this system. When it powers up, it goes automatically to a Home page. This page has 9 options, such as Internet Content, FM Radio, Sound, Setup, etc. In order to listen to the input from my Comcast DVR, each time it powers up, I must select EXT In, then HDMI1 (the input for the DVR), and then wait about 5 seconds while it retrieves that inout signal. After 3 hours and 8 different CSA's, Panasonic customer service advises that is the design.

My previous HTIB systems always powered up with whatever input selection it powered down in, needing changing only if I wanted a different input. If I had last watched a DVD, it powered back up in DVD mode; last watched cable tv, it powered back up in cable mode, etc. We are finding these extra steps annoying.

Is this the standard now or has Panasonic gone off in their own world?

Thanks!"
post #47 of 316 Old 04-05-2011, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivered View Post

I just read this and am very disappointed, can others confirm if this is true or not -

Just bought this system. When it powers up, it goes automatically to a Home page. This page has 9 options, such as Internet Content, FM Radio, Sound, Setup, etc. In order to listen to the input from my Comcast DVR, each time it powers up, I must select EXT In, then HDMI1 (the input for the DVR), and then wait about 5 seconds while it retrieves that inout signal. After 3 hours and 8 different CSA's, Panasonic customer service advises that is the design.

My previous HTIB systems always powered up with whatever input selection it powered down in, needing changing only if I wanted a different input. If I had last watched a DVD, it powered back up in DVD mode; last watched cable tv, it powered back up in cable mode, etc. We are finding these extra steps annoying.

Thanks!"

Appears that this is the case. Maybe it could be fixed via firmware update, and faster if enough of us complain. I never realized how annoying this was, as this is my first HTIB or anything...thanks a lot man . Also it would be nice to name the HDMI inputs like you can on my TV and I imagine other TV's/source components as well.
post #48 of 316 Old 04-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Advanced Member

If you turn the TV on first, it shouldnt go the the HOME page. Although I have a Panasonic TV as well so maybe that has something to do with it.

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

post #49 of 316 Old 04-13-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivered View Post

Thanks!"

supersoldier11 is right. make sure that you have updated the firmware. if you turn the TV on first, the panasonic HTIB should switch automatically to HDMI1.

I have an LG TV and it works fine for me. Also, if I turn my TV off, the panasonic HTIB will also power down. I love that feature.
post #50 of 316 Old 04-13-2011, 09:28 AM

Quote:

supersoldier11 is right. make sure that you have updated the firmware. if you turn the TV on first, the panasonic HTIB should switch automatically to HDMI1.

I have an LG TV and it works fine for me. Also, if I turn my TV off, the panasonic HTIB will also power down. I love that feature.

I'll have to try this. I always turn the 770 on first cause it turns my TV on too, but takes me to the home screen for the 770. So you say if I turn the TV on, and then the 770, it'll go to whatever HDMI it was last using? That would be nice.

Would also be nice if there was some 3D content in Vudu on this thing. Anybody check recently?
post #51 of 316 Old 04-13-2011, 09:42 AM

Quote:

Hello-

I love my Panasonic SC-BTT370. It's a pretty awesome system. It sounds GREAT. I love the powerful sub woofer and the clarify of the sound. The picture also is stunning. I'm blown away by the color depth and clarity.

One problem I'm having...I'm getting some flickering, mostly during Netflix playback. I need to see if it's occurring during bluray movies or not. Has anyone else seen any flickering?

It could be my cable. I re-seated the cables hoping that maybe it would fix it, but it didn't. It could also be one of the HDMI inputs on my television.

I bought a pretty high-quality cable running between the HTIB and my TV. I believe it's HDMI 1.4 cable, even though my TV is only HDMI 1.3. I might try a 1.3 cable to see if that improves it.

It also could be a setting on the HTIB? Wikipedia shows that my TV should support everything up to 1.4 but not ethernet channel, ARC, and 4K x 2k.

My TV should support 24p? I don't see that listed anywhere. I know my TV is 120Hz, deep color, led, and looking at wikipedia 24p is pretty standard for BD.

I turned off Viera Link, since I don't have a panasonic TV. No change.

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
post #52 of 316 Old 04-13-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:

I'll have to try this. I always turn the 770 on first cause it turns my TV on too, but takes me to the home screen for the 770. So you say if I turn the TV on, and then the 770, it'll go to whatever HDMI it was last using? That would be nice.

Would also be nice if there was some 3D content in Vudu on this thing. Anybody check recently?

I believe it will switch to whatever port is sending traffic. my TV is optical in, and it always switches to that. but it should do the same with HDMI. It works well.

And like i said, when i turn my TV off, it turns off the HTIB, too. one button.
post #53 of 316 Old 04-13-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:

And like i said, when i turn my TV off, it turns off the HTIB, too. one button.

Got this part. Turning the HTIB on first turns my TV on too, one button. But then I gotta pick which input I want. I think I'd much rather push two buttons and be on my desired input... I'll give it a whirl when I get home.

Side note... does your "input" button at the top do anything?
post #54 of 316 Old 04-13-2011, 01:30 PM

Quote:

Got this part. Turning the HTIB on first turns my TV on too, one button. But then I gotta pick which input I want. I think I'd much rather push two buttons and be on my desired input... I'll give it a whirl when I get home.

Side note... does your "input" button at the top do anything?

haha. yes. but do you mean during power up?
post #55 of 316 Old 04-13-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:

haha. yes. but do you mean during power up?

No, in general. Every time I press it it does nothing. I suppose another once-through of the user manual couldn't hurt lol.
post #56 of 316 Old 04-14-2011, 01:30 PM

Turned tv on first...HTIB powers up and goes to the home screen. PS3 (HDMI-2) was off, and only Directv HR-24 (HDMI-1) should be giving "traffic". I'm lost. It's really not a big deal, as I continue to be more than impressed with the PQ from the player and the sound is more than great for my apartment. Like I said though, I'll be re-reading the user manual when I get done some of the million+1 other things on my to-do list.
post #57 of 316 Old 04-14-2011, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Turned tv on first...HTIB powers up and goes to the home screen. PS3 (HDMI-2) was off, and only Directv HR-24 (HDMI-1) should be giving "traffic". I'm lost. It's really not a big deal, as I continue to be more than impressed with the PQ from the player and the sound is more than great for my apartment. Like I said though, I'll be re-reading the user manual when I get done some of the million+1 other things on my to-do list.
hmmmm...interesting. hopefully some of these small issues will be fixed soon. did you open a bug report?

turns out...that input button does do nothing. let me know if you read something in the manual about it.

still haven't investigated my flickering issue. watching netflix now with the flickering problem. i'll be looking at that tomorrow night.
post #58 of 316 Old 04-15-2011, 11:53 AM

So I figured this out. The Panasonic supports HDMI 1.4 but my television doesn't. If I used the HDMI 1.4 cable, I got flickering, both with some bluray movies and with netflix. I never did see *ANY* flickering playing my xbox 360. I'm not exactly sure why that is.

I moved the 1.4 cable to a different HDMI port on my TV and it did the same thing. I replaced the cable with a 1.3a cable, and no flickering.

If anyone else runs into this issue, I would make sure to purchase a 1.3a HDMI cable if your TV does not support 1.4.
post #59 of 316 Old 04-15-2011, 11:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
turns out...that input button does do nothing. let me know if you read something in the manual about it.
It actually changes the Input on my TV, it probably only works for Panasonics though as I have a Panasonic VT25

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

post #60 of 316 Old 04-16-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:

So I figured this out. The Panasonic supports HDMI 1.4 but my television doesn't. If I used the HDMI 1.4 cable, I got flickering, both with some bluray movies and with netflix. I never did see *ANY* flickering playing my xbox 360. I'm not exactly sure why that is.

I moved the 1.4 cable to a different HDMI port on my TV and it did the same thing. I replaced the cable with a 1.3a cable, and no flickering.

If anyone else runs into this issue, I would make sure to purchase a 1.3a HDMI cable if your TV does not support 1.4.

I spoke too soon. This did not fix my problem. I'm still getting flickering with DVD/BD/Netflix. I'm about 100% it is not the TV. Does anyone have any advice or should I RMA the unit?
Reply Home Theater In A Box

Tags
Panasonic

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page