Official Panasonic BT270/370/770 Owner's Thread - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 316 Old 04-25-2011, 08:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just set up my SC-BTT370 Today. Watched "We were solders" and "X-men." I am impressed with the mids and highs of this system, but not overly impressed with the bass. It gives a little rumble, but nothing that makes me jump out of my seat or that I can feel in the seam of my pants... Have gotten much better out of earlier models in the same class. I think the rear surround gives off just about as much bass.

This is contrary to all of the other opinions I have read. Could there be something I am doing wrong here that would only impact the bass???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 316 Old 04-25-2011, 11:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 79
What settings are you using? What do you have the bass level at? The db level? Tinker with the settings. Bump up these settings and I think you will notice significant bass improvements. I also have the Equalizer set to "heavy" to add a little more punch. Some of the settings might be different since I have the 770 model, I'm not sure exactly what settings you have but I assume they would be the same. In the end, you should get vibrating bass from the sub, atleast I do.

PANASONIC VT50 FOR SALE!!!!

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

post #63 of 316 Old 05-02-2011, 09:45 PM

Got my BTT370 last week but my plasma won't be delivered until May 25. Have it hooked up to one of my 24" wide HD LCD computer monitors in the meanwhile.

I bought one of the (supposedly) only two USB webcams (admittedly the cheaper one) that will work with the BTT370 and/or TC-P65ST30. Wanting to check for defects sooner than later, I hooked up the Freetalk webcam to the HTIB...it recognized a device was plugged in and Skype tried its best to display something...but it only shows a black screen. Unplugging the webcam brings up a message indicating that the disconnect was detected.

Contacted merchant...they sent another, no charge. It was shipped to my work. I was impatient so I unboxed it there and plugged it into my PC, pulled up Skype and got a great pic. Oddly, though, when I got home and plugged it into my BTT370...same deal...Skype on the HTIB detects the webcam but shows a black image.

Any ideas?
post #64 of 316 Old 05-03-2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jconjason View Post

If you turn the TV on first, it shouldnt go the the HOME page. Although I have a Panasonic TV as well so maybe that has something to do with it.

I was the original post on another thread talking about the Home screen issue. We have an LG Tv and turning the tv on first does not solve the problem.
post #65 of 316 Old 05-03-2011, 05:49 PM

As mentioned below, I too am experiencing some flickering, but only during Netflix streaming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparXXXie View Post

One problem I'm having...I'm getting some flickering, mostly during Netflix playback. I need to see if it's occurring during bluray movies or not. Has anyone else seen any flickering?

It could be my cable. I re-seated the cables hoping that maybe it would fix it, but it didn't. It could also be one of the HDMI inputs on my television.

I bought a pretty high-quality cable running between the HTIB and my TV. I believe it's HDMI 1.4 cable, even though my TV is only HDMI 1.3. I might try a 1.3 cable to see if that improves it.

It also could be a setting on the HTIB? Wikipedia shows that my TV should support everything up to 1.4 but not ethernet channel, ARC, and 4K x 2k.

My TV should support 24p? I don't see that listed anywhere. I know my TV is 120Hz, deep color, led, and looking at wikipedia 24p is pretty standard for BD.

I turned off Viera Link, since I don't have a panasonic TV. No change.

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

post #66 of 316 Old 05-03-2011, 10:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutjenn View Post

I was the original post on another thread talking about the Home screen issue. We have an LG Tv and turning the tv on first does not solve the problem.

I have no issues with it going to the HOME screen first, it always goes to the DirecTV input.

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

post #67 of 316 Old 05-03-2011, 10:39 PM
Advanced Member

Those of you with the "flickering" what type of HDMI cable are you using? Just because you say its "Pretty high quality" doesnt really mean much. Price doesnt mean quality. You can purchase $7 cables from monoprice that are just as reliable, if not better than $100 Monster cables. It all depends in the badwidth rates of the cable.

These are the HDMI cables I use for my system with no flickering or any other issues at all... and they are 3D capable as well... http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...=2#description

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

post #68 of 316 Old 05-04-2011, 04:20 AM

Quote:

I have no issues with it going to the HOME screen first, it always goes to the DirecTV input.

What kind of tv do you have? Which input are you using for your DirectTv box?
post #69 of 316 Old 05-04-2011, 04:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

What kind of tv do you have? Which input are you using for your DirectTv box?

Panasonic TCP50VT25 3D Plasma. I have the DirecTV HD DVR going to the SCBTT770 INPUT 1(INPUT 2 is used by my PS3). I have my TV connected to the SCBTT770 OUTPUT(theres only one available on the receiver). All 3 are connected via the HDMI cables i linked to in my previous post.

When I turn the system on, I always turn the TV on first using the SCBTT770 remote by pressing the red TV button, I then press the red power button directly to the left of that button to power on the receiver.(I never turn off the DirecTV DVR)

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

post #70 of 316 Old 05-05-2011, 07:06 PM

Hey fellas! I just bought the 770 system only a few days ago from amazon and ALREADY I'm having problems that shouldn't happen to a brand new system! In a nutshell..it seems that the speakers work when they want to. No sound comes from the sound woofer, surround speakers, or center speaker and have NO idea why. It just seemed to have died...Any suggestions any of you may have would be appreciated...Don't know how to get my sound back..it's frustrating...
post #71 of 316 Old 05-05-2011, 11:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolDre View Post

Hey fellas! I just bought the 770 system only a few days ago from amazon and ALREADY I'm having problems that shouldn't happen to a brand new system! In a nutshell..it seems that the speakers work when they want to. No sound comes from the sound woofer, surround speakers, or center speaker and have NO idea why. It just seemed to have died...Any suggestions any of you may have would be appreciated...Don't know how to get my sound back..it's frustrating...

More information would be needed to determine if you have a problem and diagnose that problem if you do have one. You are being very vague.

To help determine if there is indeed a problem, try this to check that each speaker is set up properly..

From the HOME screen, select Others, Setup, Audio, Speaker... And click on the Test tab and listen to make sure sound comes from each speaker as its highlighted on your television screen. If each speaker outputs sound as its highlighted, it should work properly during normal viewing. If you dont hear sound properly during the test, then you did not properly hook up the speakers.

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

post #72 of 316 Old 05-06-2011, 12:01 AM

Liked: 12
I just got the stand alone 210 BD player and it does the flickering on netflix as well.
post #73 of 316 Old 05-06-2011, 06:56 AM

Funny that you mentioned the audio check because last time I had the system on, it was working fine, which was about 3 days ago. Speakers are hooked up properly. NOW all of a sudden, cut the system back on, and when I did do the audio check, no sound comes from the center, rear, and subwoofer at all. All I did was cut the system on after 3 days of non use. Like I said, it's almost like it died...How can that happen to something so new? Do I need to set it up all over again or something?
post #74 of 316 Old 05-06-2011, 08:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Funny that you mentioned the audio check because last time I had the system on, it was working fine, which was about 3 days ago. Speakers are hooked up properly. NOW all of a sudden, cut the system back on, and when I did do the audio check, no sound comes from the center, rear, and subwoofer at all. All I did was cut the system on after 3 days of non use. Like I said, it's almost like it died...How can that happen to something so new? Do I need to set it up all over again or something?

Id rehook them up, something wasnt done properly, maybe a loose wire somewhere, or something, but you defintely need to start over with the speaker wiring and set up.

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

post #75 of 316 Old 05-06-2011, 01:40 PM

Quote:

Panasonic TCP50VT25 3D Plasma. I have the DirecTV HD DVR going to the SCBTT770 INPUT 1(INPUT 2 is used by my PS3). I have my TV connected to the SCBTT770 OUTPUT(theres only one available on the receiver). All 3 are connected via the HDMI cables i linked to in my previous post.

When I turn the system on, I always turn the TV on first using the SCBTT770 remote by pressing the red TV button, I then press the red power button directly to the left of that button to power on the receiver.(I never turn off the DirecTV DVR)

The red TV power button will not operate my LG TV. Wondering if that's the key ....
post #76 of 316 Old 05-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

The red TV power button will not operate my LG TV. Wondering if that's the key ....

It might be! Have you contacted Panasonic about this? They might have a better idea than I do. Sorry I couldn't help you!

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

post #77 of 316 Old 05-08-2011, 05:50 PM

After calling Panasonic tech support I've gotten my speakers to work properly, BUT I still don't hear hardly anything from the subwoofer..evn when there is an explosion. is there a specific mode where it works best? I use Dolby Music mode..Which mode would you guys say is best overall?
post #78 of 316 Old 05-08-2011, 07:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

After calling Panasonic tech support I've gotten my speakers to work properly, BUT I still don't hear hardly anything from the subwoofer..evn when there is an explosion. is there a specific mode where it works best? I use Dolby Music mode..Which mode would you guys say is best overall?

See post #62 in this thread where I posted some settings to get more bass from the subwoofer. I also keep mine set on Super Surround under the Manual setting.

So what was the issue as to why the speakers werent working?

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

post #79 of 316 Old 05-09-2011, 08:31 AM

I have figured out what the problem is with Netflix. It's your internet connection.

My internet connection has been flaky the last few months. While I pay for 20Mbit/sec I only get 1-2Mbit/sec at night.

The flickering is due to Netflix switching streams. You'll notice that when Netflix flickers, the quality gets worse or better.

While I was annoyed at first, now that I know what is causing it, I don't mind it too much.

It's better than sitting on a screen which says "buffering" like other systems (Xbox).
post #80 of 316 Old 05-10-2011, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTM Audi View Post

I just got the stand alone 210 BD player and it does the flickering on netflix as well.

The flickering is due to Netflix switching streams. This is normal. You should check your internet connection and see if your internet is slow, causing netflix to constantly adjust the quality of the streams.
post #81 of 316 Old 05-10-2011, 01:51 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparXXXie View Post

The flickering is due to Netflix switching streams. This is normal. You should check your internet connection and see if your internet is slow, causing netflix to constantly adjust the quality of the streams.

I have a 15Mb download with burst over 30Mb. Never have any switching or issues watching netflix on 360 or PC.
post #82 of 316 Old 05-10-2011, 03:15 PM

@jconjason...

I really can't put a finger on what the issue was with the lack of sound from the speakers. Panny tech simply made me switch off the main unit, unplug it, then swith modes to super surround..them, BANG..it just came back to life. But, when i perform the test, still there's no sound from the speakers and subwoofer, so he seems to think that the main unit has stalled or frozen itself into a certain inoperable weird kind of state. Once again, i haven't cut it back on in a few days..so i'll see if the main unit can "remember" to work! That's the best way i can explain it....I'll try the settings you've suggested to see if i hear anything form the subwoofer...(but i guess that also depends on if the source that is being watched is sound effect heavy)
post #83 of 316 Old 05-10-2011, 04:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

@jconjason...

I really can't put a finger on what the issue was with the lack of sound from the speakers. Panny tech simply made me switch off the main unit, unplug it, then swith modes to super surround..them, BANG..it just came back to life. But, when i perform the test, still there's no sound from the speakers and subwoofer, so he seems to think that the main unit has stalled or frozen itself into a certain inoperable weird kind of state. Once again, i haven't cut it back on in a few days..so i'll see if the main unit can "remember" to work! That's the best way i can explain it....I'll try the settings you've suggested to see if i hear anything form the subwoofer...(but i guess that also depends on if the source that is being watched is sound effect heavy)

If there is no sound coming from a speaker or speakers during the test, there is a problem, probably with how it was set up. I would suggest, strongly, that you re hook up the wiring and speakers and re-run the test,, if the testing fails again, its very possible you may have gotten a bad system. I am also surprised the Panasonic tech let you go basically telling you that the system may have stalled or frozen into an inoperable state, without offering to replace it!

Rehook up speakers again, run test again. If it fails, call Panasonic and request a replacement.

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

post #84 of 316 Old 05-10-2011, 08:23 PM

Well...fired up the system to see if I can watch my chi-town bulls put in work in surround sound and to my surprise,somewhat, the damn thing seemed to "remember" it's purpose. To produce sound! When I performed the test even got sound from all components to confirm it(including the subwoofer). I still uses Dolby Music mode thus far because dialogue seems clearer to me.
Subwoofer still only concern...may have to crank it's decibel level to the max, though I'm afraid of doing so, since I live in an apartment(should it work). I wonder if there's a difference with digital in or hdmi? I use optical cable for sound since instruction manual stated that if TV doesn't have ARC input, use that. I don't have cable box connected to main unit, to the tv..only way to get a picture I presume. I'm very reluctant to go through the headache of getting something else because I DO like the look of the system because it matches my Panny 54 inch VT25 perfectly...and the player actually does enhance 3D viewing. I just may have to get use to the lack of bass punch I now have...only heard it once in fact..Black Eye Peas concert. I'll see how it performs with blu-rays, since I haven't done so yet....Thanx @jconjason for your input and advice...no doubt!
post #85 of 316 Old 05-10-2011, 09:24 PM
Advanced Member

Ahhhhhh! Problem! Cable box needs to be directly connected to the Surround sound systems PORT IN. Here is my set up...

I have my DirecTV DVR plugged into the System(SCBTT-770) Via an HDMI cable in the Port HDMI IN. I have my Panny 50VT25 connected to the system(SCBTT-770) via an HDMI cable in the HDMI OUT1 port to the TVs HDMI ARC HDMI port.

Oh and if you have the Panny VT25 as I do, it IS ARC capable. There is an ARC HDMI port on the back of the panel. If you arent using HDMI cables, you really should!

As for the Bulls, If my Celtics fail to win the next 3 against the Heat, I hope the Bulls take out the Heat... I HATE Queen James! Although I cant stand Joah Kim Noah either!

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

post #86 of 316 Old 05-11-2011, 09:07 PM

Okay..hooked up the main unit to the ARC input(even though I was told that for 3d content, HDMI input 4 should be used when using a high speed cable) Can't hook up cable box to main unit because..well..when I do so there's no video, since it's no longer connected to TV. As for the subwoofer and everyone's claims of "powerful" bass, at this point, since I have NO bass whatsoever, I'll take at least some puny bass! SIGH..oh well..
Oh... My condolences to your Celtics...
post #87 of 316 Old 05-11-2011, 09:18 PM

Also...just wondering..but why is this system billed as having "wireless" rear speakers when I have to hook up wires for them to work?
post #88 of 316 Old 05-11-2011, 10:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Okay..hooked up the main unit to the ARC input(even though I was told that for 3d content, HDMI input 4 should be used when using a high speed cable) Can't hook up cable box to main unit because..well..when I do so there's no video, since it's no longer connected to TV.

I think youre confused here. The main unit is a receiver, so you can hook up your cable box to it and still get the picture to your TV, thats what its meant for. This is how you should have it hooked up...

1). HDMI from Cable box to SCBTT770 INPUT 1
2). SCBTT770 HDMI OUTPUT(theres only one OUTPUT port on the SCBTT770) to TV HDMI 1(ARC)(on back of TV, not side)

So a total of 2 HDMI cables are needed

As for the "wireless" speakers. They are, and they arent. You dont need to wire them to the main unit, just the wireless unit, which helps you from having to run wire all the way across the room from the back speakers to the main unit.

When you say only HDMI input 4 should be used with highspeed for 3D, thats confusing... you can use any port.. I think you might mean you need to use HDMI 1.4 Cables, which are the standard for 3D compatability.

Once you have it hooked up this way... Access the HOME screen on the System, Click on EXT IN in the upper left corner, and click on HDMI IN1(NOT ARC!!!!!).. and you should now be up and running... TV with full sound.

Try it, and let me know how it goes!

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

post #89 of 316 Old 05-12-2011, 08:17 PM

Thanx for clearing up any confusion I may have, only to be replaced by a new confusion. I followed your instructions to a T, and STILL instead of full sound, I have less. Sound only comes from the side speakers, which was my original problem to begin with. Same holds true for when I run the test. All I hear is tv quality level of sound. All surround modes state that it's " not conditional" so can't even access any of them. I just don't understand how something so damn simple can turn out to be so hard,when it's brand new. maybe I'll just go back to digital or even analog red and white cable audio..F&$& it!..
post #90 of 316 Old 05-12-2011, 09:37 PM
Advanced Member

Again, if the Test isnt completing properly with sound coming from every speaker, there is something wrong with the wiring/set-up. You need to look at the wiring of your speakers and make sure you have them hooked up properly.

After that, if you STILL experience problems, I would contact Panasonic.

Where did you purchase it? BestBuy? Maybe you could call them and have someone come out and look at it and check it out for you.

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

Reply Home Theater In A Box