Official Panasonic BT270/370/770 Owner's Thread - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 316 Old 05-12-2011, 10:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought it from Amazon..I decided to re-hook my cable box via HDMI to input2 on my tv, switched to ARC mode, and now I hear every speaker, even the subwoofer! But, @jconjason..I swear to you that I had everything hooked up properly. I never have problems hooking up components or electronics. it's just that I think that this system( or mine's at least) malfunctions into working when it WANTS to. It's really the only way I can explain it, like I told Panasonic. I may come home tomorrow and it might revert to a lack of sound state again for all I know. Maybe..it's haunted..Anyways, is there a certain way this is turned off, so that the system can "remember" to operate in the last mode it was in?I cut system,then tv off separately, and cable box.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 316 Old 05-12-2011, 10:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolDre View Post

Sound only comes from the side speakers, which was my original problem to begin with. Same holds true for when I run the test. All I hear is tv quality level of sound. All surround modes state that it's " not conditional" so can't even access any of them...

Hi KoolDre, curious to your post...can you please explain the bolded sentence?

Do you mean like Right Front and Right Surround (Left Front and Left Surround) or Right Front and Left Front?

And what is "tv quality level of sound"? Do you mean 2Ch stereo?

What model cable box do you have and is it HD? Is the cable box audio output set to Dolby Digital?
post #93 of 316 Old 05-12-2011, 11:14 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 77
Quote:

I bought it from Amazon..I decided to re-hook my cable box via HDMI to input2 on my tv, switched to ARC mode, and now I hear every speaker, even the subwoofer! But, @jconjason..I swear to you that I had everything hooked up properly. I never have problems hooking up components or electronics. it's just that I think that this system( or mine's at least) malfunctions into working when it WANTS to. It's really the only way I can explain it, like I told Panasonic. I may come home tomorrow and it might revert to a lack of sound state again for all I know. Maybe..it's haunted..Anyways, is there a certain way this is turned off, so that the system can "remember" to operate in the last mode it was in?I cut system,then tv off separately, and cable box.....

You very well might have a faulty system... It can happen. I'd try contacting the seller first and requesting a replacement, then try panasonic.

What youre experiencing isn't normal! I hope some of my posts didn't come off as insulting or insinuating you didn't know what you were doing, its just very difficult trying to diagnose via the net, so was trying to be very descriptive. Keep me posted, I'm very curious!

PANASONIC VT50 FOR SALE!!!!

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

post #94 of 316 Old 05-13-2011, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jconjason View Post

It might be! Have you contacted Panasonic about this? They might have a better idea than I do. Sorry I couldn't help you!

Panasonic help was pretty worthless. Said that was the way the system was supposed to work. When I told them others were experiencing something different, they were stumped. Guess I'll just live with the minor inconvenience. Pleased otherwise ...
post #95 of 316 Old 05-13-2011, 04:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Hooking up using HDMI to the TV and ARC for audio from the TV to the AVR usually means stereo, not DD 5.1. If you are getting sound from all speakers, it may be matrixed rather than true surround. Most TVs do not pass 5.1 audio from HDMI inputs.
post #96 of 316 Old 05-13-2011, 11:22 AM
Advanced Member

KoolDre, this is just a shot in the dark here but worth it..

Before trying this, I ask that you revert back to my previous set up with the cable box hooked up to the home theater receiver and NOT to the tv. Once you have that hooked up properly and everything turned on try this...

With your VT25 remote, click on the Viera LINK button in the upper right corner, it's next to the EXIT button. Once the Viera LINK On Screen Menu pops up on the TV screen, highlight "Speaker Output" and use the remote arrows left or right to select Home Theater. Hopefully this will now tell the TV to disable the TV speakers and use the Home Theater for sound... like I said... long shot but Im running out of ideas.

After that, im curious, on the SCBTT770 remote, click the Surround/Sleep button just one time, bottom left on the remote, and tell me what the display reads on the receiver.

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

post #97 of 316 Old 05-13-2011, 08:06 PM

Noooo...I found nothing you said as insulting, it's the other way around. You are just trying to be helpful, since you obviously have a system that works as it should. I took a stab at your "shot in the dark" and before I tried to do as you advised, noticed that with Viera link, it already shows home theater as the audio source. But, stll no dice..no sound from anyplace but the two front speakers thru HDMI 1 or 2! I hit the surround button once and it still shows manual-super surround mode as " not conditional". Same holds true for other surround modes. So..hooked HDMI back to tv, using ARC and full speaker and subwoofer usage is back, but only in super surround mode? Oh well..I prefer Dolby Music mode.but that only produces sound from all front speakers. so..I guess super surround will have to do..even if it's not 5.1. I 'm not a big audio guy, just at this point, I want sound from all speakers and subwoofer any way I can get it so...
post #98 of 316 Old 05-13-2011, 08:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Noooo...I found nothing you said as insulting, it's the other way around. You are just trying to be helpful, since you obviously have a system that works as it should. I took a stab at your "shot in the dark" and before I tried to do as you advised, noticed that with Viera link, it already shows home theater as the audio source. But, stll no dice..no sound from anyplace but the two front speakers thru HDMI 1 or 2! I hit the surround button once and it still shows manual-super surround mode as " not conditional". Same holds true for other surround modes. So..hooked HDMI back to tv, using ARC and full speaker and subwoofer usage is back, but only in super surround mode? Oh well..I prefer Dolby Music mode.but that only produces sound from all front speakers. so..I guess super surround will have to do..even if it's not 5.1. I 'm not a big audio guy, just at this point, I want sound from all speakers and subwoofer any way I can get it so...

Dont "settle". There is clearly something wrong here. Keep pestering Panasonic and the retalier you purchased it from until they replace it. This isnt normal!

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

post #99 of 316 Old 05-15-2011, 11:48 PM - Thread Starter

I noticed Costco selling a BT-273. It had the speakers of the 370, but not sure what else (maybe the sub) is different. I don't think the 270 has HDMI in, so maybe that's it. Anyone know?
post #100 of 316 Old 05-21-2011, 09:50 PM

Hi all,

New to the forum. Just bought and installed 770. Has anyone experienced this ? I have problems trying to get the blu ray to open and close. I pressed the button but nothing happens. I have tried this many times and it will only respond infrequently. I have had others try it too with the same results. Anyone have any ideas as to what the issue could be ?
post #101 of 316 Old 05-27-2011, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calstudios View Post

I noticed Costco selling a BT-273. It had the speakers of the 370, but not sure what else (maybe the sub) is different. I don't think the 270 has HDMI in, so maybe that's it. Anyone know?

I am guessing you are right... what they did for Costco (guess) is they took the 370 speakers with the 270 system. The main advantage to the 370 is that you can buy a wireless transmitter for the rear speakers (about $100). The 770 includes this, I believe built in. I do not know if the 273 at Costco has this option b/c the 270 does not. You might as well go with the 370, because compared to the online price at Costco there is virtually no savings, might be cheaper b&m.

By the way. without discussing price, consider Panny EPP (Employee Purchase Program) - all you need is to have worked or gone to a school or organization that does corporateperks or affinityperks.

Does the subwoofer (on the 370) have its own power cord?

Also, on the SC-BTT770, do the wireless satellite speakers have to be plugged into a wall out - in other words does wireless just refer to speaker wires?
post #102 of 316 Old 05-28-2011, 08:51 AM

Just wondering....but what setting do any of you guys use which you feel works best when using the 3d effect enhancer? So far, I use -4 to add even more depth, since the instructions state to add as much 3d as your eyes can take. I tried like +3 but I know current 3d is not so much abou pop out effects. I have no problem viewing 3d however...
post #103 of 316 Old 05-30-2011, 08:40 PM

I just bought a BTT370 to replace a SA-HT940. Set up was really easy and the picture quality is outstanding, but I'm having problems with the sound. We're having to cank this up to 80 or 90 to get a sound comparable to 25 or 30 on the older 940. And even then, the treble and dialogue seem to be muffled. Does that volume sound right to you guys?

I've verified the speaker settings, entered differences in the spacing, and upped the dBs on the center speaker. I've tried different equalizer settings, enabled High Clarity Sound, and tried it with Cinema Surround Plus on and off.

Is this just the way this model is, am I doing something wrong, or do I have a faulty unit? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
post #104 of 316 Old 05-30-2011, 09:56 PM

BTT370 started beeping while I was playing XBox360 (via TV)...looked at display and the following (to the best I could see it) kept scrolling by quickly -- "DRAZIMDISONLINEAKAKO" (could have been AXAXO as well). It lasted about 1-2 minutes then stopped.

Anybody seen the same (or know what the hell it was)?
post #105 of 316 Old 05-31-2011, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwickset View Post

BTT370 started beeping while I was playing XBox360 (via TV)...looked at display and the following (to the best I could see it) kept scrolling by quickly -- "DRAZIMDISONLINEAKAKO" (could have been AXAXO as well). It lasted about 1-2 minutes then stopped.

Anybody seen the same (or know what the hell it was)?

Woke up this morning to see someone by the name, "DRAZIMDISONLINEAKAKO" was trying to call me on Skype. Their registered account is DRAZIMDISONLINEAKAKO but the displayed name is "Online Help".

I searched for the name and this was the only site that had a hit.
post #106 of 316 Old 05-31-2011, 09:07 AM

Please help. I have just purchased a Panny p50gt30 and btt370. the following happens.

when playing blu rays = great
when tv sound through (arc) sound is behind causing lip sync issue.
when VM tivo plugged to tv = great
when tivo plugged through btt370 and 370 is on= great
when plugged through btt370 and btt370 is off = annoying lipsync.
when tv sound connected to btt370 via any other cable = annoying lipsync.

i have tried all the settings, audio delay doesnt help as the audio is already too delayed.. also the hdmi pass through on standby is on.

basically i can use surround for blu ray only and nothing else.
post #107 of 316 Old 06-01-2011, 01:22 PM

Liked: 15
Any more comments from 770 owners about the sound from the surrounds? Weak, acceptable, great?

Also, would anyone know how the BD player in these setups compares with the standalone 110/210/310 in terms of loading speed etc.?
post #108 of 316 Old 06-01-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schiwing View Post

Woke up this morning to see someone by the name, "DRAZIMDISONLINEAKAKO" was trying to call me on Skype. Their registered account is DRAZIMDISONLINEAKAKO but the displayed name is "Online Help".

I searched for the name and this was the only site that had a hit.

Ah...Skype...didn't think of that. Game console is hooked up via TV...never switched over to theater system to see...makes sense. Thx for clearing it up Schiwing.
post #109 of 316 Old 06-14-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aligrum View Post

Please help. I have just purchased a Panny p50gt30 and btt370. the following happens.

when playing blu rays = great
when tv sound through (arc) sound is behind causing lip sync issue.
when VM tivo plugged to tv = great
when tivo plugged through btt370 and 370 is on= great
when plugged through btt370 and btt370 is off = annoying lipsync.
when tv sound connected to btt370 via any other cable = annoying lipsync.

i have tried all the settings, audio delay doesnt help as the audio is already too delayed.. also the hdmi pass through on standby is on.

basically i can use surround for blu ray only and nothing else.

I'm having similar issues. I don't put any of the inputs through the 370, otherwise I get a delay problem (sound already behind video so delay options don't help). I can't get the ARC option to work at all, even though I'm using a new Panny ST30 with it. So I use a digital optical cable. Some of the DirecTV channels have a delay problem, some don't. I didn't have any of these problems with my cheaper Sony system. I'm about a day away from returning it. The only reason I bought it was so that I could have real 3D bluray because apparently the PS3 doesn't do real 3d playback. But Netflix doesn't even rent 3d BRs yet so...

Unless anyone here has any ideas on how to fix this issue, there are a variety of menus/options I have no idea what they mean, I'll probably return it.

It sounds great, better than the Sony (which I'll eventually replace with a separate receiver/speaker set and bet a BR player separately down the line.

I realize this is last minute request, but any quick replies would be utterly appreciated. Thanks
post #110 of 316 Old 06-16-2011, 09:20 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I got a SC-BTT770 yesterday & when I linked it to my wireless N router, it shows in the status that it's running @ G speed instead. The wireless adapter for my desktop PC runs @ N so what's goin on? It does say that this unit supports wireless N.
post #111 of 316 Old 06-19-2011, 09:40 AM

Does anyone have an idea about my problem with the Wi Fi?
post #112 of 316 Old 06-21-2011, 09:02 PM

Second original DVD movie that has displayed a misaligned cursor over the DVD menu. This one is "Vantage Point"...the previous was "Donnie Darko". FWIW, Have not seen on BluRay yet.

Instead of [Play Movie]

it's more like [ Pl]ay Movie

Firmware: 1.23

Known issue?
post #113 of 316 Old 06-23-2011, 09:33 AM

So I've been on the phone with 4 different reps from Panasonic & have gotten nowhere as to why my Blu Ray unit is linking @ Wireless G instead of Wireless N. There are 2 options under IP address/DNS Settings called Auto Detect Connection Speed & Connection speed setting. Both of these options are greyed out & i'm pretty sure it has something to do with why my unit is not linking @ Wireless N speed. Does anyone know how to enable @ least 1 of these options if not both?
post #114 of 316 Old 06-23-2011, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTWUSMC View Post

Just set up my SC-BTT370 Today. Watched "We were solders" and "X-men." I am impressed with the mids and highs of this system, but not overly impressed with the bass. It gives a little rumble, but nothing that makes me jump out of my seat or that I can feel in the seam of my pants... Have gotten much better out of earlier models in the same class. I think the rear surround gives off just about as much bass.

This is contrary to all of the other opinions I have read. Could there be something I am doing wrong here that would only impact the bass???

I have the 770 & I think the sound is great. Bass is deep & the surrounds are very active.
post #115 of 316 Old 06-26-2011, 07:12 PM

Liked: 12
Have a Panny 55st30 on the way.

Considering two options to add...

1) The Panasonic SC-BTT270 5.1 Surround Sound System at around $290.

2) the Panasonic DMP-BDT210 Integrated-Wi-Fi 3D Blu-ray DVD Player at around $160 (and just use the sound of the 55st30)

How does the 3D Blu ray player aspect of the SC-BTT270 system compare with the Panasonic DMP-BDT210? Is the BDT210 considered to be better or worse than the DVD player in this HTIB?

The BluRay player in the SC-BTT270 must double as a receiver as well?? The only other HTIB I have experience with had a separate receiver and DVD Player.

Is it a no-brainer to just throw another $130 in and get the HTIB?
post #116 of 316 Old 06-26-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewTricks View Post

Have a Panny 55st30 on the way.

Considering two options to add...

1) The Panasonic SC-BTT270 5.1 Surround Sound System at around $290.

2) the Panasonic DMP-BDT210 Integrated-Wi-Fi 3D Blu-ray DVD Player at around $160 (and just use the sound of the 55st30)

How does the 3D Blu ray player aspect of the SC-BTT270 system compare with the Panasonic DMP-BDT210? Is the BDT210 considered to be better or worse than the DVD player in this HTIB?

The BluRay player in the SC-BTT270 must double as a receiver as well?? The only other HTIB I have experience with had a separate receiver and DVD Player.

Is it a no-brainer to just throw another $130 in and get the HTIB?

I was and well am sort of still. I suggest you look through my thread here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1337912

This talked me out of the HTIB Bluray player. I am going to end up using my old receiver system for the time being. I just bought an inexpensive Yamaha speaker system for around $100 and I am debating between the Panasonic BDT110 or a Samsung that came bundled with my tv. My tv has built in wifi plus I have an ethernet connection over there so I do not really need it. At some point I may upgrade my receiver but now it is low priority. My Kenwood will do fine.
post #117 of 316 Old 06-26-2011, 09:54 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsnyc View Post

I was and well am sort of still. I suggest you look through my thread here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1337912

This talked me out of the HTIB Bluray player. I am going to end up using my old receiver system for the time being. I just bought an inexpensive Yamaha speaker system for around $100 and I am debating between the Panasonic BDT110 or a Samsung that came bundled with my tv. My tv has built in wifi plus I have an ethernet connection over there so I do not really need it. At some point I may upgrade my receiver but now it is low priority. My Kenwood will do fine.

I read your thread. The difference is I have nothing right now. No blu ray player, no av receiver, no speakers.

Will I be pleased just adding a 3d blu ray player w no addl sound system?
Or should I go to the BD210 HTIB?
post #118 of 316 Old 06-27-2011, 05:22 AM

I would go for the BDT210 and look for a deal on a lower priced Onkyo system ($300-$400).
post #119 of 316 Old 06-29-2011, 12:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Just thought I would chime in to say I just purchased the SC-BTT270 and am very impressed with this little HTiB.

From the size and weight I really didnt expect to be so impressed, Im in a condo/rental and needed a small set-up that would not kill my neighbor that I share a common wall with and the 270 more than fits the bill.

The whisper surround mode is great for late night viewing as well.

Anyhow,, no tech comments or anything like that, just wanted to say how pleased I am with the BTT270.

Cheers
Davyo
post #120 of 316 Old 06-30-2011, 08:38 PM

Hello
I'm picking up my 770 (775 in Aus) this afternoon. Can anyone comment on external HDD playback? Has anyone had any issues playing MKVs, etc. Also, I believe that manual says FAT32 only?
Reply Home Theater In A Box

Tags
Panasonic

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page