post #121 of 316 Old 07-01-2011, 05:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceVan View Post

Hello
I'm picking up my 770 (775 in Aus) this afternoon. Can anyone comment on external HDD playback? Has anyone had any issues playing MKVs, etc. Also, I believe that manual says FAT32 only?

As far as I know, you can't stream video content from a media center to the system through a hard drive or wireless, if that's what you mean. The only use for the USB port on the system is for the skype camera.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 316 Old 07-04-2011, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by korentul View Post

As far as I know, you can't stream video content from a media center to the system through a hard drive or wireless, if that's what you mean. The only use for the USB port on the system is for the skype camera.

Hi
On the 775, there is a USB port on the front that does allow you to play movies from an external hard drive. But the manual says that it has to be fat32 formatted which means files bigger than 4gb are no go.
post #123 of 316 Old 07-05-2011, 02:54 PM

I'm thinking of getting a 770. But, I'll be placing the blu-ray unit behind a wall behind my TV and then it has to go 11 feet to the rear receiver and speakers. Will there be distortion?

Is the volume as "weak" as some of the reviews have stated?
post #124 of 316 Old 07-05-2011, 11:13 PM

can someone let me know how long the center speaker wire is for on the 770?

also, for those of you who bought these and the supplied wires aren't long enough, what did you do?

thanks!
post #125 of 316 Old 07-05-2011, 11:21 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 77
They provide extra wires, incase you want to wire the rear speakers and not go wireless. So you could use that for the center channel if you needed a longer wire. I never tok the extra ones out of the bag so I don't know the exact length, but they looked to be rather long.

You shouldn't have any issues.

PANASONIC VT50 FOR SALE!!!!

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

post #126 of 316 Old 07-06-2011, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jconjason View Post

They provide extra wires, incase you want to wire the rear speakers and not go wireless. So you could use that for the center channel if you needed a longer wire. I never tok the extra ones out of the bag so I don't know the exact length, but they looked to be rather long.

You shouldn't have any issues.

Thanks!

With regard to the wireless, do you think it will have a problem passing through a wall (drywall with some lumber) and going about 11 feet?
post #127 of 316 Old 07-06-2011, 10:05 AM
Advanced Member

That I cant answer. You could either call panasonic and ask them or purchase from your local best buy and if it doesn't, return in the 30 day return period.

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

post #128 of 316 Old 07-11-2011, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwickset View Post

Second original DVD movie that has displayed a misaligned cursor over the DVD menu. This one is "Vantage Point"...the previous was "Donnie Darko". FWIW, Have not seen on BluRay yet.

Instead of [Play Movie]

it's more like [ Pl]ay Movie

Firmware: 1.23

Known issue?

After further movie views, Blu-rays are fine...only DVDs (and all so far) are affected. It's as though the font on the menu item highlight "layer" are a different font.
post #129 of 316 Old 07-11-2011, 03:48 PM

Hello Iceman.. the SC-BTT770 wont play MKV at all. Wont even read my 1 TB external hand Drive. please always read the features before buying... (No MKV's)

I just bought it this weekend. Also, the Blu-ray Quality is OK, not super!!.
Sound is great!.. I just wish I could have better video quality. Maybe I will have to recalibrate my TV. I don't know..

I will let you know if I can get it too look super!

Cheers!
post #130 of 316 Old 07-12-2011, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonsobernal21 View Post

Hello Iceman.. the SC-BTT770 wont play MKV at all. Wont even read my 1 TB external hand Drive. please always read the features before buying... (No MKV's)

I just bought it this weekend. Also, the Blu-ray Quality is OK, not super!!.
Sound is great!.. I just wish I could have better video quality. Maybe I will have to recalibrate my TV. I don't know..

I will let you know if I can get it too look super!

Cheers!

Hi. Originally I was also disappointed with the picture quality but I have changed some settings on the tv and now it looks fine. Mkv files do work. The reason why your hard drive probably does not work is that it is probably not FAT32 formatted as required by the Panasonic. You can try formatting it in Fat32 and try again. I'm really disappointed that a product released in 2011 only supports fat32. This why I usually steer clear of Panasonic and Sony. But in this case I bought it because of the sound quality which is awesome. But I'm not entirely convinced that this makes up for its other shortcomings.
post #131 of 316 Old 07-16-2011, 08:40 PM

I just got a 770 and have been trying to connect to a new 50GT tv. How frustrating. I can't get the ARC to work. Panasonic customer service is telling me I have to use a certain Panasonic HDMI cable. Has anyone experienced this problem? Will the Panasonic cable really make a difference?
post #132 of 316 Old 07-16-2011, 08:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 122
The cable makes no difference.

Beyond that, ARC requires that CEC be enabled on both devices and there may be other necessary settings. Using an optical cable is usually a lot easier.
post #133 of 316 Old 07-16-2011, 09:07 PM

I apologize for my inexperience. Which two pieces of equipment are connected by the optical cable? The tv and cable box. Or the tv and the htib unit. Also what is CEC?
post #134 of 316 Old 07-16-2011, 09:28 PM
Advanced Member

Make sure you're using the hdmi port on the tv that's marked ARC.

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

post #135 of 316 Old 07-17-2011, 06:18 AM

Quote:

Make sure you're using the hdmi port on the tv that's marked ARC.

Yes I have used the ARC port. Does not work!
post #136 of 316 Old 07-17-2011, 11:19 AM
Advanced Member

Then its likely as BIslander said, there is a setting either in the tv or htib unit that needs to be turned on.

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

post #137 of 316 Old 07-17-2011, 01:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstLady View Post

I apologize for my inexperience. Which two pieces of equipment are connected by the optical cable? The tv and cable box. Or the tv and the htib unit. Also what is CEC?

First things first, when using a cable set top box, the audio should run direct to the theater receiver. It should not run through the TV. Your system has two HDMI inputs. So, connect the cable box to one of the inputs. Your receiver will process the audio and send the video out to the TV. ARC will not be involved.

You only need to feed audio from the TV to the sound system for sources that come from the TV. If you had an off air antenna instead of a cable box, you'd need to feed audio from the TV to the receiver. Or, if your TV has access to streaming sources such as Netflix, then you'd need to feed audio from the TV to the receiver.

There are two ways to get audio from a TV to a sound system. The older way (and still better/simpler, in most cases) is to run an optical audio cable from the TV's output to an available optical input on the receiver. The other way is to use the same HDMI cable that feeds the signal from the AVR to the TV. ARC (Audio Return Channel) is a feature of the latest version of HDMI used to feed audio back from the TV to the receiver. It requires ARC support on both the TV and the AVR. And you have to do the CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) setups on both devices. CEC allows one HDMI device to run another. But, it can be a pain to configure and it often has unintended consequences, which is why I say using an optical connection from the TV to the AVR is simpler.

However, unless you have audio sources that originate in the TV and cannot be run directly to the AVR, there's no reason to bother with ARC or a separate optical connection. Just run all your devices to the AVR and a single HDMI from the AVR to the TV for video. Another reason to go that route is that most TVs only output stereo, not 5.1, from devices attached using HDMI. So, a DD 5.1 track on a TV show would end up stereo coming through the TV.
post #138 of 316 Old 07-17-2011, 03:35 PM

Thanks for the great explanation. I do have things connected as you so kindly described. Although the HDMI is plugged into the HDMI ARC port on the TV when I use the ARC option on the TV input control I only get a blue screen that says ARC and am unable to go beyond that to get either video or audio. If I select input of HDMI 1 (instead of the HDMI Arc option), I do get audio and video. I just don't know if I am getting the full functionality of the two new systems. I really appreciate the help!
post #139 of 316 Old 07-17-2011, 03:43 PM
Advanced Member

Ahhh, yes! I had that same concern when I first hooked mine up. You need to select HDMI1 on the 770. Don't worry, youre still getting the benefits of ARC, or you wouldn't have any audio. Enjoy!

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

post #140 of 316 Old 07-18-2011, 08:57 AM

Quote:

Ahhh, yes! I had that same concern when I first hooked mine up. You need to select HDMI1 on the 770. Don't worry, youre still getting the benefits of ARC, or you wouldn't have any audio. Enjoy!

Another question. I would like to have a speak or two in an adjoining room. Is it possible to connect a Sonia to the 770? Is there a cheaper way to accomplish the same?
post #141 of 316 Old 07-24-2011, 08:09 PM

I just bought and set up a SC-BTT770 system and have several questions.

1. The DVD drive is noisy, makes a high pitched whine while spinning. I assume there should be NO noise from the drive. Is this typical?

2. I simply want to use the system with my Visio LCD TV that only has an antenna, no cable box or input to HDMI 1 or 2. So I connect the optical audio cable (I do not have hdmi - ARC capability) and switch the 770 to EXT in - DIGITAL IN. That works, I get the TV's sound through the 770 system. HOWEVER, every time the 770 goes to sleep or I power it off, I have to go through resetting it to DIGITAL IN because it reverts to HDMI1 on the home screen. Is there any way to make the 770 save it's settings?

3. When watching a DVD, there are no on screen indicators for volume, surround settings or anything else other than the DVD menu when you pop it up. Is there no way to get on screen display of settings without exiting the DVD mode and reverting to the HOME screen?

4. When I listen to Pandora, the system reverts to stereo with a bland sound, however if you select SURROUND on the remote, then choose MANUAL then choose DOLBY PRO LOGIC II MUSIC, You get a really great sounding surround sound from all 5 speakers. Usually the vocal will be up front and the band all around you, sounds great. HOWEVER once again, you have to go through that setup each and every time you start Pandora. IS there a way to save these settings?

5. My Visio TV has Internet Apps with netflix and Pandora, so does the 770. It takes the Visio about 30 seconds to access either application and actually start playing a movie or music. It takes the 770 about 4 minutes on the same wireless N connection. IS this typical.... 4 minutes to set up a movie or Pandora's music? Or is it possible that the Wireless N card in my 770 is bad?

6. If the 770 actually operates as I have described above... PANASONIC NEEDS TO IMPROVE THEIR OPERATING SYSTEM BIG TIME!!!!

7. The lcd display on the 770 has letters 1/4" high that are not able to be seen well enough to read across a 12ft room and it appears that you have to make all of your settings by reading that display, example - switching your Digital audio input on EVERY TIME you turn on your system or EVERY TIME you have to reselect Dolby to listen to your music.

It is a pain to have to walk across the room each time you start up the system to watch TV or want to make any change because there is no on screen display and the 770's display is too small to see and the system does not save the last used configuration.
post #142 of 316 Old 07-26-2011, 05:31 PM

Mine prompted for a firmware update this evening to version 1.38.

Panasonic lists these improvements in 1.38:

2011/7/26
Ver 1.38
Quality of Skype™ call and video mail
Playability of AVCHD Disc
Playability of MKV file and other improvements
Wireless LAN Connectivity with WEP encryption

The unit still goes to the Home page when powered up (the one thing I hoped might change).
post #143 of 316 Old 07-27-2011, 06:33 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTCLARK View Post

Mine prompted for a firmware update this evening to version 1.38.

Panasonic lists these improvements in 1.38:

2011/7/26
Ver 1.38
Quality of Skype call and video mail
Playability of AVCHD Disc
Playability of MKV file and other improvements
Wireless LAN Connectivity with WEP encryption

The unit still goes to the Home page when powered up (the one thing I hoped might change).

My firmware updated too.
post #144 of 316 Old 07-27-2011, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansbo View Post

I just bought and set up a SC-BTT770 system and have several questions.

1. The DVD drive is noisy, makes a high pitched whine while spinning. I assume there should be NO noise from the drive. Is this typical?

2. I simply want to use the system with my Visio LCD TV that only has an antenna, no cable box or input to HDMI 1 or 2. So I connect the optical audio cable (I do not have hdmi - ARC capability) and switch the 770 to EXT in - DIGITAL IN. That works, I get the TV's sound through the 770 system. HOWEVER, every time the 770 goes to sleep or I power it off, I have to go through resetting it to DIGITAL IN because it reverts to HDMI1 on the home screen. Is there any way to make the 770 save it's settings?

3. When watching a DVD, there are no on screen indicators for volume, surround settings or anything else other than the DVD menu when you pop it up. Is there no way to get on screen display of settings without exiting the DVD mode and reverting to the HOME screen?

4. When I listen to Pandora, the system reverts to stereo with a bland sound, however if you select SURROUND on the remote, then choose MANUAL then choose DOLBY PRO LOGIC II MUSIC, You get a really great sounding surround sound from all 5 speakers. Usually the vocal will be up front and the band all around you, sounds great. HOWEVER once again, you have to go through that setup each and every time you start Pandora. IS there a way to save these settings?

5. My Visio TV has Internet Apps with netflix and Pandora, so does the 770. It takes the Visio about 30 seconds to access either application and actually start playing a movie or music. It takes the 770 about 4 minutes on the same wireless N connection. IS this typical.... 4 minutes to set up a movie or Pandora's music? Or is it possible that the Wireless N card in my 770 is bad?

6. If the 770 actually operates as I have described above... PANASONIC NEEDS TO IMPROVE THEIR OPERATING SYSTEM BIG TIME!!!!

7. The lcd display on the 770 has letters 1/4" high that are not able to be seen well enough to read across a 12ft room and it appears that you have to make all of your settings by reading that display, example - switching your Digital audio input on EVERY TIME you turn on your system or EVERY TIME you have to reselect Dolby to listen to your music.

It is a pain to have to walk across the room each time you start up the system to watch TV or want to make any change because there is no on screen display and the 770's display is too small to see and the system does not save the last used configuration.

Hansbo, I am a new user of the 770 so I am not sure I can offer advice but I will let you know my experience so far related to your concerns.
1. My DVD does not seem noisey but I only used it one time.
2. I have the same problem. It is so annoying to have to go to EXT In and reset to HDMI 1 everytime I turn the system on. Also, I have a ARC TV (Panasonic TC-P50GT30) and It will not work on the AVC input. I called Panasonic and they told me I needed the Pansonic HDMI cables which I reluctantly ordered (even though AVS Forum members said it wouldn't make a difference). I plan to call Panasonic about this.

I haven't used Pandora so can't address the rest of the issues.

In general I like the sound produced by the 770 but the control issues are not convenient!
post #145 of 316 Old 07-29-2011, 01:26 AM

Hello,
I m new owner of BTT 770.
Is it possible to play movies with subtitles on it via USB ?

I have been trying to play some divix movies and include with it subtitles in txt format with exactly the same file name and they were not displayed.
I have been also trying to include subtitles programatically via some program to the movie file but then 770 rejected to play it.

Is there any possibility to play movie with the subtitles on this device via USB ?

thanks in advance,
nuker
post #146 of 316 Old 08-01-2011, 05:51 PM

Not sure if this is a Netflix problem or something wrong with my unit. When I'm streaming something from Netflix, there'll be periodic video blackouts that last about a second. The audio doesn't dropout just the picture. Anyone else experiencing this with Netflix?
post #147 of 316 Old 08-03-2011, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolDre View Post

Hey fellas! I just bought the 770 system only a few days ago from amazon and ALREADY I'm having problems that shouldn't happen to a brand new system! In a nutshell..it seems that the speakers work when they want to. No sound comes from the sound woofer, surround speakers, or center speaker and have NO idea why. It just seemed to have died...Any suggestions any of you may have would be appreciated...Don't know how to get my sound back..it's frustrating...

Just had the same problem on my two week old BTT370. Tried everything, checked all the settings, disconnected and reconnected all the speakers etc but it made no difference. While I'm no expert, I've not had any problems setting up this sort of equipment in the past, so was a little bit confused as to what was causing it.

However, when I selected 'Default settings' from the settings menu, it all started working properly again so suggest anyone who encounters this problem tries that solution first.
post #148 of 316 Old 08-05-2011, 05:31 PM

Watched Body Of Lies on my 770 a few hours ago. Bluray.com gave the sound quality for the movie 4.5/5 stars but the sound wasn't very engaging. Also the default soundtrack on it is Dolby Digital 5.1. During the movie I had to manually change it to Dolby True HD 5.1. I watched Battle Los Angeles the other day & the sound quality was night & day compared to Body Of Lies.
post #149 of 316 Old 08-11-2011, 05:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked: 513
As the title suggests my BT770 defaults to the home screen every time its turned on rather than remembering its last input. My Sony TV is connected via the HDMI output of the BT700 and my FIOS STB goes to HDMI input 1 on the BT770.

I've tried turning off the Vierra Link per Panasonic tech support, but it seems tech support claims this is the way it is and there's no way around it. For me this is a deal break.

Does anyone have a solution for having this unit remember the last HDMI input used on turn on?
post #150 of 316 Old 08-12-2011, 09:19 AM

Ken -- I'm having the same issue as you and haven not been able to come up with a solution.

I'm also interested to hear if anyone has figured this out -- Thanks!
Reply Home Theater In A Box

Tags
Panasonic

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page