Official Panasonic BT270/370/770 Owner's Thread - Page 6 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #151 of 316 Old 08-14-2011, 05:16 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1181 Post(s)
Liked: 1331
I returned the system since this was too much of an inconvenience. I wound up getting a conventional system for about the same price. I was using my own speakers on the Panny system, so I wasn't really getting the value out of it anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 316 Old 09-05-2011, 10:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Damn. I wish I'd read this first. I'm in the same boat as Ken, etc. While I suppose I could personally deal with the fact that I'd have to switch inputs every time, I'm not going to subject my guests to the confusing hassle of this.

On top of the annoyance factor from the feature itself, the button on the remote you have to press to change to the TV sound input (unless you want to switch the TV input to the receiver and then use the menus) is called "iPod"!

What on earth were they thinking?

If they had designed this BTT270 system, like the slightly higher-end ones, allowing all other components to feed into this system before outputting video to the TV, I wouldn't mind having to see the home screen, because I'd never have to change my TV input.

But since this entry-level receiver is designed to get audio only from a TV output, it's crazy to require the viewing of the home screen, because NO ONE is going to start their TV each time with the TV input set to the receiver, only to switch it back to the tuner each time.

Ridiculous. Their engineers must have fallen asleep.

BTW, also, why the proprietary speaker plugs? I'm having to splice wires in now to use my existing in-wall speaker wire.
post #153 of 316 Old 09-12-2011, 10:04 AM

So i bought the 370 a few months ago and cant get it to work on my direct tv. It works great on my Xbox and BR but not while watching tv

Here's the thing, I dont have a Direct tv HD box (i cant get one because the sat must be placed within my patio and the building blocks hd signal. Yes i know it sucks but ive learned to deal with it). So i only use the home theatre when on a game or movie. Here is my setup:

My set top box only has s-video, RCA jacks which are using the RGB cables for video and audio.
My Tv has hdmi and RCA jacks, digital audio.

Please help with the set up im tired of this BS. I tried to hook up the RGB from the set top box to the tv and from the tv to blu ray player. I have also tried the from the set top box to the blu ray and the digital audio/hdmi from the blu ray to the tv.

I dont know if i did it wrong, i hope someone has this configuration and has made it work please advise.
post #154 of 316 Old 09-14-2011, 05:13 AM

I purchased the 770 from BB before it was even listed on Panasonic's website. LOVE it. Still don't know how to power on my setup and not have to go to start at the Home Screen and select which input I want, and it's growing increasingly annoying. Anybody have any luck with this issue? I honestly haven't played with it in a while, but if I figure out any tricks I'll be the first to share...
post #155 of 316 Old 09-16-2011, 03:01 AM

So, I've read the entire thread and the one glaring problem with these HTIB's from Panasonic seems to be having to select the input from the home screen every time its powered on. I get that it can be annoying and a nuisance. However, is it a big enough problem to look some where else for a decent HTIB system? Is it something that can be fixed by a firmware upgrade?

The reason I ask is because I'm currently in the Air Force and stationed in Hawaii and live in a small apartment. The Pearl Harbor Navy Exchange is having a ridiculous 2-week electronics sale and I can literally pick up a Panasonic SC-BT770 for $429.99 tax free. I don't think I can find a better deal on the system and was hoping to buy one in the coming weeks. Should I jump on this sale?

Oh, and I totally plan on getting the Star Wars bluray box set the same day. Needless to say, but I'm pumped! (and a bit of a geek :P )
post #156 of 316 Old 09-16-2011, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesmoLocke View Post

So, I've read the entire thread and the one glaring problem with these HTIB's from Panasonic seems to be having to select the input from the home screen every time its powered on. I get that it can be annoying and a nuisance. However, is it a big enough problem to look some where else for a decent HTIB system? Is it something that can be fixed by a firmware upgrade?

The reason I ask is because I'm currently in the Air Force and stationed in Hawaii and live in a small apartment. The Pearl Harbor Navy Exchange is having a ridiculous 2-week electronics sale and I can literally pick up a Panasonic SC-BT770 for $429.99 tax free. I don't think I can find a better deal on the system and was hoping to buy one in the coming weeks. Should I jump on this sale?

Oh, and I totally plan on getting the Star Wars bluray box set the same day. Needless to say, but I'm pumped! (and a bit of a geek :P )

$430 no tax...buy it and don't think twice! The picture quality, especially 3D, is unbelievable. Free 3D Avatar makes up for the nuisance. Right there with ya on the Star Wars Box, and counting down the days till Oct. 4 when I will relive my childhood favorite movie The Lion King on stunning 3DBR!
post #157 of 316 Old 09-16-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesmoLocke View Post

The reason I ask is because I'm currently in the Air Force and stationed in Hawaii and live in a small apartment. The Pearl Harbor Navy Exchange is having a ridiculous 2-week electronics sale.

Apparently if you have a newer TV with CEC functionality (such as Panasonic's own "Viera Link" or Sony's "Bravia Link", the box will know to switch the input for you.

Also, if you have the 770, you can bring all your video inputs (such as the cable box) into the HTIB unit rather than to the TV. In that scenario, it's not that annoying to have the home screen come up each time, b/c you only have to change the input on one machine (the HTIB) which always would show on your TV when you turn it on . . . rather than have to switch the TV input to the HTIB, switch the HTIB input to the TV, then switch the TV input back.
post #158 of 316 Old 09-19-2011, 12:05 PM

May be a dumb question but here goes...

Does anybody know the function of the "Input" button on the remote (770)? I've pressed it at numerous times hoping that it would just go from HTIB(B-R, etc) ->HDMI 1 -> HDMI 2 but unless I'm completely missing something it does absolutely nothing...
post #159 of 316 Old 09-19-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersoldier11 View Post

May be a dumb question but here goes...

Does anybody know the function of the "Input" button on the remote (770)? I've pressed it at numerous times hoping that it would just go from HTIB(B-R, etc) ->HDMI 1 -> HDMI 2 but unless I'm completely missing something it does absolutely nothing...

I think the "input" button works on the TV, if it's Panasonic. On the 270, the HTIB input button is absurdly labeled "iPod". Pressing "iPod" a few times swaps between Aux, iPod, tuner, and DVD. With the 770, it might work on the HDMI inputs as well.
post #160 of 316 Old 09-20-2011, 02:19 PM

Hi all, I purchased a BTT370 about a week ago and have been trying to play some movies from a 32GB SDHC card with no success. I have converted them to several formats, but everytime I try I get the message that there are no compatible files on the SD card. I have tried .mpg, .m2ts, .avi, .mp4. I expected the .m2ts and .mpg files to work. Any ideas? Also, I am experiencing the "flickering" problem while playing netflix movies, has a solution for this been verified? Thanks for the help!
post #161 of 316 Old 09-22-2011, 07:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarino1980 View Post

Hi all, I purchased a BTT370 about a week ago and have been trying to play some movies from a 32GB SDHC card with no success. I have converted them to several formats, but everytime I try I get the message that there are no compatible files on the SD card. I have tried .mpg, .m2ts, .avi, .mp4. I expected the .m2ts and .mpg files to work. Any ideas? Also, I am experiencing the "flickering" problem while playing netflix movies, has a solution for this been verified? Thanks for the help!

I'm pretty sure the SD slot is for AVCHD video from a camera with it's proper folder structure. You can try from a USB port with an NTFS formatted drive with a single partition.
post #162 of 316 Old 09-23-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkatzen View Post

I think the "input" button works on the TV, if it's Panasonic. On the 270, the HTIB input button is absurdly labeled "iPod". Pressing "iPod" a few times swaps between Aux, iPod, tuner, and DVD. With the 770, it might work on the HDMI inputs as well.

Thank you very much! The iPod button swaps HDMI inputs.
post #163 of 316 Old 09-23-2011, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipit View Post

I'm pretty sure the SD slot is for AVCHD video from a camera with it's proper folder structure. You can try from a USB port with an NTFS formatted drive with a single partition.

I'm not sure about the AVCHD video since I've never dealt with it before, however I don't see why the MPEG2 file wouldn't work. The manual states that the SD slot supports MPEG2 files. I did try the USB port, but it doesn't recognize anything I pup in it. Has anyone used the SD slot to play movies?
post #164 of 316 Old 09-25-2011, 04:07 AM

I also have tryed playing mpeg-2 videos from the video card. I get a messages that list has no compatilble files. Has anyone actually played videos from something other than the iPod, the disc player and/or the internet?
post #165 of 316 Old 09-30-2011, 08:15 AM

Bought my 370 last weekend and was delivered during the week so only been running 3 days. This is to replace my Marantz 35th anniversay Amp I bought in 1989 and still is excellent today. Don't want to throw it out but don't have a use for it now Large cabs have come down off the walls, 27" CRT TV is going out as I got a 42" 3D Toshiba. Waited for the picture quality to be right before moving on to LCD. (snail trails)

Plus points:
1) Sound is awesome - base goes right through the house!!
2)Video quality is outstanding, crystal clear
3)DVD to 3D is just so cool, revitalised my whole collection.
4)DLNA built in wireless streams 1080p HD perfectly, easy setup.
5)not much to setup really.
6)As soon as it logged onto the network it found an update and did it's thing successfully.
7)Nice and slim - maybe make it thicker and put soundproofing in.
8)Operates my Toshiba 42" 3D over the regza link.

Bad points:
1)On some discs the disc player is noisy and when a quiet part of the film is on it is really annoying, need to put it in a cabinet.
2)Lipsync problem - Bluray OK, DVD normal needs about 40ms delay putting in, 2D-3D on DVD this goes up to 70ms. Using single cable with ARC.
3)Internet - this is laughable. Do NOT buy this if you think you can get net services. The limited few there are, are useless. Searching youtube on a remote? no chance. Most of the services available are in German or French. Great I can get the weather! Using the Wii is far better, or just go on the PC!
4)IPOD connection is limited to NEWER IPODS my 3rd gen classic 16GB doesn't work and is not on the supported list, didn't realise there would be an issue when I looked at the spec. However with DLNA I don't really need it now.
5)Radio playing OK but not yet displaying RDS data.
6)The Annoying fan! When flicking through the menus there is an annoying wirring sound that I presume is a processor fan spining up and down.

The above annoying sounds are heard from about 12 feet away!

Glad BestBuy Matched Amazon and gave the 10% difference too!! they had it up at £499 and £359 on Amazon otherwise it would be going back at £499! oh and just sent off for the free Star Wars Trilogy too from Panasonic. Hopefully some of the annoyances will be fixed in future firmware updates. Lipsync takes a few seconds to fix but shouldn't be there anyway when Auto is selected! go figure.

I'll update any other good/bad points as I find them
post #166 of 316 Old 10-20-2011, 01:31 PM

Hello. You noted that the 370 model has DLNA but earlier posts stated it did not. I cannot find anything on the specs that suggest DLNA. Could you please clarify. Are you using the BTT370?

I ask as I am looking at the 770 but would like to stream music from my computer. W/O DLNA capability I am unsure if it would be possible. Used to simply use my PS3 but need to replace that now.
post #167 of 316 Old 10-20-2011, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookele View Post

Hello. You noted that the 370 model has DLNA but earlier posts stated it did not. I cannot find anything on the specs that suggest DLNA. Could you please clarify. Are you using the BTT370?

I ask as I am looking at the 770 but would like to stream music from my computer. W/O DLNA capability I am unsure if it would be possible. Used to simply use my PS3 but need to replace that now.

Hi, I'm using the SC-BTT370 and is most definitely has DLNA function. It's a bit slow to navigate with but it kinda works OK. They could fit much more in a list on the screen. Actually I have just gone onto it now and picked up my powerbook that I'm using to type this and I have just put some music on from my Itunes library. Streams fine, my router is a g I think, deffo not an n. If a few are going to stream I'd make sure the router was an n.

LIPSYNC - still not resolved this. Pain in the butt changing between 0, 40ms and 70ms depending on what I am watching. Through the TV speakers lipsync is fine. Couldn't get ITV HD in sync before as it only has 10ms steps, could have done with 5ms really.

IMHO this sort of kit should not be sold - there is an obvious error in there but like windows I suppose, it's a case of ship it now and we'll issue a bug fix later.
post #168 of 316 Old 10-20-2011, 03:44 PM

just reading the spec on hdmi 1.3 (june 2006) and they say on the official site:

Lip Sync: Because consumer electronics devices are using increasingly complex digital signal processing to enhance the clarity and detail of the content, synchronization of video and audio in user devices has become a greater challenge and could potentially require complex end-user adjustments. HDMI 1.3 incorporates automatic audio synching capabilities that allows devices to perform this synchronization automatically with total accuracy.

bull.

btw, thanks panasonic for my bluray trilogy - arrived last week.
post #169 of 316 Old 10-21-2011, 02:42 PM

Be aware that DLNA is NOT available on the US versions. I discovered this the hard way!
post #170 of 316 Old 11-03-2011, 01:45 PM

New firmware (version 1.43) available for the 770.

For details here's a link to the Panny support site: http://panasonic.jp/support/global/c...btt370_na.html
post #171 of 316 Old 11-10-2011, 01:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post

As the title suggests my BT770 defaults to the home screen every time its turned on rather than remembering its last input. My Sony TV is connected via the HDMI output of the BT700 and my FIOS STB goes to HDMI input 1 on the BT770.

I've tried turning off the Vierra Link per Panasonic tech support, but it seems tech support claims this is the way it is and there's no way around it. For me this is a deal break.

Does anyone have a solution for having this unit remember the last HDMI input used on turn on?

I have been trying to sort this sort of thing out too and came to this forum for the answer, instead finding lots of similar problems

With Panasonic SC-BTT370, Panasonic P42G20 TV, Foxsat PVR, Humax 9150 PVR, and Panasonic EX-85 PVR/DVD, and Logitech Harmony 650 uni remote, this is where we have got to:-

Summary of the explanation below, (which may be too confused!), and at least this works to ease the pain:-
If you have Panasonic TV and use it as the hub.
Turn off Viera Link and Hdmi Content Detection on TV and turn off Viera Link on SC-BTTnnn.
Use AUX input and audio leads for connection between TV and SC-BTTnnn
Then at start up the TV will stay on whatever Video Input was set when it was last switched off.
To get sound working normally again you only need to press the Input button on the SC-BTTnnn's remote, which replaces 'Home' on the display panel with AUX.

Attempted explanation
For us at least, there seem to be two related similar problems:-

1.) At start up, (with 'no Viera' settings and BTT370 set to AUX for connection with audio leads),
- BTT370 goes to Home setting, but the TV's video input setting is not affected.
- but in this case it can be shifted to the last, remembered, input (AUX) of the BTT370 simply by pressing the 'Input Radio/iPod/Aux' etc. button, which LEAVES TV on its LAST REMEMBERED INPUT SETTING where it stays until changed intentionally. This is Much simpler than in 2.)

2.) At start up (with Viera Link, which seems necessary on both TV and BTT370 for ARC to work)
- This is when Viera link apparently causes changes to THE TV's INPUT AS WELL to that for BTT370,
- which can only be changed again by exitting 'Home' via selecting input e.g. RC or AUX from the various home screens, and ALSO needs active switching the TV input to what you wanted, or was remembered
e.g. from from 'Hdmi2' on TV and 'Home' on BTT370
to 'InputTV' on TV with ARC on BTT370, both remembered from the last time everything was on,
(in our case Hdmi 2 is said to be the right TV Hdmi socket for [input video]/[output sound by ARC])

Conclusion
So ARC gives more trouble at start up with 'Home' but, in 1.) above, one click on 'Input Radio/iPod/Aux' does the trick after start up if you switch off Viera and use audio leads and 'AUX', instead of ARC on Hdmi

Conclusion, using Harmony Remote
Method 1.a.) With the Harmony remote I just use method 1.) to get all sound into BTT370 and one hard button to do the 'Input Radio/iPod/Aux' command in each Harmony 'activity'.

This is only needed at startup, but if you prefer it:-

Method 1.b.) Both commands 'Home' and 'Input Radio/iPod/Aux' can be added to the programmed actions at the start of each activity, in which case the 'Home at startup problem' goes away more automatically.

n.b. the reason for requiring both commands:-
- If you press Home when that is already set at first startup, the Home command does nothing and the 'Input Radio/iPod/Aux' gets out of the home screen.
- When switching between activities:-
'Home' stores the current Input and 'Input Radio/iPod' restores it instead of bumping to the next input, as it would when switching activities otherwise.
post #172 of 316 Old 11-21-2011, 09:35 PM

Liked: 11
I'm having a problem getting the video from my Samsung SMT-H3090 HDDVR cable box to display on my TV when it's connected through my SC-BTT370. I connected the Samsung 3090 to the HDMI IN1 input and when I select it from EXT IN option on the home screen, the picture shows up for a second, flickers and then goes off. I continue to get audio from the Samsung cable box through the 370 speakers. I don't think it's a problem with the Samsung 3090 cable box or the HDMI cable because I tried 2 different cables and I connected the cable box directly to the TV using both of them and it worked fine. I tried following the troubleshooting on page 44 of the user manual at the following link but that didn't do anything.

http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/SCBTT770.PDF

If anybody has any ideas on how to fix this problem I'd appreciate it.

In case anybody is wondering my HDTV is a 4 year old Panasonic TH-42PZ77U 42" 1080p plasma with 2 HDMI inputs.
post #173 of 316 Old 11-22-2011, 02:33 AM

Hi All, I recently bought a sc-btt370 and am in the process of setting everything up, but I can't figure out how to change the balance/levels of the front two speakers. I know this is probably a dumb question but can anyone help?

Thanks.
post #174 of 316 Old 11-22-2011, 07:17 PM

If you are considering buying the BTT-370, I would suggest you find your way to Sears on Black Friday.

Regularly $499.99 and on Black Friday only $299.99

Electronics » Home Theater

Panasonic 5.1 Channel 1000 Watt 3D Blu-ray Home Theater System - $299.99

http://www.blackfriday.info/sales/se...friday-ad.html

Jim
post #175 of 316 Old 11-23-2011, 04:32 AM

Hello, i have bought a BTT370 recently and wonder about some things:
mp3 Files from USB Stick are not playable without having the TV powered on. Is this also valid for an iPod (i dont have on to test)?
I have connected the BTT370 to my Panasonic LED TX-L32DT30 with an HDMI cable. When i enjoy the TV's Audio via BTT370 i'm not able to switch Soundeffects with the [SURROUND] or [SOUND] Buttons. (The BTT370 Display shows only ARC)
Any thoughts/advices are welcome.
[EDIT] laughing at me - i used the wrong buttons - i pressed the colored butons all the time and never tried the black ones below...... So only one Problem left: can i use an iPod without the TV powered on?

Mark
post #176 of 316 Old 11-24-2011, 10:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Panny Direct has the 370 right now priced @ $249.99, 1/2 off the MSRP. Just ordered mine a few hours ago...........free shipping. It was still $25 less than Fry's BF price.
post #177 of 316 Old 11-25-2011, 12:48 AM

Does anyone know how to create multiple Netflix accounts on the btt270 model?
post #178 of 316 Old 11-25-2011, 02:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
man i was about to order that 370 or the 770 to match my gt30 but seems to have to many problems- sucks now i have to spend $$$$$$$$$$$$$ on separates.
it shoud just be able to turn on and work. every keeps talking about going throough menus every time on and off??

i need simple stuff for the wife

is it worth it or no?
post #179 of 316 Old 11-26-2011, 01:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltysteven View Post

man i was about to order that 370 or the 770 to match my gt30 but seems to have to many problems- sucks now i have to spend $$$$$$$$$$$$$ on separates.
it shoud just be able to turn on and work. every keeps talking about going throough menus every time on and off??

i need simple stuff for the wife

is it worth it or no?

Man i forgot about that. Maybe i can put a note on the door & refuse delivery and w8 for panny direct to refund my card.

I would've thought they had done away with that by now, via fw upd8s. I need something simple for the wife too. damn........, i guess i'll just keep my pos htib, 5 yr old onkyo & get the better blu-ray player made by sammie the 6700 series.
post #180 of 316 Old 11-26-2011, 06:54 AM

I am considering buying the SC-BTT770 right now off Panasonic's black friday sale for $350. Can anyone tell me if this system can play mkv files via an external HDD formatted to NTFS. I read the previous pages and there seemed to be conflicting arguments on whether it could or not.
Reply Home Theater In A Box

Tags
Panasonic

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page