Official Panasonic BT270/370/770 Owner's Thread - Page 9 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #241 of 316 Old 02-05-2012, 08:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Is anyone have problems with Viera Cast? The icons load really slow & when trying to watch Hulu Plus, the video & audio breaks up & stutters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 316 Old 02-05-2012, 09:23 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have a wireless N router linked to my 770 but when I go into wireless settings in the 770 it shows that It's connecting @ Wireless G instead of wireless N & it shows in the instruction manual that this unit has wireless N built in. I have other Wireless N devices linked to the router & they run @ N speeds like they're suppose to. I've contacted Panasonic several times about this but they've been 0 help.
post #243 of 316 Old 02-06-2012, 02:23 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I own a TC-P55ST30 with a DISH DVR and a PS3 connected with no sound system yet. So I have been researching the BTT370 and 770 to bring sound and 3D Blu-rays into the picture. I know the PS3 does 3d and Blu-ray, so should I just look for a home theater setup without a Blu-ray player or if the 370 or 770 better at 3D then the PS3?

Thanks
post #244 of 316 Old 02-07-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idicev View Post

Does anyone have discrete commands or codes for any of the inputs: FM, Aux, ARC, i-Pod, D-In, Hdmi1, Hdmi2, please?

Anyone for the above?
post #245 of 316 Old 02-07-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dta1984 View Post

Hey guys, just bought a BTT 370 and got it hooked up last night to my 50" S2 Panny TV. Everything works good, and powers up together (though there is a slight delay from the htib unit). I noticed today that when everything is first turned on, and the tv picture comes up as well as the sound, there is a brief cut out in the sound after being on approx 30seconds. It lasts maybe 2 seconds, then the sound is normal and never happens again. Anyone else experience this? Thinking maybe there is a setting somewhere or something. My setup is this;
HMDI ARC TV - HDMI ARC on HTIB
HDMI TWC Cable box - HDMI in on HTIB
No optical audio cable (do i need this?)
Thanks!

Just seeing if anyone else has had this issue with a brief cut out in sound upon startup?
post #246 of 316 Old 02-08-2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dta1984 View Post

Just seeing if anyone else has had this issue with a brief cut out in sound upon startup?

I have a similar set up to you. HDMI II ARC TV - HDMI ARC HTIB, HDMI I TV-Virgin Cable Box. I also have an optical cable from the virgin box to the HTIB optical. My TV & HTIB are Viera linked and I had problems with the sound until I found that on my Panasonic TV I had to set each channels ie HDMI 1,2,3 + TV and AV sound settings individually. The defaults are set to Analog and need to be set to digital. I also needed to switch off the HTIB in order to access the full sound channel menu on the TV. When the HTIB is on it limits the access to the Sound settings to headphone access only. Some people on this thread have complained about no sound from the middle speaker while watching TV progs. I found that after I did the above then all the built in HTIB sound settings Like Dolby Plus etc worked as they should.
post #247 of 316 Old 02-10-2012, 04:42 PM

Those of you with the 770 would you recommend this for a small apartment or is this thing too much of a headache? Only thing that worries me is the lip sync problem. Thanks
post #248 of 316 Old 02-11-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacos View Post

Those of you with the 770 would you recommend this for a small apartment or is this thing too much of a headache? Only thing that worries me is the lip sync problem. Thanks

I believe I would go in a different direction if I were you!
post #249 of 316 Old 02-14-2012, 09:56 AM

I everyone,

Is it possible to connect our btt370 to a typical analog stereo input (one like the "aux" from the btt370 input)?

The idea is to play the btt370 sound on another sound system with this input.

Any workaround?

Thank you.

PS: sorry if this has already been discussed. If yes please let me know.
post #250 of 316 Old 02-15-2012, 04:55 PM

Could someone with the 770 try the following hack and let me know if it works. Its a region free hack and is working on Panasonic Blu ray players. It was taken from over at Dvdtalk. Thanks

All the information I have found on the internet has indicated that this player can only play Region B and C discs with a mod chip, with no remote solutions available. This is not the case!

All you need to do is load up the disc. When the message pops up that says the disc will only play in a Region B or C player pops up, press "stop" on the remote control. Then press "1" on the remote, followed by "enter." This will bypass the message and load up the disc to play normally.

Hard to believe that there's such a simple solution available. I'm assuming this works on the DMP-BD80 as well and possibly other Panasonic player.
post #251 of 316 Old 02-18-2012, 06:18 AM

Recently bought here in the UK the BTT370, I too am struggling to get the device to recognise any USB drives.

Has anyone successfully found a make/model of USB drive that the unit will work with?

The documentation says it should work on any USB 2.0 spec drive up to 2TB in size in FAT or FAT32 format. I've tried 3 different types so far with no success.
post #252 of 316 Old 02-18-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermad View Post

Anyone for the above?

I have a Logitech Harmony One.....their support had to do a special software program to get it recognize my 370 inputs because many of the inputs are on one toggle button...apparently no discrete commands exist.
post #253 of 316 Old 02-18-2012, 04:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by atfree View Post

I have a Logitech Harmony One.....their support had to do a special software program to get it recognize my 370 inputs because many of the inputs are on one toggle button...apparently no discrete commands exist.

Interested to hear that but could you explain about the details and why you found it was necessary?

I found that :-
... commands provided in the v.7.7.0 software database corresponded to the buttons on the original remote,
... BBT 370 has a loop of input commands which are 'bumped' by 'inputRadio/ExtIn/iPod',
... this all fits and works with method 1 for Harmony input selection.

At start up, BTT 370 goes to 'Home' but the last input is remembered so issuing an 'inputRadio/ExtIn/iPod' command accesses the input loop and sets the input, say at the remembered D-In which is suitable for optical input from the Tv...unless you want to do this manually at start up, you need to add a few delays and that command to the start of the first activity e.g. 'WatchTv(1st)'.

Thereafter, if the Tv is used as the hub for the other components, input 'D-in' does not need to be changed when switching between them (method 1 being a little slow)
post #254 of 316 Old 02-18-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrnG View Post

Is it possible to connect our btt370 to a typical analog stereo input (one like the "aux" from the btt370 input)?...The idea is to play the btt370 sound on another sound system with this input...Any workaround?

Hi. Yes this should be fine, and am not sure why a workaround might be needed.

In practice you just press the 'inputRadio/ExtIn/iPod' button to go to the next input in the input-loop until you get to the 'Aux' setting, when btt370 would output the Analog sound from the stereo audio leads.
Regards
post #255 of 316 Old 02-19-2012, 09:31 AM

Quote:

Interested to hear that but could you explain about the details and why you found it was necessary?

I found that :-
... commands provided in the v.7.7.0 software database corresponded to the buttons on the original remote,
... BBT 370 has a loop of input commands which are 'bumped' by 'inputRadio/ExtIn/iPod',
... this all fits and works with method 1 for Harmony input selection.

At start up, BTT 370 goes to 'Home' but the last input is remembered so issuing an 'inputRadio/ExtIn/iPod' command accesses the input loop and sets the input, say at the remembered D-In which is suitable for optical input from the Tv...unless you want to do this manually at start up, you need to add a few delays and that command to the start of the first activity e.g. 'WatchTv(1st)'.

Thereafter, if the Tv is used as the hub for the other components, input 'D-in' does not need to be changed when switching between them (method 1 being a little slow)

I have 3devices connected: DVR to HDMI 1, PS3 to HDMI 2, Wii to Aux, plus Listen to Radio. I, nor Logitech support, could ever get the toggles to work correctly between activities since one button on 370 remote toggles some inputs while others (BD, IPod) have dedicated buttons. They finally did their special "mixed method" program for me. All works fine now.
post #256 of 316 Old 02-19-2012, 10:25 AM

I am really struggling to get my BTT370 to play or recognise any video formats. I have got a sample of MPG AVI and MKV files and have been trying them via streaming, USB stick and even burning them onto a disk and playing off there.

My DivV and MKV files can be seen on USB and disk but when you play you get nothing, the counter stays at 00:00:00, and bkank screen.

I have found some AVI files that will stream (but wont play if put on USB or on disk) but I have no sound on any of them. The same AVi file will stream to my Panasonic TV no problem!

The only thing I can get the 370 to play is Blu ray disks. But I bought it to be able to play these other format files.
post #257 of 316 Old 02-19-2012, 10:29 AM

Thanks atfree.

Well done that's sounds brilliant, and well done Harmony Support for fixing things up. I found support absolutely excellent too, and far better than one had any right to expect. On the other hand some complain that support doesn't help...

Fantastic result, even though in the end it's only a remote , but what joy and how useful when everything works! Full marks to Harmony - there's nothing to touch it
post #258 of 316 Old 02-22-2012, 04:33 PM

Use Mediainfo and check for Header striping then use MKVMerge to remove it.I had the same problem now all my movies play as they should.
post #259 of 316 Old 02-23-2012, 03:28 AM

After having spent a day trying to get different formats to work (event putting a sample of each format on a USB stick, a DVD and streaming) I was struggling to get any to work.

I stuck in a Blu Ray disk and played it to make sure that was still working, went for dinner, came back tried one more time - and everything played.

MP3s, AVIs, MKVs, the lot.

I have No idea why they have started working or why playing a Blu Ray would have sorted it it.

I hate electronics
post #260 of 316 Old 02-24-2012, 03:35 AM

Wasn't really satisfied with auto-lip-sync so started adjusting the delay, but it was hard to decide where to leave it.

Tv's lip sync with its own speakers seemed quite satisfactory, and noticeably better than after adjusting BTT speakers by eye. Problem was that we just couldn't decide which way the BTT was 'out'.

Using the TV speaker's sync as a benchmark, running BTT's output and TV's speakers together helped to discover the best setting by ear, when the echo was minimized at sound delay 130ms.

The 'echo effect' couldn't be eliminated but repeatably got worse either side of the best setting, which seems to show that doing it by ear is a good method.
post #261 of 316 Old 02-26-2012, 07:29 AM

Got a BTT270. Does anyone know how to get it to display usb hdd files alphabeticaly instead of date created . At the moment i have to delete and recopy all files to show alphabeticaly and its takes ages.
post #262 of 316 Old 02-26-2012, 08:25 AM

Hi everyone,
First message on AVS Forum ever

I have a quick question I need to clarify ASAP following the installation of the Home theater above (Hope I am in the right section)

I have done all the initial instal and am planning to use the HDMI in for both my cable Box + Mediacenter.

So far, with the media center, I have only been able to get Stereo to work hence my horrible doubt...

Has any of you guys manage to get a 5.1 sound out of home theatre using and HDMI in and not the built in DVD/Blue ray player???

If the anser is No, this goes back directly where it cam from and I take my money back.
Thanks in advance for your answer and just in cae you wonder, I have upgraded to the Firmware 1.5 already.
Bye
post #263 of 316 Old 02-29-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:

Hi. Yes this should be fine, and am not sure why a workaround might be needed.

In practice you just press the 'inputRadio/ExtIn/iPod' button to go to the next input in the input-loop until you get to the 'Aux' setting, when btt370 would output the Analog sound from the stereo audio leads.
Regards

Hello and thanks for the reply.

I'm not quite sure you understood the problem or maybe I didn't understand your reply.

I'd like to connect the btt370 to a system that has RCA (stereo analog) as inputs. Since the "Aux" from btt370 is a input and not output as I needed. So, is there any way to connect the btt370 to a RCA input of other system?

For example, I want to output the Ipod or the FM radio of the btt370 to a RCA input system... Is it possible??

Thank you
post #264 of 316 Old 02-29-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrnG View Post

Hello and thanks for the reply.

I'm not quite sure you understood the problem or maybe I didn't understand your reply.

I'd like to connect the btt370 to a system that has RCA (stereo analog) as inputs. Since the "Aux" from btt370 is a input and not output as I needed. So, is there any way to connect the btt370 to a RCA input of other system?

For example, I want to output the Ipod or the FM radio of the btt370 to a RCA input system... Is it possible??

Thank you

Apologies - the former was the case, and thanks for coming back

It does not look as if stereo sound can be output from BTT370 directly to RCA but you might consider experimenting with using 'Hdmi out' to get sound to the TV, and then take it from the Tv via the headphone socket or RCA terminals.

What do I know but P.39 of the BTT370 manual gives a couple of hints that this might be a possiblity

"TV / Device Connection:-

....HDMI Audio Output
This setting selects whether or not to output audio from
HDMI.
≥ Audio will be output through the system's speakers when
"Off" is selected.

HDMI Standby Pass-Through
Even if this unit is in standby mode, a device connected
with this unit can output videos and sound to the TV.
Moreover, you can switch the HDMI input terminal by
pressing [EXT-IN] on the remote control.
≥ Sound will not be output from this unit's speakers......"
post #265 of 316 Old 02-29-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootoo256 View Post

...I have done all the initial instal and am planning to use the HDMI in for both my cable Box + Mediacenter.

So far, with the media center, I have only been able to get Stereo to work hence my horrible doubt...

Has any of you guys manage to get a 5.1 sound out of home theatre using and HDMI in and not the built in DVD/Blue ray player???...

Hi bootoo56. We are using the Tv as the hub for a couple of PVRs, one of which is FoxSat HDR which can receive the fancy sound that comes with some HiDef Tv broadcasts, when a 'DD' symbol appears with 'digital' on the screen. When this symbol is displayed the 5 speakers seem to give better surround sound, which is most noticeable when watching action films.

The subject of 5.1 sound is full of jargon and seems quite complicated, but some formats are sometimes said not to be transmissible by Hdmi. Also most broadcasts do not make 5.1 sound available anyway so there is less to worry about.

On the other hand BTTs have settings which can reproduce stereo sound as 5.1 from stereo sound, so that all the speakers work. We use Digital-In (for optical from Tv) and 'Manual - Dolby Pro Logic II - Music' (or Cinema, to which it may automatically switch for some films) which seems to work fine and when the Dolby symbol shows the sound is noticeably more dramatic.

Although our Tv (hub) is connected to the BTT370 by Hdmi and optical for the sound, the FoxSat is connected first to the Tv by Hdmi, so the 5.1 sound seems to be getting down the Hdmi cable ok.
post #266 of 316 Old 03-01-2012, 06:49 AM

Thanks for the quick reply.

My next step is to try exactly what's described in that manual page and verify what happens and at which conditions it applies.

I'll post the results of this experiment.

Thanks for the support
post #267 of 316 Old 03-01-2012, 02:22 PM

Anyone with the 770 care to share your sound settings/speaker settings? I received this earlier in the week and I'm about to start playing with it. Was curious if someone who has a good setup wanted to help me out?

Anyone using speaker stands for the back speakers? Care to recommend some stands? Thanks for any help.
post #268 of 316 Old 03-06-2012, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacos View Post

Anyone with the 770 care to share your sound settings/speaker settings? I received this earlier in the week and I'm about to start playing with it. Was curious if someone who has a good setup wanted to help me out?

Anyone using speaker stands for the back speakers? Care to recommend some stands? Thanks for any help.

I ordered the "Atlantic Satellite 77305018 2 Speaker Stands (Black)" from amazon.com for the back speakers. They are $34.24 right now. They worked for me and they are the right price.

Good luck.

sn
post #269 of 316 Old 03-07-2012, 02:22 PM

Hey guys,

I have a BT-230 and just after upgrading my firmware to 1.76(I think or 74) - the player won't play BLU-RAY but it will play DVD. Any idea WTH is going on? Bluray laser kaput? If so, how expensive to fix?
post #270 of 316 Old 03-10-2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerandchips View Post

I ordered the "Atlantic Satellite 77305018 2 Speaker Stands (Black)" from amazon.com for the back speakers. They are $34.24 right now. They worked for me and they are the right price.

Good luck.

sn

Thank you. I'm liking the looks of these. I've narrowed it down to these and some similar that kind of hover over. Which I'm not sure would even make a difference. 50 dollar difference at that.
Reply Home Theater In A Box

Tags
Panasonic

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page