Newbie help please! Yamaha YSP 3000 or 2200?!... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-19-2011, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello. This is my first post and I must confess that I'm a complete newbie at this stuff. Long story short is I'm interested in upgrading the built-in speakers in my plasma, and want a Yamaha YSP. Here's my situation, thanks in advance for your guidance!...

I found a (discontinued) YSP 3000 for (only!) $315 at frys.com so bought it. I've been focused on the YSP 2200 but couldn't refuse what I think is a great deal. Now...I have a few days to decide if I want to stick with the 3000 or return it. My main question is...which produces a better sound? The 3000 with its greater number of drivers, or the 2200 as it's "updated" technology (and comes with a sub). If the 3000 produces better sound...I'd probably get a sub to go with it...but at that point am at about the price I could have the 2200 for. So...you're hopefully getting my dilemma.

Again, thank you very much for lending your expertise. I've had a very hard time finding a retailer that knows a lot about these models (let alone have one in the store!), and even the folks at Yamaha aren't as knowledgeable and hands on as I'd like.

Anthony

San Francisco, CA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-22-2011, 12:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I would put this in the soundbar section and not the HTiB section.
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page