Onkyo Speaker Mounting - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-26-2011, 08:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just purchased the Onkyo 6300 HTIB, had a question about wall mounting the speakers. Do you recommend buying speaker brackets or just putting a screw in the wall and hanging them that way? Any difference in performance? I was looking at these brackets:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...=2#description

Lastly found out last night that I need to use in-wall speaker wire. Do I really run the risk of starting a fire using normal speaker wire in the wall? How difficult is it to thread the wire thru a wall that is already dry walled?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-26-2011, 09:59 AM

I recently set one of these up for a friend of mine. We weren't sure if he was going to be able to wall mount cause his house is old as hell, but we talked to an electrician who said it should be fine.

If your walls are already dry walled it might not be a bad idea just to get the adhesive panels for wires that stick on your wall. Looks fine ascetically in my opinion and is a hell of a lot easier than doing actual construction. If your content on doing inwall I would probably get better speaker wire as its permanent.

I'd definitely recommend getting wall mounts so you can optimize the location/angle of the speaker.
post #3 of 6 Old 01-26-2011, 12:05 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I got something similar from BB for my Onkyo speakers but mine are longer and have 2 pivot points on them. They are fine. Does your speaker just have the hole on the back that is similiar to a picture frame mount?
post #4 of 6 Old 01-29-2011, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

Any recommendation on speaker stands that will work with this unit?
post #5 of 6 Old 01-30-2011, 02:38 PM

Sanus makes some solid stands for pretty cheap. These are their cheapest. I use them for my HT-S3300 but I would be shocked if they couldn't hold up the 6300 fronts.
post #6 of 6 Old 02-02-2011, 06:38 AM

The mounts you linked to can be found at Walmart for about $6. They worked great for my little Sony speakers, but I have yet to decide how I am going to mount my S5300 speakers as well. They only have the little picture frame type bracket on them. I will probably just set them on a screw with drywall anchor like a picture would hang.
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page