Forum Jump: 

Old 07-25-2011, 01:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ODD-1 View Post

Anyone having issues with Streaming via Nero MediaHome 4 worked fine till i did the 336 update now it will always say empty ?

I'm also having problems with using Nero MediaHome 4 on both my LG 536 and my LG 55LW5600 TV. Nero rarely connects to either of the devices through the DLNA. Very frustrating. Not sure if the problem is with the devices or the software.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2011, 04:18 PM

Liked: 11
New update out, added Hulu plus. Moved the radio station button to the 2nd group, sigh. I'd love to see the ability to customize the order of the buttons.

AMP, it's like MSG for your TV!
Old 07-27-2011, 06:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitgod View Post

New update out, added Hulu plus. Moved the radio station button to the 2nd group, sigh. I'd love to see the ability to customize the order of the buttons.

Are your Hulu Plus, Amazon, and NHL buttons a little longer than the other buttons, or is it just on my machine?

P.S. Good to see Netflix back at the #1 spot!
Old 07-28-2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVSkilz View Post
I'm also having problems with using Nero MediaHome 4 on both my LG 536 and my LG 55LW5600 TV. Nero rarely connects to either of the devices through the DLNA. Very frustrating. Not sure if the problem is with the devices or the software.
I finally fixed the issue i had to uninstall it then reinstall and made sure it was set to random n not to a specific port. But now some .mkv files will give me an error "This File May not play properly" Never had an issue playing them.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamabam View Post

Anybody know a way to configure the system to ONLY have audio play through the system's speakers and NOT through the TV's speakers? I cannot seem to find an option for this anywhere in the menus, and I would rather not have to connect via Component or always have to put the TV on mute.

Thanks!!

This is going to be a function of your TV. You will either need to disable the speakers in the TV's setup menu, or at the very least turn the volume all the way down.

Ok, here is my question. On the front page of the Home screen, there is an area called "My Apps" or something similar. Is there any way to move things from the Premium screen to that area? I want to have Netflix and others more easily accessible, while hiding (somewhat) the things I don't use and never will.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbird View Post

Ok, here is my question. On the front page of the Home screen, there is an area called "My Apps" or something similar. Is there any way to move things from the Premium screen to that area?

Nope. Now, can somebody please answer my question regarding the latest Premium Apps update:

Are your Hulu Plus, Amazon, and NHL buttons a little longer than the other buttons, or is it just on my machine?
Old 07-30-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeAd MiKe 187 View Post

Nope. Now, can somebody please answer my question regarding the latest Premium Apps update:

Nope, my buttons all look the same.

I wish they'd let us add shortcuts from the premiums to the My Apps, that would work out fine too. Kind of a drag to have the v-tuner on the second page and have buttons I'll lever use on the first.

AMP, it's like MSG for your TV!
Old 08-01-2011, 04:34 AM

Tried the latest 7/22 software update 5 times and fails every time. Was connected with an ethernet cable directly to my router. Any ideas? Tried downloading the file from LG's support section, but couldn't get that to work either via USB. Drives me nuts not having the latest updates.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitgod View Post

Nope, my buttons all look the same.

On top of a few of my App buttons being a little larger than the others, my HuluPlus app has a black background (like the Amazon one) while my friend's has a green background. Why the hell am I getting different Premium Apps updates than the rest of you guys!?
Old 08-04-2011, 06:39 AM

I just bought the 536 and loving it. I've got my wireless set up and the 536 says it passes the connection test and shows I'm connected....

However, haven't been able to update it at all....Keeps failing and powering down the system.

Otherwise, it's working fine. Tempted to just forget the updates since it'll probably just create more problems....

Any suggestions?
Old 08-09-2011, 03:17 PM

tts42572 - My updates failed over and over and over. Tried again the other day and it worked flawlessly, and this was over wireless. I spoke with a rep using the online chat, and he said they can send you an update disk in the mail for free if all else fails.

Really like this system, although have noticed one bug. Sometimes when I turn on the system to watch my comcast stuff (HDMI 1 Input) there is no sound at all. I have to hit the Home button on the LG and then reselect the Input to fix this. Kind of annoying, but not too bad.

Other than that, the sound is fabulous for our living room. Needed something with small speakers to mount on the walls and didn't want to break the bank. Plus I got to move my WD TV Live Plus box into the other room, so now I have media streaming everywhere.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by file8761 View Post

Really like this system, although have noticed one bug. Sometimes when I turn on the system to watch my comcast stuff (HDMI 1 Input) there is no sound at all. I have to hit the Home button on the LG and then reselect the Input to fix this. Kind of annoying, but not too bad.

I have a similar issue. My DirecTV receiver goes to HDMI in 1 on the LBH536. Then HDMI out on the LBH536 goes to HDMI 1 ARC on my 55LW5600. When I turn everything on sometimes I get no input on the TV screen, or I get audio but no video, or sometimes I get both. It is easily solved by pushing the input button on the LBH536 remote and choosing HDMI 1. The problem is I live in a home with technologically challenged family members who find this impossible to do.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:56 AM

I kept trying to do the update with a wireless connection but was never able to. And also the unit froze up and I wasn't able to get it to operate correctly after that and needed to exchange it. Safe to say I haven't even set up the wireless connection on the new one because I don't want it even searching for updates and trying to install it.

I've requested a disk from support...but I'm not even sure if I'll install it for fear of creating problems again.....I really don't even need any of the internet features right now....Just want to watch DVD's and BR's and that is it.

Anyone know what features are in the updates? Is it really worth it/necessary to install?

Overall though, I really like the sound this system puts out and is perfect for the small room I have it in. Sounds great...but not impressed with the wireless features since all I had is problems when trying to use them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by file8761 View Post

tts42572 - My updates failed over and over and over. Tried again the other day and it worked flawlessly, and this was over wireless. I spoke with a rep using the online chat, and he said they can send you an update disk in the mail for free if all else fails.

Other than that, the sound is fabulous for our living room. Needed something with small speakers to mount on the walls and didn't want to break the bank. Plus I got to move my WD TV Live Plus box into the other room, so now I have media streaming everywhere.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:33 AM

Does anyone know if the LHB326 BR player can play Divx/Xvid files? I see that it says it can play DivX, but I would like confirmation. I have a ton of movies in Xvid format.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:36 PM

what kind of connectors these set uses? are they proprietary connectors?
Old 09-02-2011, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isrararrafi View Post

what kind of connectors these set uses? are they proprietary connectors?

If you're talking about the speaker connections, no. They're the spring loaded ones that use regular speaker wire (not sure of the technical term), which was a major selling point for me.

Anyone else having trouble with Netflix crashing the unit lately? Bob the Builder especially seems to not be getting the job done these days.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:47 PM

I bought the LHB 536 and installed it easily. It worked well for 3 days. But on the 3rd day while playing a DVD there were several loud pops and then no audio. I put in a CD and Blu -ray and there was about 2.5 seconds of audio and the it cut off. So I did the following:

1. Reset according to LG manual - 2.5 seconds then no audio
2. Adjusted DRC to all three setting - 2.5 seconds then no audio
3. Switched HDM Cable - 2.5 seconds then no audio
4. Downloaded and installed LG Firmware upgrade - 2.5 seconds then no audio
5.Reseated all speaker cables looking for a short - - 2.5 seconds then no audio
6. Called LG and went through the above 5 steps with them. - 2.5 seconds then no audio

As a hardware/software developer of sophisticated electronics I could accept an infant mortality explanation but I can just as easily accept a design flaw and since it is at my cost to ship it back I've decided to get some other manufacturer's home theater system in lieu of getting it replaced only to fail in the same way.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:17 PM

Hello gang.

If this has already been asked before, please forgive me.

I have an LHB336, and I love it. The only hiccup i've had with it is when I access music stored on my "Stora" remote hard drive, the album cover thumbnails don't show up. If I move the songs to my laptop, they do show up.

I have no idea what's going on. I have used mediamonkey to tag the album cover info to each song.

Anybody have any ideas? I can live without the thumbnails, but I really don't want to.......lol.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:35 AM

Had our LBH536 do a firmware update search yesterday 9/20 and it found one. Not sure what all it did, but the update was flawless. Just thought I would pass this on for those who might not know about it.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connestee View Post

Had our LBH536 do a firmware update search yesterday 9/20 and it found one. Not sure what all it did, but the update was flawless. Just thought I would pass this on for those who might not know about it.

Yeah, I haven't yet noticed any differences. Perhaps it was strictly to add new decryption methods for newer movies.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:34 PM

I ordered the 536 this week, it should be coming soon. This thread full of great information, I had two other questions

1) For those who use the video playback, will it see my vanilla external NAS share, or does it have to have dlna? I read a post here that it did not, but I wanted to check.

2) Is the wire permanently connected to the back to the rears, if not what kind of connector do they use? I have to make a short run through a wall, and need to know if i'll be obliged to splice.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoserb View Post

I ordered the 536 this week, it should be coming soon. This thread full of great information, I had two other questions

1) For those who use the video playback, will it see my vanilla external NAS share, or does it have to have dlna? I read a post here that it did not, but I wanted to check.

2) Is the wire permanently connected to the back to the rears, if not what kind of connector do they use? I have to make a short run through a wall, and need to know if i'll be obliged to splice.

Thanks in advance.

I can't help with your first question, but the wires to the rears are not permanently connected. They have the clip type connectors where you push the tab and the opening for the wire opens and once the wire is in you release the tab.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:10 AM

Unit works well for the most part, but when it first loads a movie I have to be careful not to mess with the volume control for the first minute or two. Maybe the processor cannot handle the amount of work required, but our unit will often stall or shut off if I try to adjust the volume during this short period. So far this is the only problem we have had, LBH536 is everything I hoped it would be.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:59 AM

Liked: 12
After a couple months, some minor complaints...

- input selection is really dumb, very hard to use a Harmony remote. needs a "home" input and have to press "next input" twice to change the first time.
- changing sound effect also clumbsy
- disc drive is noisy, even just opening/closing.
- vol "1" is low but not real low. volume control is coarse.
- fan blows out of back kinda noisy, not bad but not silent either

Streamed a movie from my share and worked well.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDSway View Post

After a couple months, some minor complaints...

- input selection is really dumb, very hard to use a Harmony remote. needs a "home" input and have to press "next input" twice to change the first time.
- changing sound effect also clumbsy
- disc drive is noisy, even just opening/closing.
- vol "1" is low but not real low. volume control is coarse.

Streamed a movie from my share and worked well.

Same here, I have a few minor complaints but am overall pleased with our 536. We have never had a problem playing blu-rays, only occasionally when streaming Netflix will the unit have a problem loading the movie and shut off just after the movie starts.

I know some look down on HTIB units and one can probably get somewhat better sound from more expensive separate component systems, but for the money this is a good way to go if you aren't the type that wants to brag on their high dollar equipment.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:12 PM

Does anyone know how to keep the camera angle icon from popping on when there is an alternate view available. I bought Star Trek on blu-ray and it gives you the option to watch with the old effects or the new ones. You make the choice at the menu and that little camera icon keeps coming up constantly. There are also instances where right before or after a chapter change the video will speed up for a second or two and sometimes the audio will cut off some words. It didn't do this on my ps3, but it does on my LHB536. Thanks!
Old 11-07-2011, 01:50 PM

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and I see you're discussing the LG LHB Blu-Ray home-theater-in-a-box systems. I was wondering if anyone could answer a question about the LHB326 before I settle on purchasing one.

In my house, we don't often watch blu-ray movies; we mostly use our home theater system just for the sound system while watching normal cable television.

I have a Philips blu-ray theater system that I plan to return because every single time you turn on the TV, turning on the sound system isn't just as simple as pressing the power button ... you have to wait for it to power up, then go into the audio source menu, then select the cable receiver as the audio input, and then switch back to the cable box to watch TV. It's a huge pain, because you have to set it up every time.

So my question is, will the LG LHB326 remember my audio source settings so that when I want to have nice audio while watching TV, I can simply turn on the Blu-Ray player and go?

Thanks!
CASEY
Old 11-12-2011, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyG View Post

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and I see you're discussing the LG LHB Blu-Ray home-theater-in-a-box systems. I was wondering if anyone could answer a question about the LHB326 before I settle on purchasing one.

In my house, we don't often watch blu-ray movies; we mostly use our home theater system just for the sound system while watching normal cable television.

I have a Philips blu-ray theater system that I plan to return because every single time you turn on the TV, turning on the sound system isn't just as simple as pressing the power button ... you have to wait for it to power up, then go into the audio source menu, then select the cable receiver as the audio input, and then switch back to the cable box to watch TV. It's a huge pain, because you have to set it up every time.

So my question is, will the LG LHB326 remember my audio source settings so that when I want to have nice audio while watching TV, I can simply turn on the Blu-Ray player and go?

Thanks!
CASEY

Casey, yes our 536 remembers what source we were using the last time before we turned it off. Occasionally when switching channels a lot, like when following two or more football games, the unit will not output and we have to push the home button on the remote and choose input and then select HDMI1, which is the input our satellite receiver is plugged into. It doesn't happen much, though.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:19 PM

New firmware out today 11/16 for 536 for those who want to update.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:41 AM

Any sort of release notes? Things have been pretty stable since the last update (no Netflix crashes). Wondering if I want to mess with an update right now.

Tags
Lg Brand , Lg , Blu Ray Players