Forum Jump: 

post #151 of 230 Old 11-22-2011, 04:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connestee View Post

Casey, yes our 536 remembers what source we were using the last time before we turned it off. Occasionally when switching channels a lot, like when following two or more football games, the unit will not output and we have to push the home button on the remote and choose input and then select HDMI1, which is the input our satellite receiver is plugged into. It doesn't happen much, though.

There is a quicker way then pressing the Home button, just go straight to the input by pushing the input button.

I have yet to update my 536, as I currently do not have it hooked up to the internet, soon though just waiting on my new wall unit.

I would like to see a fix for; I have a LG TV as well and I use the simplink function, it works great providing I don't leave a disk in the player.

How it works is; whatever I'm watching on the TV and I want to send the audio to the 536, I just press simplink button and choose HT instead of TV Speakers, it then turns on my 536 if it's off and changes the input to ARC if it's not currently on it. (I use the HDMI1 on my TV as it has ARC capability)

Works good, but it's not 5.1, it's only stereo, wish they (LG) would fix that too.

Deke
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 230 Old 11-23-2011, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke2011 View Post

There is a quicker way then pressing the Home button, just go straight to the input by pushing the input button.

I have yet to update my 536, as I currently do not have it hooked up to the internet, soon though just waiting on my new wall unit.

I would like to see a fix for; I have a LG TV as well and I use the simplink function, it works great providing I don't leave a disk in the player.

How it works is; whatever I'm watching on the TV and I want to send the audio to the 536, I just press simplink button and choose HT instead of TV Speakers, it then turns on my 536 if it's off and changes the input to ARC if it's not currently on it. (I use the HDMI1 on my TV as it has ARC capability)

Works good, but it's not 5.1, it's only stereo, wish they (LG) would fix that too.

Deke

Same here on the TV, we have the 55LW5600 and it will not pass through 5.1 audio. It's not a problem since we run HDMI from our satellite receiver direct to the 536, but for those with older equipment or those who have to run audio through the TV it blows that many LG TV's will not pass through 5.1 audio. They do need to fix that.
post #153 of 230 Old 11-25-2011, 09:52 AM

Out of no where our 536 is not outputting the NFL channel received via DirecTV (channel 212) in 5.1 audio. Its stereo of some kind, and our other sound system-TV setup that is connected to the same source still outputs the channel in 5.1. I have no idea what happened and it's the only channel I have found at this point that is doing this. Go figure??????????
post #154 of 230 Old 11-25-2011, 06:36 PM

Quote:

Out of no where our 536 is not outputting the NFL channel received via DirecTV (channel 212) in 5.1 audio. Its stereo of some kind, and our other sound system-TV setup that is connected to the same source still outputs the channel in 5.1. I have no idea what happened and it's the only channel I have found at this point that is doing this. Go figure??????????

Yes, funny thing I noticed that as well, when watching Directv through the 536 it's not 5.1, it says PCM2/0.0, I'm guessing that is just stereo. Is it all the channels or not?

I get 5.1 via a BD or mkv files via a harddrive on usb port.

Deke
post #155 of 230 Old 11-26-2011, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke2011 View Post

Yes, funny thing I noticed that as well, when watching Directv through the 536 it's not 5.1, it says PCM2/0.0, I'm guessing that is just stereo. Is it all the channels or not?

I get 5.1 via a BD or mkv files via a harddrive on usb port.

Deke

NFL channel is the only channel so far. I scanned a lot of other channels to see if I could find another that was doing the same and came up empty.

OK, I have to edit this post. Just after I posted the NFL channel was the only channel that I was having a problem with I turned on our 536 which is connected to a LG 55LW5600 TV and found the same problem not only with the NFL channel, but with several channels in the 500-560 range on DirecTV. These are the HBO, Startz, TMC, Cinemax movie channels for those who are interested. I'm going to call LG and see what is going on here.

Edit again after talking to LG support, they tried, but were unable to help. I may try switching out DirecTV receivers to see if that makes any difference.
post #156 of 230 Old 12-03-2011, 04:43 AM

When I first start the disk in our 536 there is nothing coming from the center speaker. All I have to do to correct it is to push the sound effects button on the remote and bump it to a different setting. I usually have it on natural plus, but it doesn't matter what it is set to, it happens every time.
post #157 of 230 Old 12-04-2011, 12:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

When I first start the disk in our 536 there is nothing coming from the center speaker. All I have to do to correct it is to push the sound effects button on the remote and bump it to a different setting. I usually have it on natural plus, but it doesn't matter what it is set to, it happens every time.

Happens to me OFTEN with Blu-rays.
post #158 of 230 Old 12-05-2011, 11:30 AM

Hello and Good day fellow LG owners I just wanted to share a little good news atleast I think its good news... I don't know if any of you are familiar with Samsungs new touch screen remote for the 8000 and 9000 series, but they charge a hefty amount for it, but LG offers 2 remote apps that I think are just genius... One is for Blu-ray players that I tested and it worked on my LHB976 and could quite possibly work on the 536 and 336 and one app for their HDTV's which I've tested on my 55LW5600 and it works flawlessly... There's only 2 things you need a Android Smartphone and a Wireless connection, aside from powering on the HTIB or TV you would never need the remotes that came with the HTIB or TV not even the wii like remote which gets emulated by a mouse like tracking on your touchscreen Android...
post #159 of 230 Old 12-06-2011, 01:10 PM

I have the 535, and am thinking about upgrading. Almost all of my gripes have been addressed (double click remote, audio quality, youtube quality settings, hulu+, amazon vod), but I wanted to ask about one last thing:

Sometimes its easier for me to watch Netflix from my Xbox. However, my Xbox is plugged into the 535, not the TV directly, and due to some digital protection of some kind, it says it can't make a secure link.

One solution could be to plug the Xbox into the TV (LG Infinia 47 something or other) and then run audio to the 535. I would like to avoid this because it would require switching inputs around every time I play, which is added hassle to an already input switching heavy system).

Does anyone know if the 536 addresses this problem? Or is there something can change with my current setup to fix it?
post #160 of 230 Old 12-07-2011, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kravmanaut View Post

I have the 535, and am thinking about upgrading. Almost all of my gripes have been addressed (double click remote, audio quality, youtube quality settings, hulu+, amazon vod), but I wanted to ask about one last thing:

Sometimes its easier for me to watch Netflix from my Xbox. However, my Xbox is plugged into the 535, not the TV directly, and due to some digital protection of some kind, it says it can't make a secure link.

One solution could be to plug the Xbox into the TV (LG Infinia 47 something or other) and then run audio to the 535. I would like to avoid this because it would require switching inputs around every time I play, which is added hassle to an already input switching heavy system).

Does anyone know if the 536 addresses this problem? Or is there something can change with my current setup to fix it?

I don't have an Xbox, but I believe your problem may be HDCP related after doing a google search. Here is some interesting info:

http://formatwarcentral.com/2008/10/...lix-streaming/
post #161 of 230 Old 12-07-2011, 08:00 PM

What's a good speaker stand for the rear speakers of the LHB536?

Thanks
Deke
post #162 of 230 Old 12-09-2011, 07:44 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
post #163 of 230 Old 12-20-2011, 09:14 AM

Hello all,

Has anyone in this post bought the LG LHB326 version? I just bought it at Walmart for $228. I bought it b/c of the price and b/c it mentions ipod connection. I planned to buy my ipod soon but I don't see where the ipod would connect. Is via the usb port or that headphone jack?
post #164 of 230 Old 12-22-2011, 07:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrncephil80 View Post

Hello all,

Has anyone in this post bought the LG LHB326 version? I just bought it at Walmart for $228. I bought it b/c of the price and b/c it mentions ipod connection. I planned to buy my ipod soon but I don't see where the ipod would connect. Is via the usb port or that headphone jack?

The attachable iPod dock should be in the box.
post #165 of 230 Old 12-28-2011, 09:24 AM

are you saying this from personal experience or assumption? There wasn't an ipod dock in my box
post #166 of 230 Old 12-28-2011, 02:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrncephil80 View Post

are you saying this from personal experience or assumption? There wasn't an ipod dock in my box

I have the 536 and it came with an iPod dock. I made the assumption that yours would come with one also if it said something about an iPod connection.
post #167 of 230 Old 12-28-2011, 08:48 PM

hi, i have my l have the LG hb536 hooked to my xbox 360 via optical but it dosent give me a 5.1 sound, what could it be?
post #168 of 230 Old 12-29-2011, 12:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by choster View Post

hi, i have my l have the LG hb536 hooked to my xbox 360 via optical but it dosent give me a 5.1 sound, what could it be?

Did you set the audio correctly in the xbox settings?

No subwoofer I've heard has been able to produce the bass I've experienced in the Corps!

Must..stop...buying...every bluray release...
post #169 of 230 Old 12-31-2011, 04:17 AM

Did a manual check for firmware update on 12/30 and found one, but I don't know what it did.
post #170 of 230 Old 12-31-2011, 11:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Did a manual check for firmware update on 12/30 and found one, but I don't know what it did.

It's for the new Netflix update. Netflix is now much less buggy (can't find any bugs now, in fact), loads faster, and supports 5.1 surround sound on all titles that have it, as well as English subtitles on almost all videos. What a nice surprise. I wasn't expecting this model to get the new Netflix update. Very cool!
post #171 of 230 Old 01-01-2012, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeAd MiKe 187 View Post

It's for the new Netflix update. Netflix is now much less buggy (can't find any bugs now, in fact), loads faster, and supports 5.1 surround sound on all titles that have it, as well as English subtitles on almost all videos. What a nice surprise. I wasn't expecting this model to get the new Netflix update. Very cool!

Streaming Netflix has always been the most troublesome feature of our LHB536 in regard to the player freezing up, especially if we try to adjust the volume shortly after starting a show. We stream Amazon a lot, too, and it doesn't happen nearly as often.

This is good news and thanks for explaining what the update did.
post #172 of 230 Old 01-01-2012, 02:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

This is good news and thanks for explaining what the update did.

No problem! I was always having tons of Netflix problems, such as videos taking forever to load, not being able to resume a video after fast-forwarding, the player rebooting after trying to load a video, etc. I'm very happy to say that I haven't come across anything like that since updating (and I've watched about 6-7 different videos since and have done various things to try to cause the program to bug out).
post #173 of 230 Old 01-01-2012, 04:37 PM

I'm extremely frustrated. Had the 536 about three weeks now, it refuses to update, even via USB. Maybe I'm doing something wrong here or in the wrong order. Could someone please give me a step by step on how to get this thing updated once and for all???
Another issue, it seems to keep dropping the wifi connection every time I turn around and I have to re-enter everything all over again. What's the deal with that?

Edit: Ok, after changing the order in which I was trying to get the update to take via USB, it finally took...thank goodness!
But, does anyone have any insight into what's going on with the wifi connection dropping.
post #174 of 230 Old 01-01-2012, 07:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avonbeauty View Post

But, does anyone have any insight into what's going on with the wifi connection dropping.

That's definitely an unusual issue. Doing the following usually clears up weird issues:

Go into Settings, and Initialize. Then shut down the player. Unplug it, plug it back in, and turn it on. Put your WiFi information back in. Reboot and let me know if it stays.
post #175 of 230 Old 01-02-2012, 12:47 PM

Hello all,

I am considering buying the LHB336 and want to know how the setup is going to work before I buy it.

I have an LG 50" plasma and Dish network receiver. We also have a wii and an xbox360. Currently, we have no home theater and just use the tv speakers for everything.

What is the simplest way to set up the LHB336 with this setup and have surround 5.1 for all the systems?

Obviously, I have an HDMI cable going from the Dish receiver to the TV right now. If I set up the LHB336 going into HDMI2 on my tv, will I get 5.1 audio while watching TV on the Dish receiver, ie. will the audio go back to the LHB336 via the HDMI cable? Or do I need to do something else?

I'd really prefer to not have to switch the input on both the TV AND the 336 everytime I want to switch between xbox/Dish/blueray etc. I want the surround speakers to be the default speakers no matter what device I am using, instead of the tv speakers.

I hope my questions make sense. Thanks in advance for helping out a newbie!
post #176 of 230 Old 01-03-2012, 10:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush-Fan View Post

If I set up the LHB336 going into HDMI2 on my tv, will I get 5.1 audio while watching TV on the Dish receiver, ie. will the audio go back to the LHB336 via the HDMI cable? Or do I need to do something else?

The 336 only has one HDMI input, I believe. The 536 (which I have) has two HDMI inputs. With that, you can have the Dish connect to HDMI1 on your 536, and the Xbox 360 (or the Wii - not sure if Wii uses HDMI) connect to HDMI2, and have the Wii (or the Xbox 360) connect to the 536 using Toslink Optical Audio.

All of your devices will use the 536's speakers.
post #177 of 230 Old 01-03-2012, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyeagles2008 View Post

Hello and Good day fellow LG owners I just wanted to share a little good news atleast I think its good news... I don't know if any of you are familiar with Samsungs new touch screen remote for the 8000 and 9000 series, but they charge a hefty amount for it, but LG offers 2 remote apps that I think are just genius... One is for Blu-ray players that I tested and it worked on my LHB976 and could quite possibly work on the 536 and 336 and one app for their HDTV's which I've tested on my 55LW5600 and it works flawlessly... There's only 2 things you need a Android Smartphone and a Wireless connection, aside from powering on the HTIB or TV you would never need the remotes that came with the HTIB or TV not even the wii like remote which gets emulated by a mouse like tracking on your touchscreen Android...

There's an iPhone/iPad app as well. Haven't used it much, but it exists.

Quote:

I'm extremely frustrated. Had the 536 about three weeks now, it refuses to update, even via USB. Maybe I'm doing something wrong here or in the wrong order. Could someone please give me a step by step on how to get this thing updated once and for all???
Another issue, it seems to keep dropping the wifi connection every time I turn around and I have to re-enter everything all over again. What's the deal with that?

Edit: Ok, after changing the order in which I was trying to get the update to take via USB, it finally took...thank goodness!

I have a lot of trouble updating too. Been a problem ever since I got my 336 (nearly a year now). I was completely unsuccessful in getting it to update via USB. Can't imagine it's the wifi causing the issue, since I have no problems with Netflix or other apps. Any other suggestions?

Quote:

The 336 only has one HDMI input, I believe. The 536 (which I have) has two HDMI inputs. With that, you can have the Dish connect to HDMI1 on your 536, and the Xbox 360 (or the Wii - not sure if Wii uses HDMI) connect to HDMI2, and have the Wii (or the Xbox 360) connect to the 536 using Toslink Optical Audio.

All of your devices will use the 536's speakers.

I don't believe the Wii has a digital audio output of any kind. At least I never noticed one. That's ok though, since the 536 has an analog input as well.

You are correct that the 336 only has one HDMI input.
post #178 of 230 Old 01-04-2012, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokekevin View Post

Did you set the audio correctly in the xbox settings?

sorry my mistake, i find out that the game that i was playing (dance central 2) not always give sound to the rear speakers, only it certain moments. thanks =)
post #179 of 230 Old 01-04-2012, 02:51 PM

The new Netflix update isnt cooperating and I can't use the app at all. There's not an available download on the LG site so that I can even try doing it via USB. The update that I downloaded the other day via usb, which I thought was the Netflix update, turned out to be the new driver update. Oddly it seemed to fix the Netflix problem for a couple of days. Now I'm back to not being able to use Netflix. Very frustrating.
post #180 of 230 Old 01-04-2012, 03:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

The new Netflix update isnt cooperating and I can't use the app at all. There's not an available download on the LG site so that I can even try doing it via USB. The update that I downloaded the other day via usb, which I thought was the Netflix update, turned out to be the new driver update. Oddly it seemed to fix the Netflix problem for a couple of days. Now I'm back to not being able to use Netflix. Very frustrating.

Did you do this?:

Quote:

That's definitely an unusual issue. Doing the following usually clears up weird issues:

Go into Settings, and Initialize. Then shut down the player. Unplug it, plug it back in, and turn it on. Put your WiFi information back in. Reboot and let me know if it stays.

Reply Home Theater In A Box

Tags
Lg Brand , Lg , Blu Ray Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page