Official LG LHB326/336/536/976 Owner's Thread - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 231 Old 01-04-2012, 07:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yes, did everything step by step as you suggested. I really thought the app was updating and going to actually work this time, as it seemed to be updating for almost 5+ minutes, unfortunately it just said 'update failed' again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 231 Old 01-13-2012, 09:31 PM

hi, is there a way to my lg 536 reproduce a dts hd master or dolby true audio signal from my pc? i just donwloaded a blue ray movie on my pc and i know that only power dvd ultra and arcsoft TMT but i need an audio card or something ? i have an nvidia 550 ti if that helps, thanks =)
post #183 of 231 Old 01-17-2012, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avonbeauty View Post

Yes, did everything step by step as you suggested. I really thought the app was updating and going to actually work this time, as it seemed to be updating for almost 5+ minutes, unfortunately it just said 'update failed' again.

Try the website again...I was able to finally get the updated software from the website and successfully update via usb this weekend.
post #184 of 231 Old 02-07-2012, 06:03 AM

Does anyone have a good sounding user eq settings they would like to share?
post #185 of 231 Old 02-09-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke2011 View Post

There is a quicker way then pressing the Home button, just go straight to the input by pushing the input button.

I have yet to update my 536, as I currently do not have it hooked up to the internet, soon though just waiting on my new wall unit.

I would like to see a fix for; I have a LG TV as well and I use the simplink function, it works great providing I don't leave a disk in the player.

How it works is; whatever I'm watching on the TV and I want to send the audio to the 536, I just press simplink button and choose HT instead of TV Speakers, it then turns on my 536 if it's off and changes the input to ARC if it's not currently on it. (I use the HDMI1 on my TV as it has ARC capability)

Works good, but it's not 5.1, it's only stereo, wish they (LG) would fix that too.

Deke

So, if I'm using HDMI passthrough through the LG TV, it won't support 5.1 audio by default? That's lame.
post #186 of 231 Old 02-11-2012, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spcmnspiff View Post

So, if I'm using HDMI passthrough through the LG TV, it won't support 5.1 audio by default? That's lame.

Right, you have to buy the right remote control to access the service menu to get the TV to pass through 5.1 audio, and even then it is not the highest quality 5.1. I've forgotten the exact nomenclature used to designate the different levels of quality, but it should still sound pretty good, much better than stereo for sure.
post #187 of 231 Old 02-12-2012, 03:40 AM

I have the LG BDH9000. Does anyone know why LG are no longer using Pro Logic on their newer models? Natural Plus sounds awful.
post #188 of 231 Old 02-12-2012, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan2801 View Post

I have the LG BDH9000. Does anyone know why LG are no longer using Pro Logic on their newer models? Natural Plus sounds awful.

Try another setting if you don't like Natural Plus. I usually keep mine set on bypass or NP, but occasionally use the enhanced speaker mode if I have trouble understanding words being spoken.
post #189 of 231 Old 02-12-2012, 05:33 AM

Tried them all using a stereo source. Bass option isn't bad but I have to tweak the speakers every time I use it which is a nuisance.

Pro Logic II on my older LG home cinema dished out cracking surround sound. I just can't understand why LG have dropped Pro Logic when so much audio is still encoded in PCM.
post #190 of 231 Old 02-12-2012, 04:45 PM

Does anyone know where to find a replacment drive for the LHB976. Mine will not read blu-ray's anymore and LG keeps giving me the run around.
post #191 of 231 Old 02-13-2012, 04:52 AM

Quote:

Tried them all using a stereo source. Bass option isn't bad but I have to tweak the speakers every time I use it which is a nuisance.

Pro Logic II on my older LG home cinema dished out cracking surround sound. I just can't understand why LG have dropped Pro Logic when so much audio is still encoded in PCM.

Just guessing, but Pro Logic/Pro Logic II is seen by many to be old technology and LG will try to save every buck they can when they manufacture these units. I have a super Pro Logic audio/video system I bought in the early 1990's when Pro Logic came out that is mostly useless these days. It had maybe five or so years at the top before Pro Logic II came out and technology has raced forward since then making many, many fine audio systems obsolete. I've now decided that 5.1 is the standard that is "good enough" for me, anything beyond may sound some better but there is a declining bang for your buck. Sorry I can't help more, I can understand your frustration.
post #192 of 231 Old 02-15-2012, 04:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

I love Pro Logic II, too. My former LG unit had it, and it was awesome. My bedroom home theater system (which is about 6 or 7 years old) has it, and it helps sooooo much with stereo audio. It really sucks that they left it out of this unit. Natural Plus isn't terrible, but Pro Logic II was the way to go with stereo audio.
post #193 of 231 Old 02-18-2012, 10:40 AM

So the 536 is discontinued on LG... And stores appear to be closing them out?... What's up...

Is the 336 the only (best) option left @ under 500.00
post #194 of 231 Old 02-21-2012, 09:09 AM

Hi, Maloo69 I know of 1 option You can try its the Sears parts department... Respond here in the forum if you cant find it and I'll try to get the website again for you...
post #195 of 231 Old 02-23-2012, 03:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by designit View Post

So the 536 is discontinued on LG... And stores appear to be closing them out?... What's up...

Is the 336 the only (best) option left @ under 500.00

The 2012 models should be out by next month. Just hold off for a little while.

Also, it is weird that the 536 is discontinued now, while the other 2011 models are still selling (on LG's site and on Amazon). What gives???
post #196 of 231 Old 02-28-2012, 05:02 AM

I manually checked for an update on Monday 2/27 and the unit found a driver update. It took maybe 30 seconds to complete the process, not like other updates that took several minutes.
post #197 of 231 Old 03-19-2012, 07:24 AM

Update is available on 3/19, no idea what it addresses or does. I had to manually check in order to get it.
post #198 of 231 Old 03-20-2012, 04:03 PM
Advanced Member

This update fixes the YouTube interface.

It also bricked my system. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
post #199 of 231 Old 03-21-2012, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeAd MiKe 187 View Post

I haven't yet used the YouTube application, but maybe I'll try it out when I have some free time. One of my favorite columnists is only available via the internet and it would be neat to see him on an HDTV rather than a 17" computer monitor.

Sorry to read about your problem, the update went smoothly for me so I guess I should feel grateful that I didn't encounter the issue you did. My player does have some occasional odd quirks like the volume suddenly decreasing for a while and then increasing back to where it was after some time. Also, I usually I have to push the HOME button twice to get my unit to respond.

OK, I have to edit my post. After posting I had experienced no problems after the update I tried to stream an HD 5.1 audio program from Netflix and experienced many audio dropouts and shaky movements in the picture as the documentary progressed. I had streamed this same program before and experienced no problems. I plan on contacting LG to see what the problem is and will post anything of value they tell me.
post #200 of 231 Old 03-21-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeAd MiKe 187 View Post

Hello i have make the update too, but now i block at the "BOOT" ! What is possible to make, for fix this ? THX
post #201 of 231 Old 03-21-2012, 09:53 AM

As of the morning of 3/21, I contacted LG about the problems we are having and they said that they are aware of them and their engineers are working to correct. They said another firmware update will hopefully be available later today or tomorrow morning to fix.
post #202 of 231 Old 03-21-2012, 10:39 AM

Thank you Connestee, but I hope I can do an update, because I can not access the menu, my home theater block at startup... :/
post #203 of 231 Old 03-22-2012, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoro67 View Post

Thank you Connestee, but I hope I can do an update, because I can not access the menu, my home theater block at startup... :/

Have you tried doing an update via USB? I don't know what else would solve the problem except contacting LG and hoping they care enough to help.
post #204 of 231 Old 03-31-2012, 05:01 AM

After ten days and no firmware update to fix the streaming problems (I can't stream HD programs from Netflix without the audio dropping out and the picture freezing) I talked to an LG service rep who talked me through several procedures. Nothing we did corrected the problem so hopefully it will be bumped up to high priority and LG software engineers will come up with an update that can solve the problem.

The service rep was very friendly and spent a lot of time working with me so I have to give LG some credit even thought the problem persists.
post #205 of 231 Old 04-08-2012, 01:14 PM

Hi everyone!

i can't seem to find anyone else talking about this issue....

When i play videos from a CIFs location and the source is AAC 6 Channel, the device only shows that its AAC 2 Channel. and on top of that it sends a rumbling noise to the subwoofer. which makes it is impossible to watch/listen to a movie.

i've tried changing every setting possible on the unit, changing the "sound effect" to other settings does not help at all. (i've read that somewhere)

further investigation i have found if i use ffmpeg to transcode the AAC 6 channel to AC3 5.1 and leave the video alone it will fix the issue.

i'm noticing this trend within the encoding community and its getting rather annoying to re-transcode the audio on all of the videos. is there something i am missing? does LG know about this issue? I'm just curious why i can't seem to find anything else with it.

ANY help is greatly appreciated.
post #206 of 231 Old 04-12-2012, 07:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basskitten View Post

Hi everyone!

i can't seem to find anyone else talking about this issue....

When i play videos from a CIFs location and the source is AAC 6 Channel, the device only shows that its AAC 2 Channel. and on top of that it sends a rumbling noise to the subwoofer. which makes it is impossible to watch/listen to a movie.

i've tried changing every setting possible on the unit, changing the "sound effect" to other settings does not help at all. (i've read that somewhere)

further investigation i have found if i use ffmpeg to transcode the AAC 6 channel to AC3 5.1 and leave the video alone it will fix the issue.

i'm noticing this trend within the encoding community and its getting rather annoying to re-transcode the audio on all of the videos. is there something i am missing? does LG know about this issue? I'm just curious why i can't seem to find anything else with it.

ANY help is greatly appreciated.

I had the SAME problem, but with AAC 5.1 - switching Sound Effects (and then switching back) solved it. They've known about the issue since I reported it back in March 2011. It's been over a year, so I'm sure it won't be fixed. They said something about AAC being a difficult codec or whatever (even though my olddd DVD player/receiver handle it fine, as does the Xbox 360). Luckily, I didn't have many videos with AAC. I obtained videos with DTS over AAC, so that I could just get rid of them.
post #207 of 231 Old 04-21-2012, 11:26 PM

Newbie to the forumn here.

I've got a 336. TOnight the center channel just stopped working while watching TV via the Optical inuput. Tried a DVD, Blu-ray, more TV (via cable box) and no center. Wire connections are in place. Tried changing the Sound Effect, reinitialized, the whole nine yards. Still no center channel.

I've got the sucker unpluged and will let it sit so overnight and try again in the AM. Until then, anyone got anything on this? Thanks in advance.

Steve
post #208 of 231 Old 04-22-2012, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srojr View Post

Newbie to the forumn here.

I've got a 336. TOnight the center channel just stopped working while watching TV via the Optical inuput. Tried a DVD, Blu-ray, more TV (via cable box) and no center. Wire connections are in place. Tried changing the Sound Effect, reinitialized, the whole nine yards. Still no center channel.

I've got the sucker unpluged and will let it sit so overnight and try again in the AM. Until then, anyone got anything on this? Thanks in advance.

Steve

Try changing the wire that goes to the center speaker. It probably won't change anything, but you might as well go ahead and do it now because I have a feeling you will have to call LG service on this problem.

I called LG service a few weeks ago regarding the problem one of their updates caused. Isabel was the name of the service rep and she was very nice, spent a lot of time trying to fix my problem.
post #209 of 231 Old 04-22-2012, 09:26 AM

Hey Connestee... thanks for the reply!

I unplugged the center speaker from the back of the unit, plugged in one of the surround speakers to the center speaker clips in the back, and got sound. So it does not appear to be the channel but the speaker or the wire.

So, what do you think..... do I need some wire or a new speaker? The unit is in a cabinet and the wires are all hidden so unhooking a whole wire to test the center speaker would be a ton of work that I would like to avoid if possible. Best Buy is close so the trip is easy; I'll buy a separate center speaker if I need it but some speaker wire will be cheaper.
post #210 of 231 Old 04-22-2012, 09:46 AM

I sucked it up and rehooked up a wire; it's the center speaker. Heading out to see what BB has to replace it.
Reply Home Theater In A Box

Tags
Lg Brand , Lg , Blu Ray Players

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page