Panasonic SC-BTT770 Function Question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 03-31-2011, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just bought this system. When it powers up, it goes automatically to a Home page. This page has 9 options, such as Internet Content, FM Radio, Sound, Setup, etc. In order to listen to the input from my Comcast DVR, each time it powers up, I must select EXT In, then HDMI1 (the input for the DVR), and then wait about 5 seconds while it retrieves that inout signal. After 3 hours and 8 different CSA's, Panasonic customer service advises that is the design.

My previous HTIB systems always powered up with whatever input selection it powered down in, needing changing only if I wanted a different input. If I had last watched a DVD, it powered back up in DVD mode; last watched cable tv, it powered back up in cable mode, etc. We are finding these extra steps annoying.

Is this the standard now or has Panasonic gone off in their own world?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-31-2011, 05:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Just read the manual and it looks like Panasonic has fallen off the rocker!! Maybe time to exchange for something more user friendly.
post #3 of 6 Old 04-01-2011, 11:44 PM

I really hope this isn't true, I just ordered one.
post #4 of 6 Old 04-02-2011, 06:57 AM - Thread Starter

Oh, definitely true. It Boots up to the home screen every time and you then must select your input, every time. If you figure out how to get it to set to a default input, let me know. We are pleased with the sound and the other functions so we will hang on to the system. But not thrilled with this feature.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-03-2011, 03:15 PM

I've been reading these forums for a long time, but have never felt the need to respond. So here is my first contribution

I can replicate all of your results if I turn the system on before anything attached to it. However, I find that if I turn my TV on first it will auto boot to AUX (my current audio solution).

It always autoboots to BD/DVD if I leave a disc in there and turn the TV on first.

As long as you haven't changed the input source + channel, my unit seems to behave properly...

Have you followed through with the updates? Perhaps one of the updates fixed this for me and I just never noticed before.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-03-2011, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the feedback, but are you sure you have the same system? It is brand new, only out for a few months. Even when we turn the tv in first, the system still starts up on the home page and requires us to first select EXT IN then HDMI1, my cable box/DVR input. It does automatically launch the BD/DVD function if a disc is leftmin when it is shut off.

It isn't enough for us to return the system, as we are otherwise pleased. Just kind of a nuisance.
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page