Sony HT-IS100 speakers with a new receiver? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-11-2011, 09:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Greetings:

The receiver/subwoofer unit of my HT-IS100 died (it no longer outputs video though other sections seem to work fine). I like the speakers, the audio quality is good and the size is nice and small, and I would hate to just chuck them out, so I'm wondering whether anyone might have a recommendation for a receiver (and subwoofer, since that was built in to the receiver that would be replaced) that might work well with the HT-IS100 speakers. The speakers are rated 10 ohms, the receiver output is 50W. Buying another HT-IS100 could be an option, though it's been discontinued and it seems sort of wasteful to buy another set of speakers for which I'd have no use.

Thanks in advance for all advice,

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-11-2011, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Nope the HT-is100 is a disposable htib. Looks like it's time to start all over again or try to buy a replacement part.

This is why I don't recommend systems like that cause when one part breaks you either replace the part or have to throw the full thing out
post #3 of 4 Old 06-11-2011, 11:11 AM

Liked: 11
sound like a good time to upgrade.. The way that unit was designed the Amp/has the woofer and a Midrange in the main box and the lil golf balls are the tweeters/ hi range effects speakers..so getting a recv and using those lil speaks wont sound good. I would part that out or look to Ebay. sometimes the main box shows up..do your self a favor and up grade to separate components.
post #4 of 4 Old 06-11-2011, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
I was afraid of this. Perhaps getting us somewhat off topic... what are some good options that have smallish speakers (including rear ones that can be wall mounted)?

Thanks!
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page