looking for: an inexpensive HT system just for FM music! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-01-2011, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hi all.

I have a small quandry. I am looking for either a good boombox or a home theater system that I will use just for listening to FM radio, and maybe playing some cds with.
Just to sit in a corner and to listen to FM rock and roll and also maybe listen to some cds. must be "louder" than with a tiny radio, must be of the highest
fidality trade-off with the cost!
I am "cursed" with *very* sensitive ears for muddy sound, and other horrors, found in most cheap systems, I have "musicians ears": plus another "curse", a very limited disibility fixed income!

Bestbuy has its row of boomboxes, from the sonys to the panasonics; most fail.

The home theaters in a box often are way way too expensive.
Best buy recently had a customer return reburbished, an Insignia house brand, for "only" $200 and the maker of it, i read, is Onkyo! but no remote!
remotes, if lost, virtually kills the whole system, i find.

Ideally, I would just like two speakers with a central processor and maybe a sub. like the HTIB. A good boombox will do.
Tallahassee, where i live, has many FM stations, from the college garage music to the golden oldies of rock. Many many menories and good music here. the cds, why who knows, but a few Americans, just what good rock music comes from Russia!
[Alkonost, Arkona, Gray]
the "real cheap" systems are, of course, dull and muddy. the "five star" models tend to be way over my budget.

I found a fair system at a pawn shop, recently, but the crumbling particle board, in the speaker enclosures, emitted so much formaydhyde fumes that my COPD lung condition could not take it! Older systems can be like that.
what to do??!

Before I get lost in Google, maybe someone here can Point me into some direction.

thank you, freestone wilson.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-03-2011, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I PMed you I forgot we are not suppose to put pricing up and links and such. I edit this post and PMed you instread.
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page