Big question: what is worth? HT "power" or... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-07-2011, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Big question: is it worth buying a home theater full of features, but much more expensive, or a more basic HT and a blu ray player with more features such as USB, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, upscaling.

This BD will supply these resources in a more top HT, such as a Denon 4311? My goal is to have functionality and connectivity.

I had thought buy the Denon AVR-591 HT with the LG BD-660 BD instead of the Denon 1912 or 3312 and a BD any

grateful
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-14-2011, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

Up.

Anybody??
post #3 of 4 Old 11-14-2011, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 274
That's a tough question to answer because there are so many variables that really only you can answer. Budget is usually the first consideration. If you're looking for a 5.1, 7.1 experience the best way is to purchase separates (AVR, speakers) after careful consideration and listening. It depends, in part, on what your tv has as well. Full complement of High Speed HDMI inputs, coax/opitcal out ,etc. For me, I chose to go the route of a separate HTS, separate BD player (with built-in WiFi) and matched the outputs/inputs as best as I could (basically for ease of setup and minimal cables).
post #4 of 4 Old 11-14-2011, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post

That's a tough question to answer because there are so many variables that really only you can answer. Budget is usually the first consideration. If you're looking for a 5.1, 7.1 experience the best way is to purchase separates (AVR, speakers) after careful consideration and listening. It depends, in part, on what your tv has as well. Full complement of High Speed HDMI inputs, coax/opitcal out ,etc. For me, I chose to go the route of a separate HTS, separate BD player (with built-in WiFi) and matched the outputs/inputs as best as I could (basically for ease of setup and minimal cables).

+1 do some critical thinking and weigh the variables
Reply Home Theater In A Box

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page