Panasonic SC-BT230 help please - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-28-2011, 09:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, i hope this is the right place for my question if not sorry.
well i have this set for about a year plus my Panny TC-42Px24 plasma and having some really good time with them but after getting the PS3 connected plus my Wii i have to keep changing the audio inputs for each set, what i wish to know is if there is a setting or something that will make the tv/ht change to it's correct audio preference everytime i select the ps3 (via hdmi/toslink) and the wii (via componet/tv-toslink) because let's say i am playing ps3... if i change to wii video the audio will still be the one used with the ps3, sorry for my english and i hope you guys could give me a hand with this P.S. TV/HT are linked with viera link just in case.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-29-2011, 12:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by iaiajo View Post

Hi, i hope this is the right place for my question if not sorry.
well i have this set for about a year plus my Panny TC-42Px24 plasma and having some really good time with them but after getting the PS3 connected plus my Wii i have to keep changing the audio inputs for each set, what i wish to know is if there is a setting or something that will make the tv/ht change to it's correct audio preference everytime i select the ps3 (via hdmi/toslink) and the wii (via componet/tv-toslink) because let's say i am playing ps3... if i change to wii video the audio will still be the one used with the ps3, sorry for my english and i hope you guys could give me a hand with this P.S. TV/HT are linked with viera link just in case.

A universal remote like the logitech harmonys can help you with that. Basically you set up the remote with different activities like for me I have movies or karaoke. I push the movies button it turns on the tvand sets the receiver to the right input. I want karaoke, it does the same thing. The lower end models like the harmony 650 would be perfect! Hope that helps!

No subwoofer I've heard has been able to produce the bass I've experienced in the Corps!

Must..stop...buying...every bluray release...
post #3 of 5 Old 12-29-2011, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokekevin View Post

A universal remote like the logitech harmonys can help you with that. Basically you set up the remote with different activities like for me I have movies or karaoke. I push the movies button it turns on the tvand sets the receiver to the right input. I want karaoke, it does the same thing. The lower end models like the harmony 650 would be perfect! Hope that helps!

Hi pokekevin and thanks for your suggestion, yeah i was thinking about buying one of the cheap ones like the Logitech Harmony 300i or the Logitech 915-000148 Harmony 200, do you think they will be able to do what i want? if that so i would buy the harmony 200 because i don't need extra features just want to switch the audio to the correct video :P, any help you or other guys could give will be appreciate, thanks alot.
post #4 of 5 Old 12-30-2011, 05:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 124
The cheaper Harmonys control fewer devices. If you have a TV, AVR, cable box, and two game systems, you are already up to five. So, check the Harmony specs before you buy.
post #5 of 5 Old 12-31-2011, 07:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIslander View Post

The cheaper Harmonys control fewer devices. If you have a TV, AVR, cable box, and two game systems, you are already up to five. So, check the Harmony specs before you buy.

Well yeah but i can't control the wii and i think the harmony use ir and not bluetooth so i can't use the ps3 with the remote (not that i really care because i would use my bluray home theater) unless i buy a bluetooth adapter or something like that for the ps3 :P so im resume i will just use the avr (bluray home theater) the tv and the cablebox, but correct me if i'm wrong please.

Oh have someone tried the Logitech 915-000148 Harmony 200? would it program the audio preferences for each set too? or should i go for the 300 that have some more features and an extra device for 6$ more? (i'm in a budge and i don't really think i will need the extra features for the bigger brothers for the amount of money they cost) :P thanks for any info and to BIslander and pokekevin for the info.
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page