LG LHB975 wireless speaker sync repair - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 95 Old 10-14-2012, 05:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yeah, I totally agree with what you're saying. It's just weird that I can get them to operate by themselves, individually. I did try unplugging, but no help.
They've already issued me an RMA. Kinda crappy that I have to pay return shipping on an OBF part. They should have just written it off and sent me a new one.
We'll see what happens when I get the new one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 95 Old 10-14-2012, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 11
Good luck, I sure hope the next one works for you. Keep us posted.
post #33 of 95 Old 10-18-2012, 05:08 PM

Hey guys,
Great post, just wondering after the fix how long has it lasted with a new card?
I 'm on my second unit and both lasted about three months before the sub went out, going to try this if everyone's new cards are still working?
Thanks
Luke
post #34 of 95 Old 10-18-2012, 05:16 PM

Mine lasted a week after putting in a new sound card, then stopped working. Then it started working again last weekend without me doing anything, then on Monday it stopped and hasn't worked since. I'm going to put in a new card in the subwoofer this weekend and I'll report back. I'm very discouraged and disappointed in LG. My LG TV, on the other hand, is exceptional and the most brilliant picture I've seen on any HDTV, and all my friends agree.
post #35 of 95 Old 10-19-2012, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mine has lasted 10+ months and have had no problems since the new card was installed.
post #36 of 95 Old 10-21-2012, 05:51 AM

Well, I'm pleased to report that after my "out-of-box" sound card failure in my subwoofer, I replaced it this morning and everything is working fine again! But I'm ordering a collection of sound cards...just in case.

Again, my thanks to Jerseyfind and the folks of this forum for saving me from Bedlam!
post #37 of 95 Old 10-21-2012, 12:07 PM

Hey guys... I happened upon this site/thread today. I too have suffered the failure of the wireless network card in my subwoofer. I swapped cards from the rear wireless receiver just to be certain. And found my problem. Having scoured the internet for the network cards. It appears that Sears seems to be the only source for obtaining these cards. Have those of you that have gone this route been satisfied. And was your experience obtaining these cards from sears simple. It's just that this particular surround sound unit is no longer made by LG and I feel a bit hesitant to purchase parts for an item that I may in future have great difficulty purchasing.
post #38 of 95 Old 10-22-2012, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

There are several places that sell that card. Just Google the P/N: EBR65859702 and pick one. All sell the part for around $50 plus shipping. As far as ordering parts from Sears, yes it is very simple. Find the part on their "Parts Direct" and follow the instructions. Tell us of your experience with Sears. Good luck.
post #39 of 95 Old 10-22-2012, 04:49 PM

Thank You very kindly "jerseyfind" I did go through the Sears website and ordered two of the wireless cards yesterday. It was very simple, and the online assistant was very helpful. My new cards should arrive by the end of the week. And with any luck I'll continue to enjoy this system for some time thereafter.

I can't quite recall when I originally purchased this system. But it was a floor model from HH Gregg. And already a discontinued by the time I purchased it. The salesman told me LG shelved this model due to this very problem all of us here have experienced. I think it's a great system! It's just a damn shame these wireless cards turned out to be so unreliable. There are very few "bigbox" systems on the market that have wireless sub & rear speakers for this price. There are some very high end sytems that are completely wireless. But cost three times as much, if not more. Perhaps LG will revisit this concept again in it's future systems.

As for now. Stock up on your parts gentlemen. Thanks again to all who have shared their knowledge and experience with this issue. Man!...What would we all do without the internet? Anything and everything you want to know at your fingertips.
post #40 of 95 Old 10-24-2012, 06:18 PM

Alright all is right with the world again. My surround sound is working again without issue, but only after doing a bit of trouble shooting. Let me start off by saying to anyone that experiences failure of the wireless adapter card. Both the rear speaker receiver/transmitter unit and the subwoofer receiver/transmitter unit. MUST HAVE! THE SAME! FW Version chip sets in the wireless adapter cards in order to sync properly to work.

I'm glad that at the time of my oder I decided to order two adapter cards. My problem occured with my subwoofer. I installed the new adapter card and at first was not able to get it to sync properly. After a few tries though I was able to sync the suwoofer. But then the rear surround unit would not work. So at this point I decided to replace the adapter card in the rear tranmitter/receiver unit as well. It was at this time when I noticed on the label the FW Version. The old cards were both labeled FW Version v1.0.5.3 The new ones I just purchased were labeled FW Version v1.0.6.4

As soon as I made sure that both units had the same adapter chipset versions installed. They synced up immediately without any difficulties. Just wanted to pass this bit of information along to anyone else that may experience failure of the wireless adpater cards.
post #41 of 95 Old 10-25-2012, 04:45 AM - Thread Starter

Great piece of information. This probably explains why "DJ75" had the problems he had with his new card. When ordering cards, you should spec the FW (firmware) version (good luck doing that, but worth a try) or order them in pairs and try to get a matched FW pair (also good luck with that). In either case, LG has not bellied up to the bar to solve this continuing problem. At the very least, the FW versions should have been backward compatible when it comes to sync.
post #42 of 95 Old 11-08-2012, 08:06 AM

I have the same problem with my subwoofer and the two rear speakers, they both will not connect. They both stopped working about 2 days ago, do you think the sound card could be the issue?
post #43 of 95 Old 11-11-2012, 06:51 AM - Thread Starter

If they both stopped working at the same time the problem lies elsewhere in that it would be highly unlikely that both wireless cards would fail at the same moment. Have you tried to re-sync the speakers? Directions in your owner's manual.
post #44 of 95 Old 11-13-2012, 12:53 PM

Ok so I have the same problem as everyone else. I was wondering if you know a way to connect the sub to the Blu ray via speaker wire?
post #45 of 95 Old 11-14-2012, 08:18 AM - Thread Starter

To the best of my knowledge, that is not an option. There are no outputs for the sub or the rear speakers on the player.
post #46 of 95 Old 11-29-2012, 07:04 PM

Ok so here is my story with the LG LHB975

Bought it about a year and half ago. Worked perfect for about a year then wireless receiver and subwoofer no longer connected. Found this thread and ordered 2 wireless adapters (FW version 1.0.6.4). The bad adapters were FW 1.0.5.5. Replaced both adapters in the subwoofer and receiver, remated the main unit and nothing. No connection. The subwoofer and receiver blink from blue to red for about 10 seconds, then teases me by staying blue for 2 seconds before repeating the cycle. I have tried power cycling the main unit as well as switching the adapters in the receiver and unit. My last option was to test the main unit wireless adapter and I saw the transmitter FW version was 1.0.5.5. I figured this wouldn''t matter so much since I had the latest firmware installed. Any ideas?
post #47 of 95 Old 12-04-2012, 07:02 AM - Thread Starter

This is my guess. Considering how poorly this unit is supported by LG your new wireless cards (FW 1.0.6.4) are not backwards compatible to the old FW version on your transmitter. You would have to have them all the same in order to work. So the choice is yours on how to do make this happen. Please keep us posted.
post #48 of 95 Old 12-05-2012, 09:20 AM

I have done the exact same thing as Daniel Walker, only exception is that my old cards were firmware version 1.0.5.6. , and got the same exact same result

Daniel, Please let us know if you purchase a new transmitter with an updated firware version, if it works, and what the part # and price is from Sears. I'm keeping my two new cards with (FW 1.0.6.4) for a while longer, hoping I can fix the speakers.
post #49 of 95 Old 12-06-2012, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyfind View Post

If they both stopped working at the same time the problem lies elsewhere in that it would be highly unlikely that both wireless cards would fail at the same moment. Have you tried to re-sync the speakers? Directions in your owner's manual.
I tried re-syncing a few times. Could it be the soundcard in the Reciever that is faulty?
post #50 of 95 Old 12-07-2012, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter

Could be, but i need more information. Can you get either the sub or the wireless rear speakers to sync with the receiver separately? Have you replaced either wireless card recently? Any other operational information would help.
post #51 of 95 Old 12-11-2012, 08:42 AM

What an amazingly helpful post!! Can you please tell a technologically challenged lady what a transmitter is?? I am going to order everything I need to get my LG fixed after a year of hassle with LG and HH Gregg and a 3rd party waste of time and money extended warranty mad.gif kelliRN
post #52 of 95 Old 12-12-2012, 05:56 AM - Thread Starter

A transmitter is a device that sends a signal to a receiver. The signal can be anything but in this case it is sound. But before you throw a bunch of parts at a problem, what exactly happens to your LHB975? Have you tried to do the procedure that I originally posted and what were your results? Any detailed information you send me would be helpful.
post #53 of 95 Old 12-24-2012, 01:58 PM

When it comes to the transmitter wireless card that is housed in the BluRay unit itself, the part number you are looking for is #EBR65859701.
post #54 of 95 Old 12-25-2012, 08:12 AM

Thanks pokeyasd. I am apprehensive about spending more money on this defunct system, but I'm already in $127 for two cards so why not. I'll post if my transmitter card swap out was successful or not, most likely after the holidays.
post #55 of 95 Old 12-28-2012, 08:05 AM

Does anyone know the difference in the cards EBR65859702 and EBR65859701 (only difference is last digit)? Is one an updated card that is better (problem corrected?) Also, has anyone tried repairing the card by replacing whatever electronic component on it failed. My son bought one and loved it, so I bought one. Right after I bought mine, his quit and he got his entire money back. Mine quit early on, and I sent it back for repair (they waived the shipping charges). It failed again within a short time and, unwilling to go through the hassle of boxing it up and paying shipping and repair costs, I've just ignored it and considered that I spent a chunk of money for a Blu-Ray player, netcast device, and a few speakers. I'm not interested in continuing to spend money on this if repairing it is only going to be a very short term solution.
post #56 of 95 Old 12-31-2012, 05:18 PM

The card ending in '1' is the transmitter card (TX) and the card ending in '2' is the receiver card (RX). If you pull all your cards out and look at them, they will be labelled with either the TX or RX codes.
post #57 of 95 Old 01-01-2013, 11:01 AM

Thank you Pokeyasd. Yes we have tried the directions in the original posting. Originally it synced with the bass but then it also went out. The only thing that works now is the center speaker and possibly the towers.. so frustrating.
post #58 of 95 Old 01-01-2013, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

If only the center speaker works, your problem is beyond the wireless cards.

Also, are you still getting a red light on both your wireless speakers or just no sound?
post #59 of 95 Old 01-05-2013, 02:58 PM

Had the same problem. My rear speakers went out. Thank you so much jerseyfind for posting your fix. I swapped the rear receiver card from the subwoofer and viola...It worked. Just ordered my card from Sears, should be here in a few days.
post #60 of 95 Old 01-14-2013, 06:41 PM

I just received my new card . A couple of things to note on the shipping from Sears that may may be of help to some of you when ordering:

Sears website says that they will ship via USPS. My mail delivery is unreliable so I have a PO Box. I used that as my shipping address. I got a card in my PO Box from UPS saying they had a package at their local shipping center and they do not deliver to PO Boxes (duh). So I had to drive 25 miles to UPS and pick it up. Use a physical address for shipping when you buy from Sears.

I installed the new card with no problem. The new card was FW 1.0.6.4 and the old card was FW 1.0.5.6. I was kind of worried about this, but I did the remate thing and the rear wireless unit went from blinking to blue. No problem right, but once the sub-woofer came on the rear unit went to blinking again. I did the remate several times with the same result. I thought that it would be a good idea to unplug both the sub-woofer and the rear unit and to cut off the main unit. Once I turned on the main unit, I did the remate thingy (stop and mute) and I plugged the sub-woofer and the rear unit back in (in that order). The sub-woofer and the rear unit synced up then and everything is working fine. So far with me, it does not matter what the firmware is on the cards. I keep the main unit's software up to date with what is current. Hope this helps.
Reply Home Theater In A Box

Tags
Lg

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page