LG LHB975 wireless speaker sync repair - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 95 Old 01-17-2013, 06:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thank you for your input. Glad to see you have an answer to the firmware version issue. Let us know if you continue to operate trouble free in a month or so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 95 Old 01-22-2013, 05:22 PM

Liked: 10
DEFINITELY A FIX!!! PLEASE READ.

So I was having this same issue as well. I had an LG system for about a year and the rears went out. I honestly didn't even start looking for a solution for about a year later. Found this thread and it was a life-saver! I successfully solved my issue with a combination of suggestions from users posting here.

Thanks to JerseyFind and BeachCowboy, here was my process:

I ordered the card and swapped it with the rear receiver card. Here's the card that I ordered:

Appliance Parts Pros (.com) part number: AP5604546
MFG Part Number: EBR65859702
Cost: $53.98

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/lg-pcb-assembly-module-ebr65859702-ap5604546.html

At first, I couldn't get them to sync. The rear receiver simply flashed red to blue and continued to repeat this. No matter what kind of plugging/unplugging I did to BOTH units, I had no luck. THEN....I read BeachCowboy's thread about "remating" the speakers to the main unit. After doing this, IT WORKED FLAWLESSLY. Please note -- I DID NOT buy two new cards -- I simply replaced one of them that went bad. One card's firmware is v1.0.6.0 and one firmware is v.1.0.6.4. The "remating" is the trick here.

Here's how to "remate" your system:

1. Disconnect the power cords of the wireless speakers.

2. Press and hold the [STOP] button on the front of the main unit/receiver and [MUTE] button on the remote control. (on mine, I only had to press them simultaneously instead of pressing and holding). After doing so, "REMATE" should appear in the main unit display window.

3. Re-connect the power supply to your speakers.

HUGE thanks to everyone that helped gather all of this information! I know this is all information that was already on this thread, but its a bit spread out. I wanted to tie it all together as a full solution for everyone. biggrin.gif

Matt
post #63 of 95 Old 01-23-2013, 07:16 AM - Thread Starter

Matt,

Thanks for pulling the loose ends together. I sure hope this works for everyone and we see many more successful posts!
post #64 of 95 Old 01-25-2013, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the most detailed fix procedure to date! I am sure this will help many others save $$$ and avoid the LG scam. LG should be covering this known defect free of charge even after the warranty is up. Makes for good customer relations. I know I will not purchase another LG produce as a result of this experience.

Thanks again.
post #65 of 95 Old 01-29-2013, 08:46 AM

2 Weeks out from switching out the cards and so far flawless performance. The sub-woofer and the rear speakers sync up every time I turn the unit off and on. Looks like we all collectively found a fix.
post #66 of 95 Old 02-05-2013, 09:44 PM

hi everyone. i'm curious to see if anyone else's wireless cards from searspartsdirect are lasting more than 6 months. i bought the new wireless card from searspartsdirect on may 2012 but now it's failed. tried to remate a few times without sucess.

back story:i bought this htib back in june 2010 and the wireless speakers started failing around may 2011. sent them to lg, paid the shipping in june 2011 and received them back after two weeks. the wireless sub speaker started failing again around april 2012 and that's when i found this thread and followed jerseyfind's fix (thanks jerseyfind!). swapped the card from the rears and the sub started working again. ordered the part from searspartsdirect and installed it in for the rears, remated and everything worked like a charm. after a couple of months, the wireless rears stopped working. and then the sub stopped working at the end of december 2012. btw, both cards have the latest firmware 1.0.6.4.

jerseyfind, are your wireless cards still working? you started this thread a little over a year now.

now i'm wondering if i can return this failed card to searspartsdirect...
post #67 of 95 Old 02-06-2013, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mine are working fine (knock wood). I don't know what their warranty is on electronic parts, but please share your experience with Sears.
post #68 of 95 Old 02-07-2013, 01:16 PM

Good info here. Thanks everyone. I am waiting to see how everyone's replacements last. Not willing to continue to spend on the surround feature after already sending it back. LG does not even reply to emails re: the LHB975. So, LG will never get any of my business for any product, from Cell phones to appliances for my rentals. But, I did contact a consumer advocate agency and there is a lawsuit against LG for this particular issue. This was the response I received from ClassAction.com: "We have a case on file in the federal district court in New Jersey, and we’re trying to negotiate a settlement. If we do reach a settlement, then class members are likely to be reimbursed if they’ve had their speakers malfunction after sending them in for repair to LG."
post #69 of 95 Old 02-11-2013, 06:43 PM

Not sure what qualifications you think you have to try to reprimand someone, unless being totally uninformed counts. Class action lawsuits, regardless of our disdain for what is generally regarded as the greed of lawyers, are designed to hold a company responsible for its products and actions. Failure to put forth the effort to hold them responsible promotes shoddy workmanship and poor products for the general buying public. Why do you return a product you buy that is defective "out of the box." Why not just "grow up?" You bought it. You return it because you have a right to get what you paid for, and the seller has a responsibility to fulfill his obligation to deliver. Sometimes it's easier to just take the loss and go on, but holding them responsible ultimately helps others. When a company (in this case, LG) tries to ignore their customers, the class action gets their attention, and ultimately benefits them when it makes them become a better company by dealing honestly. BTW, there's no bleeding on this site unless it's whoever posted about also having a broken speaker. And, in regard to your totally inappropriate initial reply to "biker dude," we have a word for those who give or receive sex for favors.
post #70 of 95 Old 02-12-2013, 04:16 PM

Thank you thank you jerseyfind, after a year with this home teather i finally can use the sub woofer, i swap the cards and now is working i found the part on sears, and am ordering rigth now, I just wanted to say Thank you. The whole home theater experience needs the sub woofer to be complete.
post #71 of 95 Old 02-14-2013, 05:50 AM - Thread Starter

You're quite welcome. Glad we were able to help.
post #72 of 95 Old 02-20-2013, 01:28 AM

Ok i receive my new card from sears, i after i install it, it start blinking, i did the remate process and now is solid blue, but not sound, I did the remate several times and the same, the frimeware is diferent, is that the problem? Or the card is defective?
post #73 of 95 Old 02-20-2013, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

Hi,

Check posts 60 and 63 to see if they will help you. If they don't, then it could be a bad card. Does the problem follow the card? E.g., if you swap the new card you put in the sub (you didn't indicate where you put it) with the rear receiver or vice versa, does the same problem follow the new card (no sound from the device it is plugged into)? If it does, it's the card. If it doesn't, the problem lies elsewhere.

Let us know.
post #74 of 95 Old 02-26-2013, 12:18 PM

Bad news...the wireless card for the rear speaker unit that I replaced about a month and a half ago petered out, so I called Sears to get a return authorization label and they will get it out to me in a few days they said, so we'll try this again. I thought that the guy on the phone from Sears was going to give me some crap about it, but after I told him that this was a KNOWN defect with this part, he put me on hold and I am assuming that he checked with his supervisor and they said no problem that they would exchange it. I read some posts about the firmware issues but I really believe where all this lies is a defect in the part. Easy enough fix, but frustrating and it can get costly replacing a card every month or so.
post #75 of 95 Old 02-26-2013, 04:20 PM

Man...we really got duped didn't we guys? Lol! I have the same story as most of you...returned it after a few months because the woofer and rears went out. I was charged the rediculous fee and it worked for about 5 months after then the rears went out again followed by the woofer a short time later. I have had it sitting around for about a year and decided to look if their was any new info on fixing the issue without going through LG. Learned my lesson about buying the same brand just because I have a LG TV that is amazing. Anyway, thanks for all the great info, I just ordered the sound card from sears and it should be here early next week, so I will report back on how things work. Peace!
post #76 of 95 Old 02-26-2013, 04:23 PM

SMH...sorry to hear. I refuse to invest anymore funds in this system after this effort to fix it. The same money can be invested in something that works!
post #77 of 95 Old 02-26-2013, 08:55 PM

Yeah, that's what I decided to do too -- cut my losses. I'm going to buy separates. I'll keep the BR player but if anyone wants any of the remaining pieces, just pm me. You'll have to pay for shipping though.
post #78 of 95 Old 03-02-2013, 03:25 AM

So I found I have the same problem - sub woofer not connecting. Tried a zillion things to remate - no luck! Found your post and figured I would just order a new card from Sears instead of swapping from the rear receiver. Well the new card didn't work (it actually did remate and work for about 30 seconds before blinking red blue red blue). So I called Sears and they sent me a replacement, very quickly I might add. Well guess what - this one doesn't work either - same exact response - work then blink out. So now I am ready to throw the whole system away and get a new one, but I figure I might as well try swapping the cards first. It worked - the card from my rear speakers works in my sub - so I am really happy about that. Guess I will be calling Sears again for a replacement of the replacement. Maybe I can get a card from a different lot?
post #79 of 95 Old 03-05-2013, 07:57 AM - Thread Starter

Actually there are a number of distributors of this part. Just Google EBR65859702 and pick one.
post #80 of 95 Old 03-05-2013, 04:19 PM

I actually read this whole thread again last night and unplugged the sub and rear receiver before remating like suggested and it worked! Right now I am back to surround sound. WooHoo.
post #81 of 95 Old 03-13-2013, 01:10 AM

hey guys thanks for all your help.. i finally ordered a replacement part for my subwoofer and fixed it.. i uploaded a video in how i did it... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrx_VKnjLSs I had to unplugged everything and re sync the speakers..

again thanks for all your help
post #82 of 95 Old 03-13-2013, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

You're very welcome. Glad it worked out for you and hope the fix lasts!
post #83 of 95 Old 04-14-2013, 06:02 AM

I finally got around to ordering a new replacement card last week after Sears gladly accepted the defective card and issued me a credit. BTW the price of the card from Sears seemed to go up by about 10 bucks. Guess they know that we all collectively have found a fix and they can charge more....lol. Anyway, the part arrived by UPS on Friday and I got around to installing it this morning. I followed the steps that I found worked that I posted in post #60 and I am back in business again. F/W on new card is the same as the card I replaced (1.0.6.4). Now if my riding mower was so easy to fix I'd be a happy boy! smile.gif
post #84 of 95 Old 04-14-2013, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter

Excellent!! Thanks for the update on the price of the card. I guess it's supply and demand;)
post #85 of 95 Old 06-02-2013, 05:24 PM

Well...bad news again...the card on my subwoofer finally petered out...replaced it using the steps that I listed in post #60...back in business again!
post #86 of 95 Old 06-11-2013, 05:50 AM

yeah,me too,I received yet another defective card. Thanks LG! thank you 10.gif
post #87 of 95 Old 09-05-2013, 08:27 PM

This thread contains a collective amount of great information. Thanks to all that have posted.

I have the same issue as everyone else. My rear receiver and sub lasted about a year, both of them stopped at the same time. I attempted to re-mate multiple times with no luck. I didn't have the option of swapping cards, since neither card worked. I just received 2 new receiver cards ( firmware version 1.0.6.4 ) from Sears. Items were in stock for $65. I first installed a card into the sub ( original firmware 1.0.5.3 ), and cannot get it to mate. I've tried every possible order of unplugging, plugging and re-mating with no luck. I then installed a new card into the rear receiver (original firmware 1.0.6.3) with the same results as the sub. No mate.

Note 1: Before replacing the cards, when I plugged in the sub and rear receiver the light on them would initially be blue then after a second would turn solid red. After changing the cards now the light on each blinks 10 times, then repeats. Change in firmware?

Next step is to change out the transmitter card in the head unit.

Note 2: I did some probing with my multimeter and one difference I noticed was that the 5v output from the power supply in the head unit outputs 5v's. But the 5v output in both the sub and the rear receiver were 4.4v's. Cause of failure?

Since card failure, has anyone noticed if their cooling fan on the sub and/or rear receiver still works ?

Has anyone had a transmitter card fail ?

And in the horrible case that the transmitter card is not my problem, has anyone used this unit for target practice ?

Thanks again and in advance.
post #88 of 95 Old 09-08-2013, 09:34 AM

Since discovering this thread and resolving my issue, like most others, I've had to repeatedly install new sound cards. Following the instructions found on this thread, I've always had success. My wireless receiver went out last night. Today I've done what I always do, but this time my wireless receiver isn't blinking red, the indicator light is burning both blue and red. I've done the remate thing several times, even tried it with another new card...still burns blue and red. Subwoofer is fine.

Any ideas/suggestions?
post #89 of 95 Old 09-08-2013, 10:03 AM

I fixed the issue....I just hadn't fully plugged in the sound card! Now all is working fine and wll for about 3 months....more sound cards on order!
post #90 of 95 Old 09-09-2013, 04:34 PM

I received my card today, and installed it. Now I have a solid blue light except when the main unit is turned off but I have no sound from the sub. I will try to open the rear unit and switch the cards and see what happens. Has anyone else found this to be an issue - good mating but no sound?
Reply Home Theater In A Box

Tags
Lg

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page