New system for under 400? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-21-2012, 03:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey I'm looking to upgrade from my Logitech Z-5500 and have been looking hard at a refurb denon dht-591ba for 329. Im looking to connect my PC either through HDMI from my radeon 5870 or through digital coax from my sound card, as well as a playstation 3. Im currently in a small room but I am looking to move and would probably place this in a living room setting in the future. Would this system be a good buy or are there any recommendations for another HTIB or a better receiver/speaker combo that fits around that price range?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-23-2012, 08:41 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by abagoos View Post

Hey I'm looking to upgrade from my Logitech Z-5500 and have been looking hard at a refurb denon dht-591ba for 329. Im looking to connect my PC either through HDMI from my radeon 5870 or through digital coax from my sound card, as well as a playstation 3. Im currently in a small room but I am looking to move and would probably place this in a living room setting in the future. Would this system be a good buy or are there any recommendations for another HTIB or a better receiver/speaker combo that fits around that price range?

I have been in IT for 14 years... My experience tells me that you cannot go wrong with Refurb Products... Sure, they have a shorter warranty period, but usually, what ever problem the original production line suffered from, has now been repaired. Or, if that failure was one of the expected 10% failure rate... it's actually far less likely to fail than a brand new item of the same make and model. There are occasions where the company just keeps replacing failed parts with "new" parts that will suffer the same fate because they never bothered to fix the source of the problem. That usually only happens in lowere end products (store brands).
post #3 of 4 Old 02-02-2012, 05:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
tough choice here

I would say spend the most on the receiver and the rest on good set of stereo speakes. You can always add stuff later....

Strong or weak in the end we are all dead
post #4 of 4 Old 02-08-2012, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 14
this one seems to get a lot of praise

DENON DHT-591BA 5.1 Home Theater System

$330

http://www.accessories4less.com/make...peakers/1.html
Reply Home Theater In A Box