Logitech Z5500 upgrade => Bose or alternative setup? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-25-2012, 01:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Guys,

I currently own a Logitech Z5500 with which I was quite happy for the last 6 years. With the age of blueray, HDTV and HDMI (trueDolby etc) coming, I'm looking for an upgrade to my Home Theatre system.

My budget is about 2-2,5K, so I went looking on the internet for options
Like most people I guess, I also came across Bose. For this price I could afford a Lifestyle T20 system, which suits my needs quite well:
No difficult setup, plenty of HDMI inputs, trueDolby and HDMI 1.4 support, small speakers, nice looking setup, ...

Then when I did a little research on the net and I started to find these posts about bose being totaly overpriced and not even worthy of being called a high end system (bad crossover, very bad frequency range and response +-10DB?, and even dialogue coming from the subwoofer???). When I invest 2,5K I expect a good improvement over my current Logitech Z5500 set, which only set me back about 400.

My audio guy also sells B&W so I went looking for a different setup. I came up with the following:

Receiverenon AVR1912
Sattelites:B&W M1
Center:B&W HTM 62
Sub: B&W ASW 610

This would cost me about 2,4K with my current audio dealer.
Would this be a better setup or is there any problem with it to your opinion?
Are there any good other alternatives?

I'm looking for a rather easy setup (I'm a civil engineer so I have basic knowledge about electronics but my domain of expertise is IT), smallish speakers, I already have a blueray player (PS3), at least 3 HDMI inputs, trueDolby support for blueray viewing, 3D enabled HDMI. Not interested in specific WIFI, or other technology...
I would use the system mostly for watching movies/TV, occasional gaming and music listening. My room is about 20 ft by 30 ft , which consists of 2 parts with a wall about half the width of the room in the middle (open kitchen), so the real living room is about 20 foot by 15ft (I hope this makes some sense :-).)
I problaby do not have the possibility to buy the same range of speakers which are available to you guys in the USA, because I live in Europe...

As I browsed through the different post on the forum, there seem to be guys around which have huge experience with different audio setups and home theatre systems, so please, if you can find the time... enlighten me with your audio knowledge :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-25-2012, 10:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Post this in the "speaker" section. you will get lots of opinions
Reply Home Theater In A Box

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page