Stick with my 6 year old HTIB or upgrade just cause? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-28-2012, 08:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been using my 5-6 year old Onkyo HTIB and I am fairly happy with it. I wish it had more inputs and connections and maybe even HDMI, but besides that the sound quality is pretty good and fills up my 18x19' space.

But I recently bought a projector and have been looking at a whole new component setup with some floor standing speakers and the works (I already have a Denon AVR sitting and a JL Audio 13.5" W7 if I feel the need)

Thing is I think my HTIB is more than adequate, but I cant help and feel like I should upgrade simply because I now have an awesome 130" picture, and have some money to upgrade. I am not an audiophile, but I do have some dynaudio monitor speakers for my music making hobby and they sound amazing, just dont know if I need that clarity for movies.

Anyone else with experience in both HTIB and component setups care to talk me out of upgrading and just being happy with that I have?

Also, if I do upgrade, it will most likely be the Polk Monitor 70/CS2 setup from newegg. Thought posting to the HTIB forum would be a better place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-29-2012, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemogoblin View Post

I have been using my 5-6 year old Onkyo HTIB and I am fairly happy with it. I wish it had more inputs and connections and maybe even HDMI, but besides that the sound quality is pretty good and fills up my 18x19' space.

Sounds to me like you've already answered your question

Depending on your budget, Onkyo, Yamaha, Denon make some very nice receivers for a modest price if you don't want/need top of the line and it appears that you've already got the speakers covered or close to it. HDMI is a necessary evil so that right there would be a reason to upgrade.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-03-2012, 10:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
are you budget constrained? or can you do it on your budget?

I upgraded to a RX-V667 from a HTR-5635 and to my dismay I found that my TV does not like my receiver's 1080p output.

I would make sure that what ever equipment you do get plays nice with each other over hdmi

Strong or weak in the end we are all dead
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page