First Time Budget HTiB System - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-02-2012, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello All,

First a little bit about my planned setup. I'm getting rid of my TV and buying an Epson 8350 projector as my main media outlet. Since my old Samsung plasma is taking the HTiB with it, I need a completely new system. =)

I will mainly be watching movies on my projector through my laptop, and will also hook up my ps3 and possibly an HDTV Tuner box to watch live sports (I'm not sure how the quality would look if I just got a TV tuner from my laptop and watched TV from there). So essentially, I will need 3 HDMI inputs at most and then 1 coming out of my receiver to my 8350. I have been looking at these 3 setups and I was wondering if I could get some advice from the experts on which one would work best (based on what you've heard about them).

1. Onkyo HT-S7409 5.1 ($477) - Great receiver and doesn't have the PS3 flicker problem with "Deep Color" kept on (or thats what I hear anyways).
2. Onkyo HT-S5400 ($360) - Cheaper than the unit above, but has the PS3 flicker issue, however, I'm not sure how big of a deal is the Deep Color, and if I will even notice it turned off.
3. Samsung Electronics HT-D6730W Home Theater System ($530) - The most expensive of the 3 and only has 2 HDMI inputs, but has a blu-ray player. No known issues that I've read about, and I would get it, but I feel that the high price tag is because of the blu-ray player (which I already have with my ps3 and don't need).

If anybody feels strongly towards one or against, please let me know! Also, if you have any suggestions that I didn't mention, I would be happy to research that as well (the price of the Samsung is the highest that I could go and even that is stretching it..).

Thanks for reading and advice!
Noob
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page