Wireless HT advice needed for purchase - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-14-2012, 07:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looking to set up the In-Laws with (hopefully) a "wireless" Home Theater setup. Does not necessarily need to be a HTinbox, but simplicity is absolutely necessary.

This is for people that need 'idiotproof'. Currently they have a soundbar I set them up with, but I'm not too pleased with it, and its a rather large room with the viewing area and couches on a carpeted section approximately 10' x 20', but the room goes back at least 100'.

I'm thinking that rear surrounds and a strong center will allow them to hear the audio better, better for enjoyment, but even better for not cranking the volume up so high as to disturb the house.

Wiring to the rear is absolutely out of the question, and the house was wired for 2-channel in strange locations when it was built. So currently the speakers that were hooked up to the TV previously are in a cabinet to the left of the TV.

Also, since they are not audiophiles, or even much of music-listeners or movie-enthusiasts, I'm not willing to go very high on the price without damned good reason. Thinking ~$500, but depends on the advice I receive.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Can provide more info if needed. Also posted this in two locations, as I don't know which forum is appropriate.

Tia.
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page