I am in the process of setting up a "real" media/entertainment room in my basement. As I move my higher-end but bulky components to the entertainment room, I need a compact replacement system for my family room. Ideally, I need:
* A compact system, since my family room is relatively small, about 12x15
* A real 5.1 system -- not sure I could live with simulation via a sound bar after having had a decent (Acoustimass 10) system for many years. The front speakers can be included in a sound bar as long as there are separate rear speakers. Ideally, rear speakers would be slim and floor-standing, to avoid need for a separate stand or wall-mounting.
* Included DVD player and receiver (DVD player not a must-have)
* Several HDMI inputs
* In-built wireless internet connectivity, including at a minimum Netflix connectivity (no adapters)
* Wireless rear speakers and subwoofer (no adapters)
* Built-in iPod connectivity or Bluetooth availability
* Sound can be decent but need not be great
* Priced under $600
So far, the only system I have come across that comes even close to these requirements is Panasonic SC-BTT770. A couple of things I don't like about the BTT770 are: (1) The front speakers are somewhat large, and (2) The subwoofer isn't wirelessly connected.
Please let me know if you have any other suggestions for systems that fit the bill.