Help with somewhat random speaker pops/clicks - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 04-12-2012, 12:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all!

I have searched for something similar to my issues here and really everywhere but have yet to find something concrete. I have an Onkyo HTS5100 7.1 system that I have owned for 3 years now and has been quite nice for my needs.

However I have noticed small little pops from various digital sources when watching live and recorded tv. Often it is between commercials or when a tv show goes to a commercial. They are not loud pops but just audible enough to be noticed. I also am getting a bit more distortion too. I noticed greatly during the Masters, the mics of the commentators sounded almost too sensitive. I had the issues only over a digital in either optical or coax from a cable box or a htpc. I can replay the audio from the htpc and it will still have the distortions/pops. Most of the time audio is fine. Its just a really nuisance item but enough my ears pick up. (Maybe its me) I don't think its speaker related but I would prefer not to get a new receiver if possible. Any thoughts/ trouble shooting ideas? Thanks!
Reply Home Theater In A Box

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page