Please Help - Need Small Audio/Video Receiver (hopefully with Built in DVD Player) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-15-2012, 07:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This is for my master bedroom. I want to get some speakers hooked up as the sound coming from my TV isnt stellar. I have a cable box, appletv, and a dvd player (all use HDMI). I am looking for a small a/v receiver so i can hook up all the components and have speakers to provide better sound. It would be even better if the unit had a built in dvd player, but that isnt necessary. I found harmon kardon has one (http://www.harmankardon.com/EN-US/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?PID=BDS%20370/120) but I don't want to spend $900 on it.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-15-2012, 08:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 239
You might want to look at Yamaha, Onkyo, Denon. I believe they make HTiBs systems with and without built-in DVD players for considerably less than $900 ($300 - $500). They will be 5.1 systems but you don't have to use all of the speakers. Or, you could go with separates (DVD player, receiver, and a pair of front speakers). You'll get more equipment with a HTiB but you'll get better performance out of separates.
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page